Author Topic: Heath Ledger as the "Joker" in the next Batman?  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Heath Ledger as the "Joker" in the next Batman?
« on: August 01, 2006, 12:15:52 am »
My husband just read me this blurb from www.ign.com about Heath playing the "Joker" in the next Batman movie.  There is supposed to be a press release tomorrow confirming this.

This seems odd to me but what do I know about casting? *lol*  I'm sure Heath will do a stellar job no matter what though  :)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Ledger as the "Joker" in the next Batman?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 10:03:50 am »
My husband just read me this blurb from www.ign.com about Heath playing the "Joker" in the next Batman movie.  There is supposed to be a press release tomorrow confirming this.

This seems odd to me but what do I know about casting? *lol*  I'm sure Heath will do a stellar job no matter what though  :)

The news broke last week, seems like it has been confirmed that he has accepted the deal. Personally, I am disappointed because I don't like the Batman movies, but others seem to think this is a good career move. Time will tell....

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 10:25:56 am »
Thanks for the link, Amber.  It looks like it's for certain now.  If this movie is as well-directed as the last one with Christian Bale, there could be some good moments in it for Heath, not just cartoon stuff.  Knowing Heath, he wouldn't have accepted the role if he'd  felt it would be otherwise.  One thing is for sure:  he doesn't want to be typecast.  Just looking at his recent roles, all very different characters, tells you that.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 08:23:03 pm »
Yeah, I heard this was confirmed as well.  We can only hope the part will be written dark and deadly and not cartoonish, but we shall see.

I guess Heath's year off with Mathilda and Michelle is nearing its end?