Author Topic: Dreaming by Cathalin  (Read 44924 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:45 pm »
I totally recommend BelgianBoy.  I believe I have read all of his fics.  he is one of my all-time favoites!  Superb!

Gotta check this dude out!  Is he on Livejournal or fanfic.net?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 11:28:17 pm »
Gotta check this dude out!  Is he on Livejournal or fanfic.net?

I believe BelgianBoy has fic posted at both LJ and Fanfic.net.  I think the bulk of his work is at LJ under Brokebackslah/I ache for you.  This may not be totally accurate, and I'll try to find the links and post them here.  I'll be interested to see if He has written anything else. :)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Writings by Belgianboy on Live Journal
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 11:55:43 pm »
Hello all:

I was asked by our own dear Milli to put this here, but I am also going to study the forum for a little minute, and create a separate thread for Belgianboy if this seems appropriate.....   In the meantime, here are the links to his excellent stories, these are the Real Deal  people, about our beloved Jack and Ennis, about the time they truly were together!!

This Link leads to his stories about our boys' summer up on Brokeback,  "Growing Up," "First Night," "Second Night," "Ennis Delivers," "Good Taste," "Doubletime" and "Initiation":

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/1318.html

then we have more, the Reunion, in 12 parts!

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/3052.html

That's about it unfotunately, although there are just a couple of one-parters, here are the links:

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/956.html

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/634.html

Enjoy!   :D ;D

Jane
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 12:48:21 am »
Hello all:

I was asked by our own dear Milli to put this here, but I am also going to study the forum for a little minute, and create a separate thread for Belgianboy if this seems appropriate.....   In the meantime, here are the links to his excellent stories, these are the Real Deal  people, about our beloved Jack and Ennis, about the time they truly were together!!

This Link leads to his stories about our boys' summer up on Brokeback,  "Growing Up," "First Night," "Second Night," "Ennis Delivers," "Good Taste," "Doubletime" and "Initiation":

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/1318.html

then we have more, the Reunion, in 12 parts!

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/3052.html

That's about it unfotunately, although there are just a couple of one-parters, here are the links:

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/956.html

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/634.html

Enjoy!   :D ;D

Jane

Wow!  Thanks for savin' me the trouble! :)  I think a thread devoted to BelgianBoy would be great.  Thanks again for posting the links! ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 07:08:17 am »
Hi Melissa (Melissa is right, isn't it?)
LOL, I've read all those you mentioned, too. And liked them all . Based on your list, I would recommend to you Human Interest and it's sequel Two Crows Joy by madlori. There's a thread about it here on the Bettermost fanfiction board.

And I have good news for you: maidenofthsea, author of For a little while and Some Silver Lining,  has started the third part of her story, called "Over The Bridge". So far there are three chapters. I'll start a new topic with links to the stories so that others can see it, too.

Yep, it's Melissa!  :D
I don't really like the premise of HI and TCJ, I think I always look for stories that stick as close to the movie/book as possible. And yes, I have started Over the bridge! Didn't you all love the ending of Some Silver Lining? It was so clever!

I don't really like BB's writing, I started reading one of this stories and couldn't finish it, I cannot explain why!!!! Is it because he's a man????? ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 11:46:35 am »
Jane ~  Cheers for posting that.  I think it is a great idea to start a thread for BelgianBoy's stuff!  :)

Ok..some DREAMING SPOILERS follow............

I just finished reading Chapter 13 and 14 last night, and by the time I got to the end of Chapter 14,  I was dying to see Jack get his ass from Childress to Lightnin Flat to be with Ennis.  I thought it was very interesting that Jack was the one giving up at that point.   Quite the role reversal, Ennis was pleading .. "Please don't tell me to leave" (breaking my heart  :'( ) and Jack going "My mind is made up, you have to go" .. It's Jack's turn to feel the deep fear for the men wielding tire-irons, that was quite the interesting twist.

I also loved reading about Francine and Alma's visit!  That was so sweet and heartwarming .. even sourpuss Pa Twist managed to be a little useful!  ;)

Any thoughts, comments?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 02:22:03 pm »
Jane ~  Cheers for posting that.  I think it is a great idea to start a thread for BelgianBoy's stuff!  :)

Ok..some DREAMING SPOILERS follow............

I just finished reading Chapter 13 and 14 last night, and by the time I got to the end of Chapter 14,  I was dying to see Jack get his ass from Childress to Lightnin Flat to be with Ennis.  I thought it was very interesting that Jack was the one giving up at that point.   Quite the role reversal, Ennis was pleading .. "Please don't tell me to leave" (breaking my heart  :'( ) and Jack going "My mind is made up, you have to go" .. It's Jack's turn to feel the deep fear for the men wielding tire-irons, that was quite the interesting twist.

I also loved reading about Francine and Alma's visit!  That was so sweet and heartwarming .. even sourpuss Pa Twist managed to be a little useful!  ;)

Any thoughts, comments?

I also liked the fact that Mr. Twist finally showed some humanity, and it took a visit from Ennis' girls to bring out his tender side.  Perhaps Old man Twist would have been a better parent to females?  I'm aching to find out how Ennis is going to convince Jack to let him stay.  I think I have an idea! ::)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 06:16:52 pm »
Quite the role reversal, Ennis was pleading .. "Please don't tell me to leave" (breaking my heart   ) and Jack going "My mind is made up, you have to go" ..

This broke my heart too, it was unexpected in so many ways and I love how much Ennis has come to love the idea of him and Jack living in that little house.  I don't think I could handle it if Jack decides not to stay with him... and I definitely don't think Ennis could at that point  :'(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
***S P O I L E R S *** Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 12:36:02 am »
yeah, well I still swear by the first half of chapter 12! ;) ;D ;D

Spoilers for Dreaming Chapters 13 and 14 below...

l
 v
 l
 v
 l
 v
 v
 v
 v
 v

Chapter 13 and 14 brought me down a little, and sad to say that there are only two chapters left to come, and then an epilogue.  I thoulght it was sweet how Jack phoned from the road, and was oh so scared that Ennis was gonna pack it in and he was so vulnerable to his Ma, and she in turn was so sweet to Ennis.   :-*  That part was good.  But the twist after that, on Jack's part, hmmm,  I hope things torque back pretty damn quick!

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 01:40:45 am »
Re: Chapter 12:

I was panting through the entire love scene at Devil's tower .. sweating like a pig I was,  :laugh: but i loved every dripping ounce of it!  Phew...
I read it again few days ago.. and again another time before that.. ;)