Author Topic: Pope Joan  (Read 9828 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Pope Joan
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 04:26:52 pm »
If these are Bodice Rippers, how come it's the guy's clothes that are always in tatters?  (Not that I mind, you understand!  ;D)

:laugh: :laugh:

I was about to say, what do you care whose bodice is or isn't ripped?  ;)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 06:01:16 pm »
Fabio was famous for his long, flowing locks . . . . . . and for another couple of things too!  :o

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 03:15:28 am »
Looks interesting. David Wenham is an Australian actor, born and raised in the inner-Sydney suburb of Marrickville, which is close to where I live. Some years ago he was in a wank of a play called "Art" at the Theatre Royal in Sydney. We had good seats close to the stage. It was sooooooo booooooring, I soon fell fast asleep. I woke with a start to find Wenham glowering hatefully at me from the nearby stage. I was assured by my companion that I wasn't snoring!  :o   :laugh:

I liked him in Sea Change too, even though they did blond him up for the role of Diver Dan. He's really quite a carrot-top in real life.

Hey Kerry I remembered your comment and while I was watching the Lord of the Rings Extras, Wenham was interviewed with some comments and yes, he's quite the red head. 

:-* :-* [drool]  I have a thing for redheads. 

I had already loved him as Faramir

and some other roles.

He's got quite the CV

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 02:02:03 am »
OK, finished the book Pope Joan and was underwhelmed.

Good book, easy read, don't get me wrong.  Kept me turning the pages and thankfully, it wasn't a bodice-ripping soap opera in the grandest sense that you'd expect knowing how the Pope was unmasked, but her character did seem a little lame.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

She was in control of her own destiny which makes things less like a tragedy and more like the results of stubborn stupidity.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 02:55:22 am »
:-* :-* [drool]  I have a thing for redheads. 

Redheads are hot. ...  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.