Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 18469 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Finally...
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2006, 02:19:14 am »
 Wouldn't it be loverly?, July 6, 2006

This is a delightful love story about a short stop and his second baseman, the only fault of which is...the ending is SO happy. Excuse me, but there will be a black man (and probably a white woman as well) in the White House before Major League Baseball accepts homosexuiality among its own. Lefcourt, writing in 1992, thought, well, maybe if I set the story in 1998 (which he does!)-maybe...it could happen then. Well, it's 2006, and it hasn't happened yet. Give it another 30 years. MLB..er, SUCKS!

Review posted on amazon.com by me.

"I dropped like a plum line from Wyoming to Juarez."
"No. Jack. A plum line is. A plum lines goes down 3-D You drop it off the top of a building, and it heads for the sidewalk. It goes towasrd the center of the earth."
"I know what a plum line is."

--new story.

Keep on truckin'
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Finally...
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2006, 06:41:29 pm »
I hadn't seen that one, Diane. It's beautiful....and the words, damn.   "...keep breathin' cause I'm not leavin' you anymore..."   All the words fit the story so well. Thank you for posting the link.

I'm interested in hearing what your co-workers have to say after they see the movie.

Fern - I'm so glad you saw it! Isn't it wonderful? WOW! I know that song wasn't even remotely written for the film, but it fits perfectly. I went out and bought the Nickleback CD because it reminds me of that video! SIGH! I'll let you know what my co-workers think!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."