Author Topic: The Brokeback Cult: The New Testament  (Read 180112 times)

RodneyFL

Re: The Brokeback Cult: The New Testament
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2007, 11:41:27 pm »
What a lovely experience was mine just now reading thru the Cult thread, discovered only moments ago.  I would love to share with the other members of the community the ritual I go through on a nightly basis.  First of all, my home is a shrine to Brokeback Mountain, with many framed objects on the walls and a number of precious objects behind glass, including Ennis' creel and net, which will be making the trip with me to the BBQ in Colorado.  Since last fall I have concluded nearly every day on the telephone with my dear friend and we recite the Dozy Embrace, some of the loveliest paragraphs in the English language, as a sort of prayer for the whole day.  We take turns reciting to each other.  Hopefully there will be a few moments in the Alberta experience for us to continue our nightly tradition of the Dozy Embrace with a group who truly understands and recognizes its significance.

Let be, AMEN and YEEHAW!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2007, 01:30:07 am »
Hopefully there will be a few moments in the Alberta experience for us to continue our nightly tradition of the Dozy Embrace with a group who truly understands and recognizes its significance.

Let be, AMEN and YEEHAW!

Rodney, I would love that!  What a beautiful way to end the day.  Thanks so much for sharing that here.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2007, 03:31:39 am »
Rodney, I would love that!  What a beautiful way to end the day.  Thanks so much for sharing that here.  :-*

I agree. What a moment of artless, charmed happiness that will be...

Offline iwishiknew

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • A man we see with our eyes and hear with our heart
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 02:58:02 pm »
Do I detect another Gyllenhaalic entering the fold? Welcome, IWISHIKNEW! (Aren't we all so glad that he never learned?)

Today I'm wondering what date it was when Jack said, "FRiend, that's the most you've spoke in two weeks." Cause I would like to ask for that date to be named official Brokie FRiend Day.

One is tempted to say that every day should be Brokie Friend Day. But yes, a special day would be well... special. This is probably OT for this Thread but for me that was when, with those words, Ennis subconsciously sent Jack a dozen long stem red roses and a box of imported chocloates.

I go crazy when I read some people did not see the love developing between them. Holy Naomi Mother of Jake, all it lacked was the heavens opening up!

Grand idea is what I am really trying to say here, Front-Ranger, Friend. Amen and Yee Haw.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2007, 04:23:51 pm »
Grand idea is what I am really trying to say here, Front-Ranger, Friend. Amen and Yee Haw.

Lee always has grand ideas, iwishiknew!  You reminded me of another discussion we had earlier on having an All Brokies Day.  Check out my last post on this thread:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5700.0.html
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2007, 11:43:02 am »
Hey Rodney, when we are out on horse back, at the end of the day, that would be wonderful. It would ba about the time Ennis has to go back to then sheep.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline iwishiknew

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2007, 12:58:42 am »

And just what was that?

Well here in Bettermost, a "Yeehaw" from the heart after an "Amen" is considered proper. Makes us all feel a little closer to Brokeback Mountain.

Offline iwishiknew

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2007, 01:14:09 am »

Truly, truly, heaven must feel like this."
        John Gallagher Jr. quoting from "Spring Awakening" at the Tonys.

RodneyFL

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2007, 11:57:18 pm »
Hey Rodney, when we are out on horse back, at the end of the day, that would be wonderful. It would ba about the time Ennis has to go back to then sheep.

To quote one of our wonderful guys, "I'd be proud to."

Offline iwishiknew

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2007, 01:56:03 pm »

Mrs. Twist: Nothing for me, thanks. But when my Son's finished with his call to Riverton, bring him a loaf and a fish, please. Then he'll feed everyone.

Waiter: Amen and Yeehaw, ma'am.