Author Topic: My Husband has Cancer  (Read 11355 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: My Husband has Cancer
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 11:03:39 am »
Sue, I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for both of you. I have sometimes followed your blog. Not always, but often enogh to know what kind of man Bob is and how much you love each other. You two hare lucky to have each other.
I'm glad to hear that the medics are now successful to keep the pain at bay.

I'm so sorry that this happens to you. I'm holding Bob and you in my thoughts. (((Bob+Sue)))

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 04:00:00 pm »
Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's illness. It's obvious you and your husband are very devoted to each other. As others have said, your courage and positive attitude despite these difficult circumstances is inspirational.

I'm glad your husband is no longer in pain and can be at home with his family. I wish you both many more good moments together.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 07:34:28 am »
Thank you once again everyone for your good wishes and encouragement. Even though I do not thank you separately, please know, that every message has been read individually and each one has given me comfort and support.

We are finally HOME, today Thursday we got out of the hospital at 12 oclock then travelled by car the three hour trip home. They would have flown Bob, but he preferred to come in the car, and he handled it without any pain or discomfort. We set up pillows on the back seat and he slept most of the way.

It is so good to hear him say he has NO pain. Of course that is because of the medication which comes from a patch on his skin. We left the hospital with 5 bags full of medication. Both Paul and I have been taught how to give injections, if Bob needs any extra pain relief, or he also has a lozenger type thing that he can suck that emits pain medication as well.

We arrived home and all ready found that we have had a delivery of equipment, that Bob may need. A walker, a wheel chair and seats for the toilet and shower. He doesn't need any of them yet, except the walker to give him some support when he walks.

So dam good to be home. We left here on 1st September, thinking we would only be away for 2 days, so I can tell you our soft comfortable bed is looking better every minute and Im sure we will sleep well tonight.

We are both content, and Bob is looking and feeling good so we will be making the most of this for as long as we have it. He has a strong constitution and has a positive attitude so we are in a good place to fight what we have to fight.

Thank you again for your thoughts....keep those positive vibes coming. xxxxx
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 11:34:14 am »
Oh, I'm so glad he's home!

Sending all the vibes I have to you!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 11:40:27 am »
Welcome home you two.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 12:36:17 pm »
What Chuckie and Del said: good you're home now.

{{{Sue}}}
{{{Bob}}}

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 12:38:40 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's illness. My thoughts are with the both of you.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 02:43:23 pm »
Welcome home Sue and Bob, welcome home.  :-* :-*

Now a visit form Doggy Jake would cheer Bob up too, yes? Do you still have the contact details of the lady?

And Jai and Logan and your granddaughter too.. I bet the 3 of them have missed you guys terribly.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 12:02:09 am »
Welcome home to you both,nothing feels like your own bed.

If ever anyone ever needs affirmation as to why so many of us fell in love with a film and each in our own time found our way here. The reason is plain to see, we do all have struggles and trials, but where else would you find such love from all over the world. It is  plain to see that every word is written from people's hearts,It actually gives me goose bumps to see such a genuine outporing of love for you and Bob.
I know it will give you strength, just as it has me in some very bleak moments. I also know that I could not imagine a more feisty lady to have in my corner than you. My love to you both and know you are being sent positive vibes from the orange state. :)
BTW what do doctor's know, look at what my shrink did to me,bloody prat is he ever going to get a tongue lashing on Monday  !! I am still pissed that I had 4 hunky paramedics attending to me and I can't recall a second, what a bloody waste, sigh.  :)
Not only that, I have developed a taste for Abba, OMG I am listening to them now on my mp3 player and what is worse I am singing and tapping my feet. Bloody hell, next I will be getting me some shiny pants and a curly perm!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 12:37:39 am »
Sue, I saw this a couple of days ago and ever since I've been trying to figure out what to say to you. Words fail me. :'(

I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that both you and your husband will be in my constant prayers. :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.