Author Topic: A whole new level of insanity...  (Read 2778 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
A whole new level of insanity...
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:35:51 am »
OK, so today I was at my local Publix getting stuff for the dinner I'm making for my husband and some friends tonight, I'm in the frozen veggies section looking for this green/wax beans in sauce combination thingy I like to steam as a side dish, and I see a product called "Beans With a Twist."  And I think, "Well, I *gotta* have that."  And I grab one and put it in my cart.  I may or may not ever actually eat them.

I ask you: should I seriously consider therapy?
No more beans!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A whole new level of insanity...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 11:44:14 am »
Therapy? I think not...unless you can get a group rate and we'll all go!

If only big business knew how many people are out there making choices about what they will spend their money on based on the same criteria that you used to buy "Beans with a Twist"... :D :D :D 

Imagine what commercials would look like if they were based on finding a connection between a product and Brokeback Mountain. Or the creative names they would come up with. Ha!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 01:39:36 pm »
Sh*t - I do stuff like that all the time!  :)  You are just making us all feel more normal by posting that, Barb.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 03:23:47 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Barb, that's great. Beans With a Twist  :laugh: I would have bought them, too.
No, you're not insane, you don't need therapy (unless you ask a non-Brokie, that is).

I was at my in-laws place this week and my mother-in-law had made lunch. And there they were: beans. I grinned from one ear to the other.
Never again I'll be able to eat, see or think of beans the way I did before BBM.
And it's not only the beans: camping trips, fishing, sheep and a few other things will never be the same again.

This is how beans mostly look like in Germany. Different from the content of a BetterMost tin.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 04:04:31 pm »
Those are my favorite kind of beans.  I like 'em whole like that.  I usually buy fresh or frozen whole ones and steam them then drizzle a sort of garlic butter concoction on them.  The Beans With a Twist were whole green and waxed beans with red peppers and cranberries in a garlic butter sauce.   Some day when I'm feeling festive and my main dish isn't particularly colorful, I expect I'll try them.
No more beans!

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:29:40 pm »
You are not alone.  I was shopping last week for one of those mundane life purchases, a large outside trash can.  I had my choice of several brand names.  Needless to say, I bought the one called Roughneck.   :)

Worse yet, I need to get new numeric decals to stick on my outside mailbox.  I found myself lamenting that my house number is not 17. 

This is an illness, right?!   ;)
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 05:35:40 pm »
You mean covering my wedding portrait with the "dozy embrace" is not normal?

Hmmm... no wonder John does this   ::)  alot.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:38:37 pm by DeeDee »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Momof2

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • BLISS
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 05:38:57 pm »
You mean covering my wedding portrait with the "dozy embrace" is not normal?

That is so funny!!! I think it is quite normal.  ha!! ha!!
I wish I knew how to quit you.