Author Topic: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 17 up!  (Read 48197 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 15 up!
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2006, 01:59:09 pm »
Thanks  ;D

I'll tell you what, I've been around this place way too long to have just now reached 1,000  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2006, 11:22:46 am »
oh, and I've just realized I've reached 1,000 posts  :D  ::)

Oh - a belated congratulations!

(I'm sad to hear your almost done with your story, but of course I'm looking forward to the updates...  I'm one of those people that always wishes the stories would go on forever...  :))
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2006, 07:55:41 pm »
Thanks for the congrats!  :D

I'm the same way about stories I love, I want the authors to never stop writing them! Who knows, maybe after all my grad school stuff is over and I have more time I'll try out a sequel... I can't promise anything, but it could happen  :)

Anyway, hopefully the new chapter will be up tonight... it's going slowly because I'm behind on just about everything in my life right now because of how long I was sick, but I've got a huge chunk of it written.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2006, 08:01:28 pm »

Anyway, hopefully the new chapter will be up tonight...

*Squeeeeeeee* Something to look forward to when I wake up!  :)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2006, 09:23:23 pm »
I'll try not to let you down June  :-*

Anyone want a teaser??  ::)

“Damn, Ennis,” Jack said, he shook his head. “Know what this means, don’t ya? We’re really makin’ a go of it.”

“Guess so.”

“It’s gonna be real good, you’ll see. Finally get that sweet life, you and me.”

“Ain’t gonna be that easy. Ain’t figured nothin’ out yet.”

“I know it.”

“Shit.”

“What?”

“Trouble.”

Ennis gestured with his chin out the windshield and Jack turned to look. Three pick-ups lined up in a row, bumper to bumper across the road, blocking the way. Men, probably five by Jack’s count, milled about, looking lively at the sight of the truck making its way toward them. Not one of them had a gun, a few baseball bats, some wrenches, a tire iron. Jack saw his dad off to the side, leaning against the front bumper, his face stern.

“Fuck,” Jack said. “Turn around Ennis.”

“Can’t,” Ennis said.

Jack turned and saw that more trucks had blocked their way out. Fear raced through his body, thumping in his chest and his temples, making him dizzy. Ennis gripped the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white.

“Fuck,” Jack said again.

Bobby woke. “What’s goin’ on, Daddy?”

“Nothin’, Bobby,” Jack said. He looked at Ennis, his face full of “what now”, Ennis’ face full of something. But what Jack wasn’t sure. He knew Ennis’ mind had probably only registered one thing, that one tire iron out of the whole group of men and weapons. That tire iron had finally come for him. “It’ll be all right,” he said.

Ennis nodded.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2006, 11:29:11 pm »
who needs a teaser when you have the real deal right here???  ;)

Chapter 16 http://minchout.livejournal.com/13785.html

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 16 up!
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2006, 05:49:24 am »
GOOD CHAPTER MANDY!  ;D  My heart was beating so fast when they were surrounded.  That John Twist is an evil man telling that lie and setting those men out to kill his own son.  But I was so proud...Jack stood up to them, and to his Daddy.  Oh WOW.  I was so touched when Ennis told Jack he was the strongest person he knew.  So good!  I swear I'm not being greedy but I hope it's not too long before we get the rest.....but no pressure  :-*
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline littleguitar

Re: That Little Bit of Hope, Chapter 16 up!
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2006, 10:36:42 am »
Thanks Dottie!! I think I really needed a proud of Jack moment... I don't know, this chapter had me really worried (melodrama, unbelievability...) but everyone seems to have liked it! I'm glad you did  :D

And Mel better be out there somewhere, I wrote this chapter just for her  ;)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2006, 11:06:43 am »
who needs a teaser when you have the real deal right here???  ;)

Chapter 16 http://minchout.livejournal.com/13785.html

spoiler

about to say something stupid, but i usually don't let that stop me...

maybe, in a way, it's good that the 'tire iron' came for them - thus they've faced it and survived, so now it's not looming over their heads.  (of course, they're not 'safe' yet, I realize)
oh well - just looking for a silver lining.

great chapter mandy!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2006, 06:44:32 pm »
spoiler

about to say something stupid, but i usually don't let that stop me...

maybe, in a way, it's good that the 'tire iron' came for them - thus they've faced it and survived, so now it's not looming over their heads.  (of course, they're not 'safe' yet, I realize)
oh well - just looking for a silver lining.

great chapter mandy!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it  :)

And that isn't stupid... that makes sense to me  :-*