Author Topic: Major Software Upgrade  (Read 7826 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Major Software Upgrade
« on: June 02, 2009, 05:33:55 pm »
I have been very quiet on here for the last several weeks because I have been working behind the scenes on implementing a major software upgrade here, and wanted to stay focused on that so I would not get sidetracked by the day to day issues.  I have a boatload of PM's I will start working on after the upgrade project is completed.  One of the major problems I've had is not enough time to do big projects because smaller things kept consuming all of my free time.  I made a conscious decision not to allow that to happen this time, because the upgrade will also address a few security problems inherent in the software, and I do not want those to be open for very long.

I am excited by the prospects of moving to v2.0 of BetterMost (through SMF) and all of the new things that will bring.  It will be the most fundamental upgrade in the history of this site, and will bring us many new things to explore and utilize.

The site will be offline for a few hours once the upgrade commences, and I will give everyone ample warning.  No messages or PM's should be lost.  But after the upgrade, we'll probably have to bug fix a few of our add-ons.  Then we'll have to begin explaining some new features to everyone.

This thread will be the home of the update developments, progress, bug reports, and fixes.

Thanks!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Major Software Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:36:15 am »

Thanks Phillip!  It will be exciting to see the new developments and upgrades roll out. 8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:12:04 am »
Looking forward to hearing about the new features, and what changes this will bring.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:58:30 am »
I too am looking forward to seeing what's been in the works, Phillip!
 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:08:32 pm »
 :-*
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 12:47:56 pm »
Sound very cool, Phillip

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 11:49:03 pm »
This is great news!! Your efforts in bettering Bettermost and making it a top-notch place for its' residents are really appreciated!!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?