Author Topic: The Brokeback Cult: The New Testament  (Read 180068 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The Brokeback Cult: The New Testament
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 09:39:19 pm »
[

Oh God Meryl, I just LOVE this picture. This is from one of my most favorite scenes in the movie, when Ennis hugged Jack from behind.

Where did you find this picture? Thanks for posting it! I loved the message too!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 11:34:20 pm »
Oh God Meryl, I just LOVE this picture. This is from one of my most favorite scenes in the movie, when Ennis hugged Jack from behind.

Where did you find this picture? Thanks for posting it! I loved the message too!  :D

Thanks, David!  I found it on a Czech website.  There are lots of nice hi-res pictures there, some of which don't look like they're from the finished film.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 02:13:35 pm »
A Most Auspicious and Felicitous

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to

Jake Gyllenhaal

December 19, 2006

YEEHAW
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 10:20:35 pm »
I've noticed that a Brokeback Prayer (based on the Lord's Prayer) has already been posted here. However, before I even knew that the official Cult existed, I wrote my own Brokeback Prayer. Is there room for both? I hope there may be! Perhaps mine could be for those adherents of the Southern Rite of the Cult (i.e., south of the Equator - the Australian Annex). The rubrical instructions attached to the recitation of the prayer are, appropriately, in red:

Rubric: Commence with ritual shirt tuck and muttered mantra “salright, salright, salright”

The Brokeback Prayer

Our Brokeback
Which art in Wyoming
Hallowed be thine Icy Peaks
Thy Snow-Melt come
Thy will be done on Grand Teton
As it was in the Big Horn Mountains
Give us this day our daily Beans
And lead us not into the Grieving Plain
But deliver us from Childress and Riverton
For thine is the Love between Cowboys
The Love between sweet Jack and Ennis
For ever and ever
Yee-Haw

Rubric: Finish with ritual shirt tuck and muttered mantra salright, salright, salright?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:49:14 pm by Meryl »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »
AH hell, and jus' this evening I was writing me lyrics for the "Jack and Ennis had a Little Lamb" for the guitar, and her you are!

This is absolutly the proper direction I am see this going.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 10:36:05 pm »
Oh I love that, Kerry!  It honors The Mountain and not just Our Boys.  It's a lovely alternate prayer, very much in the spirit of the Brokeback Cult.

It makes me happy to see a new addition to the Cult after many months of inactivity.  Thanks so much!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 10:57:02 pm »
Oh I love that, Kerry!  It honors The Mountain and not just Our Boys.  It's a lovely alternate prayer, very much in the spirit of the Brokeback Cult.

It makes me happy to see a new addition to the Cult after many months of inactivity.  Thanks so much!  :-*

Hi Meryl - I'm glad you liked my Brokeback Prayer. I have only just discovered the Chez Tremblay area of BetterMost and in so doing, came across the Cult. I can very much relate to the rituals described herein. Someone posted a message advising that s/he remembered Jack & Ennis in prayer each day at sunset. I have a similar ritual. Each day at dusk, as the sun is setting in the west, I pour myself a glass of red wine and toast Jack & Ennis with it. I have a photo of them in the dozy embrace in my living room, and I raise my glass to them before taking a sip. No matter how tough a day I've had at work, I always feel better after performing this little ritual.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 11:13:05 pm »
Each day at dusk, as the sun is setting in the west, I pour myself a glass of red wine and toast Jack & Ennis with it. I have a photo of them in the dozy embrace in my living room, and I raise my glass to them before taking a sip. No matter how tough a day I've had at work, I always feel better after performing this little ritual.

I love rituals.  I guess that's why I started the Cult in the first place.  I observe rituals intermittently, but my only real daily ritual is to come to BetterMost without fail.  It's lovely that you have a very personal ritual that you perform every day.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 12:57:43 am »

The rubrical instructs attached to the recitation of the prayer are, approriately, in red:

Rubric: Commence with ritual shirt tuck and muttered mantra “salright, salright, salright”

The Brokeback Prayer

Our Brokeback
Which art in Wyoming
Hallowed be thine Icy Peaks
Thy Snow-Melt come
Thy will be done on Grand Teton
As it was in the Big Horn Mountains
Give us this day our daily Beans
And lead us not into the Grieving Plain
But deliver us from Childress and Riverton
For thine is the Love between Cowboys
The Love between sweet Jack and Ennis
For ever and ever
Yee-Haw

Rubric: Finish with ritual shirt tuck and muttered mantra “salright, salright, salright”

Way to go Kerry!!!   I am a big fan of Meryl and her Brokeback Cult, and I am very glad to see another prayer for Our Boys.  I am glad you found this thread fer sure!  Thanks for posting your prayer Kerry.   :-*

I don't post much anymore, but I do get around, maybe we will meet someday in the new Chat Room, or even better - at the Performance Thread!  As a matter of fact, all of Meryl's blessings have found a spot in the PT early on, so if another spot opens up and invites another prayer will you come over and post it some day?  I can let you know when the right time comes....

Jane
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 01:57:47 am »

Hey High Priestess,   :D

question:  shouldn't Kerry be posting his Brokeback Prayer over on the actual Brokeback Cult thread?

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3653.0/all.html

Isn't this here thread just for the comments???  I'm just sayin'......

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."