Author Topic: More Tasty Pics of Roland - Bryan's contribution  (Read 30749 times)

injest

Re: More Tasty Pics of Roland - Bryan's contribution
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2007, 05:47:15 pm »
awww!! I want more!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: More Tasty Pics of Roland
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2008, 07:10:17 pm »
I did something a little crazy this past month, cause I'm retiring at the end of March.

There's this play L'écho d'un peuple http://echodunpeuple.ca/ being performed in Casselman for the past 5 years. It's a high class performance, using as many as 250 performers on stage, mostly volunteers, and the show only happens in the summertime in an open air theatre. They're hoping to raise 200 000$ in donations and if they do, they'll be able to get a governmental grant of equal value. Play's about the history of the French in North America, including Ontario - it was written by two (fairly locally well know) franco-ontariens.

Anyways ... I did a fundraiser for the play at our little (146 kids) school. Told em if they brought in an average of 1$ per student, I would shave off the hair off my head. they did, and so, on Wednesday, I did

This is this morning's photos - I haven't yet received the collection of pics as the deed was getting done

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 07:14:32 pm »
Oh & yea ...

I've grown a beard over the March Break - just for the hell of it

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 07:18:45 pm »
Oh, and the awful painting in the background is something I tried to do about 30 years ago.

My nephew use to say "Look at the airplane disappearing behind the trees." He had to explain himself (do I?)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »

injest

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2008, 07:26:23 pm »
HEE HEE!!

Go Roland!!

you so cute!

and I dont' understand about the plane...

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2008, 07:32:02 pm »
Tu es beau!!

J'aime Casselman !!

J'ai demeuré à Hawkesbury! Tu connais?

Good retirement! Now, you will be soon ONLY a stud??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2008, 07:34:28 pm »
HEE HEE!!

Go Roland!!

you so cute!

and I dont' understand about the plane...

About an inch away from the top of my head, in the last picture (about an inch away from the frame (left side)), there's a branch sticking out from the snow heavy tree. It's in the shape of a plane - see it now? - Raymond had to show it by getting real close to the picture and point to that branch. It's a disappearing airplane cause hardly any of us ever saw it, until it was pointed out to us.

injest

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2008, 07:36:29 pm »
About an inch away from the top of my head, in the last picture (about an inch away from the frame (left side)), there's a branch sticking out from the snow heavy tree. It's in the shape of a plane - see it now? - Raymond had to show it by getting real close to the picture and point to that branch. It's a disappearing airplane cause hardly any of us ever saw it, until it was pointed out to us.

oh good grief!! he has a good eye! that is small...but it DOES look like a plane!  :laugh:

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2008, 07:38:14 pm »
Tu es beau!!

J'aime Casselman !!

J'ai demeuré à Hawkesbury! Tu connais?

Good retirement! Now, you will be soon ONLY a stud??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Pas très bien, mais quand j'ai fait mes études supérieures à l'Université d'Ottawa, j'ai donner des cours de piano dans une petite ville près de la capitale. C'était peut-être à Hawkesbury.