Author Topic: For a little while, Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge by maidenofthesea  (Read 50263 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Another fanfic I enjoy:

For A Little While
Some Silver Lining
Over The Bridge

They belong together and are all written by the same author: maidenofthesea. FALW and SSL are complete, OTB just started and has three chapters yet.

Synopsis respectivaly author's note to the first one, For A Little While:

I was inspired by Ennis' comment concerning the good time they had that one year at Don Wroe's cabin. That one year being 1980 in my world, the year chosen at random since no year was mentioned in either the book nor the movie.

Here is the link to the first chapter of For A Little While:

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/48852.html

And here's link to the last chapter of For A Little While. I post this link because it contains links to all chapters of FALW and I didn't find them on maidenofthesea's journal page.

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/145084.html

At maidenofthesea's journal you can find the links to all chapters of Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge:
http://maidenofthesea.livejournal.com/

And especially for Melissa, here is the first chapter of Over The Bridge:

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/421340.html

For all others, please read For A Little While at first, if you haven't already.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
I wanted to second this recommendation.... This is also a very good fic, IMO particularly For a Little While.  I won't spoil it for anyone, but there is one particular moment that absolutley made me gasp and made my heart skip a few beats... I still think about it occasionally out of nowhere.  It's a good one!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

I wanted to second this recommendation.... This is also a very good fic, IMO particularly For a Little While.  I won't spoil it for anyone, but there is one particular moment that absolutley made me gasp and made my heart skip a few beats... I still think about it occasionally out of nowhere.  It's a good one!

I think I know which moment you mean, I think I missed my stop on the tram to work!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
Chapter 4 of Over the Bridge is up.  You can access it on maidenofthesea's livejournal.

http://maidenofthesea.livejournal.com/

I thought all of the 'developments' were fascinating.

Enjoy.
 ;D
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
I really enjoyed this chapter too... I thought the way she handled Jack's reaction to the particular situation was very well done! I can't wait for the next update...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

And especially for Melissa, here is the first chapter of Over The Bridge:

;) Thanks, I read the first three this weekend, I enjoyed it!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Chapter 8 from OTB is up:

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/651221.html#cutid1

This one ends with a little cliffhanger. No angst, but a curiosity-cliff  :)

Enjoy  ;D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Chrissi, I really like your recommendations!  Thanks for pointing us in the direction of these good stories!
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Chrissi, I really like your recommendations!  Thanks for pointing us in the direction of these good stories!
 :)

Wow, thanks. I'm glad you like my recommendations.

This time it was a long wait, but chapter 9 from OTB is finally up:

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/690039.html#cutid1

Enjoy!  :)

mvansand76

Has anybody read her new AU Nobody's Angel yet? It's up to 5 chapters now.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Has anybody read her new AU Nobody's Angel yet? It's up to 5 chapters now.

I am!

I'm really enjoying it. I loved her other stories, but didn't make the connection that it was the same author - dur!

Karen

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
I am reading Nobody's Angel, and I love it! It's in my top three right now, along with The Laramie Saga and Shades of Grey.  I haven't read her earlier stories yet, although if they are anywhere near as good as Nobody's Angel, I will move them to the top of my must-read list!

I'm always amazed at the original ideas that BBM writers come up with.  I loved The Outsiders when I was a kid, but never would have thought to base a BBM story in that world.  But it works!  I'm going to reread the book while waiting for updates to Nobody's Angel.

I was wondering if Nobody's Angel should have its own thread, or if we should just discuss it here.  It's a totally different AU than the world of For a Little While, Some Silver Lining, and Over the Bridge.  Not sure of the preferred way to handle this.

What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

mvansand76

I was wondering if Nobody's Angel should have its own thread, or if we should just discuss it here.  It's a totally different AU than the world of For a Little While, Some Silver Lining, and Over the Bridge.  Not sure of the preferred way to handle this.

I think it should have a seperate thread!  :)

I had to get used to the story, but I like it now, I am wondering when she will be updating...

Offline blacktears

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Hudson Heartbreak
Wasn't Chapter 6 posted?
Proud Supporter, Writer, and Reader of RPS

mvansand76

Wasn't Chapter 6 posted?

Was it? Oh, I will have to take a look! I don't check often... Thanks... :-*

karen1129

I am reading Nobody's Angel, and I love it! It's in my top three right now, along with The Laramie Saga and Shades of Grey.  I haven't read her earlier stories yet, although if they are anywhere near as good as Nobody's Angel, I will move them to the top of my must-read list!

I'm always amazed at the original ideas that BBM writers come up with.  I loved The Outsiders when I was a kid, but never would have thought to base a BBM story in that world.  But it works!  I'm going to reread the book while waiting for updates to Nobody's Angel.

You know, I wasn't sure I would like Nobody Angel, and it took me the 2nd
chapter to get hooked....  but hooked I am.
I would read anything she writes. 
Her au's are soooooo good.  Must reads.
I've read them all multiple times !

Karen

mvansand76

You know, I wasn't sure I would like Nobody Angel, and it took me the 2nd
chapter to get hooked....  but hooked I am.
I would read anything she writes. 
Her au's are soooooo good.  Must reads.
I've read them all multiple times !

Karen

I am hooked too, especially after chapter 6, that was so good, I love how she works out the characters and how Jack and Ennis in this story interact... I love how Jack is pulling Ennis into finding out more about literature and art. He cares so much.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 07:16:56 am by mvansand76 »

karen1129

I am hooked to, especially after chapter 6, that was so good, I love how she works out the characters and how Jack and Ennis in this story interact... I love how Jack is pulling Ennis into finding out more about literature and art. He cares so much.

Yes he does.  I love young Ennis and Jack.  I feel so sorry for Ennis in this story.
He has a hard life, just like Ennis of BBM.  I think this one is worse though.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Over The Bridge is completed today. Here's the link to the last chapter and epilogue:

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/794485.html#cutid1

I'll miss this story, but think the timing and ending are well-done.

Offline August7th

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Hi --

Maidenofthesea's Live Journal has been deleted. Does anyone have copies of these works that they'd be willing to share? They sound really interesting.

Thanks!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
same goes for me. If anyone has copies, please share :-*

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
August, PM me your email, and I'll send them to you.

Monika, I'll send them right away.
Something to read inbetween the herring and the ham....   ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
August, PM me your email, and I'll send them to you.

Monika, I'll send them right away.
Something to read inbetween the herring and the ham....   ;D
thanks, Sonja!

I´m sick at the moment. The result of too much work and too little sleep I think. I need something to distract me. Fan fiction will do just fiine :)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
Aawww Monika.....   :(

Sorry you're sick. Hope you'll be able to enjoy the holidays anyway!

Try to rest, and sleep as much as you can.   :-*

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
Aawww Monika.....   :(

Sorry you're sick. Hope you'll be able to enjoy the holidays anyway!

Try to rest, and sleep as much as you can.   :-*
thanks, Sonja. Sleeping and resting are exactly what I´m gonna try to do. And eat some twist chocolate ;D

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork

Offline conni_h

• Don't Say Much
For a little while, Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge by maidenofthesea
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 06:27:10 am »
Hi --

please send a copy of
For a little while, Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge by maidenoftheseato.

My e-mail: [email protected].

You would make my day, even my year. :)

Thanks!

Conni

Offline luvenck

• Don't Say Much

Do you have a copy of this story and was it ever finished???  The only stories of Maiden's that I have is "For A Little While", "Some Silver Lining", and "White Flowers". 

Offline luvenck

• Don't Say Much

Do you have a copy of this story and was it ever finished???  The only stories of Maiden's that I have is "For A Little While", "Some Silver Lining", and "White Flowers".    Is "Over the Bridge"  part of that trilogy?

My email address is: 
[email protected]  if you could be so kind to let me know...

Thanks much,
Cat

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Do you have a copy of this story and was it ever finished???  The only stories of Maiden's that I have is "For A Little While", "Some Silver Lining", and "White Flowers".    Is "Over the Bridge"  part of that trilogy?

My email address is: 
[email protected]  if you could be so kind to let me know...

Thanks much,
Cat

Yes, OTB is the third part of the trilogy. I have, in chronological order:
FALW
SSL
OTB

And three one-shots from the same universe, also chronologically:
So Many Rivers
Wild Flowers
Reception

Since you already have FALW and SSL, I will send you OTB and the three one shots, which I've saved in one folder. I'll send them as PDFs.

Check your email! :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Sent! Let me know if everything worked. :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
Do you have a copy of this story and was it ever finished???  The only stories of Maiden's that I have is "For A Little While", "Some Silver Lining", and "White Flowers". 
Hi, I have some of her stories but not Some Silver Lining and White Flowers. Do you think you could mail them to me? ([email protected])

I´m reading For A Little While at the moment

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator

FALW
SSL
OTB

So Many Rivers
Wild Flowers
Reception

Since you already have FALW and SSL, I will send you OTB and the three one shots, which I've saved in one folder. I'll send them as PDFs.

I had no idea it was a triology. Oh boy, I got a whole lot of reading to do since I´ve just only started on FALW :) Do you think you have time to mail me the other two parts of the triology plus the extras?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I had no idea it was a triology. Oh boy, I got a whole lot of reading to do since I´ve just only started on FALW :) Do you think you have time to mail me the other two parts of the triology plus the extras?

I'm online and will send them right now. :-*

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
I'm online and will send them right now. :-*
aaaaaaw thank you :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
aaaaaaw thank you :-*

You're very welcome. :)

Offline beeceexx

• Don't Say Much
Re: For a little while, Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge by maidenofthesea
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 08:02:21 am »
Hi I know I'm very late to this party but would I be able to get the stories sent to me too? just discovered brokeback fiction and i'm sad about how many aren't available anymore
 - my email - [email protected]

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
Re: For a little while, Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge by maidenofthesea
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »
Hi I know I'm very late to this party but would I be able to get the stories sent to me too? just discovered brokeback fiction and i'm sad about how many aren't available anymore
 - my email - [email protected]
I´ll send it to you. And if you have any more requests, pm me. I have most stories.

Offline kitty

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Old Brokeback Got Me Good
    • Livejournal

FALW
SSL
OTB

So Many Rivers
Wild Flowers
Reception

I have the main trilogy and White Flowers, could somebody send me So Many Rivers and Reception, please? :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I have the main trilogy and White Flowers, could somebody send me So Many Rivers and Reception, please? :)

Will do.

ETA: Done. Hope it'll work. If not, let me know.

Offline madicel

• Don't Say Much
Hello.I apologize if i cause any trouble.I am a new member here - not new in the BBM fic reading though- and I just saw this post. I was wondering if any of you happen to have another story of maidenofthesea called "Able Fires". I am looking for this story for a very long time and i would be gratefull if someone could share it with me. Sorry for my bad english and thank you.

Offline tyhyin

• Don't Say Much
Could somebody send me the For a Little While, Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge Trilogy. I thought I had them saved but I can't find them now.

My email is [email protected]

Much obliged,
tyhyin

Offline kitty

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Old Brokeback Got Me Good
    • Livejournal
Could somebody send me the For a Little While, Some Silver Lining and Over The Bridge Trilogy. I thought I had them saved but I can't find them now.

Much obliged,
tyhyin

I'll do it, and it will be in 3 separate emails because I've divided the chapters into individual documents ;) 

Offline greyrosesinjune

• Don't Say Much
Hi, could I also have 'For a Little While', 'Some Silver Lining' and 'Over The Bridge' trilogy? I'm new to the fandom and I'm looking for good fics to read. Your kindness is much appreciated!