Author Topic: Just the facts...  (Read 3566 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Just the facts...
« on: August 21, 2006, 08:12:57 am »
Yes, it's time again for another survey, and Victoria's posting of Jake's from IHJ gave me just the inspiration I needed.  Run wild, run free.  (And feel free, of course, not to answer some of them if you're not inclined.)

The Facts

Birth Name:  Barbara Lynn... something
Birthplace:  Rochester, New York
Hair:  Dark Blonde
Eye Color:  Green/Hazel
Height:  5'7"
Astrology Sign:  Pisces
Heritage:  I'm of Dutch and Irish descent
Hobbies:  Watching and talking about movies, mostly, and I dabble in politics
Favorite Color:  Slate blue
Pets:  None right now, but I had two German Shepherds, Layla and Beauty, for many years
Claim to Fame:  Well, I met Ralph Fiennes once.  ;)  Other than that, I guess I'm still waiting for my 15 minutes.
Special Talent(s):  I have a freakish sponge memory.  I can remember every phone number and address, including zip code, I've ever had, the full names of everyone I've ever known, and all manner of obscure actors' and directors' names. 

Family

Mother:  Ann
Father:  Richard
Brother:  Jay
Brother:  Andy
Husband:  Ed
Son:  Will - 4 1/2 years old

Education

Bachelor of Arts from SUNY
Graduated from high school in 1983

Firsts

First crush:  Teddy H.  We were four years old.
First celebrity crush:  Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky on Starsky and Hutch)
First kiss:  The summer after 7th grade, behind a gas station with a 17-year-old named Frank (who wasn't a very good kisser - way too much tongue - blech)
First car:  A 1982 powder blue Volvo 242 DL - had it for 10 years and finally gave it to charity when it had 200,000+ miles on it
First love:  My high school boyfriend Mark
First pets:  My Mom bred Dachshunds at one point, and we had four - a mother and three of her puppies we couldn't find homes for.  We also had a parakeet named George and three cats named Muffin, Sam and Dinky (nice, huh?) during that time.  It was pretty much a menagerie.
First job:  The summer after my freshman year of college, I was a cashier and then a Customer Service desk representative at a Chase-Pitkin, which was kind of a precursor to Home Depot.  And I was an extraordinarily good cashier.  ;)  People especially liked the prices I made up when their purchases didn't scan.  They were always in their favor.  They praised me so much to the management, I got promoted after one month.

Favorites

Movie:  Well, duh.
Music:  I like to rock.  Right now, Green Day is my favorite way to do that.  But I love all sorts of rock bands, mostly "classic."
Television:  The only shows I watch are "Lost" and lately "Weeds"
Actors:  Jake and Heath, of course.  And Ralph Fiennes, Steve Buscemi, William H. Macy, Peter Sarsgaard, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, Judi Dench, Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, Gary Cooper, Cary Grant
Food:  Pasta in all its various forms
Ice Cream Flavor:  Butter pecan
Season:  Autumn
City:  London 
Sound:  Rain
Word:  Heart
Song:  Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 09:34:47 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Just the facts...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:20:06 pm »
Yes, it's time again for another survey, and Victoria's posting of Jake's from IHJ gave me just the inspiration I needed.  Run wild, run free.  (And feel free, of course, not to answer some of them if you're not inclined.)

The Facts

Birth Name:  Barbara Lynn Zwitzer
Birth date:  March 17, 1965
Birthplace:  Rochester, New York

BTW, just in case you didn't know, the home of BetterMost (my house) is sitting in the town of Brighton (Elmwood Avenue to be specific) in Rochester, New York.  And I drive by Canandaigua Academy every Friday via Sand Hill Road as I head the back way to the Canandaigua Wegmans and other stores. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 01:49:04 pm »
BTW, just in case you didn't know, the home of BetterMost (my house) is sitting in the town of Brighton (Elmwood Avenue to be specific) in Rochester, New York.  And I drive by Canandaigua Academy every Friday via Sand Hill Road as I head the back way to the Canandaigua Wegmans and other stores.

Cool!  My mom used to live not too far from Elmwood Avenue.  I didn't get to go to that particular incarnation of Canandaigua Academy - I went to what is now the Junior Academy on Far Hills Boulevard.  They built the new one a couple years after I graduated.  Figures, huh?  Yeah, that Wegmans in Canandaigua is Da Bomb.  It's a "Super Wegmans," isn't it?  We used to live seven miles out on West Lake Road, but my parents now have a condo for part of the year not far from Wegmans - they could practically walk to it now, I think.
No more beans!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 02:21:26 pm »
The Facts

Birth Name:  Catherine Lynne ...
Birth date:  April 15, 1968
Birthplace:  Chicago, IL
Hair:  Dark Brown
Eye Color:  Green/Hazel
Height:  5'3"
Astrology Sign:  Aries
Heritage:  Scots/Irish/Cherokee
Hobbies:  reading, hiking & camping, trivia, skiing, scuba when time/$ permit.
Favorite Color:  purple
Pets:  Oberon & Titania, 9 year old kitties, brother and sister from the same litter...need to post a pic of those two, actually...
Claim to Fame:  Some of the infrared detectors on some of the GOES weather satellites are mine.
Special Talent(s):  Optimism

Family

Mother:  Elsie, born 1940 & lives with me
Father:  William, born 1939
Brother:  Billy, born 1971
Ex-Husband:  Price, born 1964, and a good friend of mine

Education
Numerous graduate courses in physics, biology, chemistry, comp sci and a real aversion to making a decision and writing a thesis
BS in Physics from the University of the South, Sewanee, TN 1989
Franklin County (TN) HS, TN 1985

Firsts

First crush:  Eric (1st-3rd grade)
First celebrity crush:  Robert Urich (Spenser)
First kiss:  8th grade at the skating rink with Tommy - really nice as far as first times go - a fond memory
First car:  1976 silver Chevy Malibu
First love:  The aforementioned Tommy

First pets:  German shepherd (Boots) and a gray/black/white striped short-hair cat (Thomas-kitty).  (We actually had several incarnations of Thomas-kitty throughout my childhood.  Oberon has similar markings, and my Mom still calls him Thomas-kitty.

First job:  Office/billing at Russell Mason Tractor Company.  I used to tell people that I got to test-drive the farm equipment (not!)

Favorites

Movie:  Brokeback Mountain, Casablanca, any film noir
Music:  rock (Phish/Grateful Dead especially), singer-songwriters, blues, classic jazz
Television:  I was big into NYPD Blue in its heyday; now I watch The Closer and Saved and Law & Order occasionally...not much TV for me, tho.

Actors:  Jake, Heath, Meryl Streep, Gwenyth Paltrow, Keanu Reeves, Diane Keaton, Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Annette Bening, Michael Douglas, Jodi Foster, Jeff Daniels, Felicity Huffman

Food:  Ethnic - Indian, Chinese, Mexican
Ice Cream Flavor:  Rocky Road, Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
Season:  The next one
City:  Boston
Sound:  Mourning doves
Word:  Possibilities
Song:  This varies...At the moment, I'm stuck on Mary Chapin Carpenter's 'Why Walk When You Can Fly?'
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 08:58:13 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:00:49 pm »
Pets:  Oberon & Titania

Nice, Lynne! I love A Midsummer Night's Dream!  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 08:10:18 pm »
A Few Things - but not enough to get a copy of my birth certificate... :o

Birth Name: Lindajo (one word)
Birthplace:  Military base
Hair:  Varying shades of brown (or red.  Was blonde for awhile...)
Eye Color:  Brn
Height: 5'5"
Astrology Sign:  Aries
Heritage:  English/Irish
Hobbies:  Movies, crime (studying, not committing), art, travel
Favorite Color:  Orange (dining room, esp w/ the sun shining on it)
Pets:  None currently
Claim to Fame:  Made the Seattle news, TV & print, both times I got pregnant.
Also first female in UW history to take 'Coaching' classes (Football & Track & Field).   
Special Talent: Being alone without being lonely

Family:

Mother:  lives w/ me
Father:  deceased
Brother:  one
Husband:  Ex -
Sons:  two   

Education
Bachelor of Arts - Society & Justice                         

Firsts
First crush:  David - engaged, six years old.
First celebrity crush:  George Harrison
First kiss:  David - After I knocked him to the ground & then held him down. 
First car:  Datsun B-210 - brown.
First love worth tears:  Frank
First pets:  Queenie, Topper, Ringo (dogs - mutt & 2 Boston Terriers), Mittens, Tiger (cats).  Then BJ (Bichon).
First job:  Raspberry picker.  Next job - Barmaid

Favorites

Movie: Bokeback Mountain - without rival.
Music:  Mowtown. 
Television:  Amazing Race, Lost, 60 Minutes
Actors:  Depends more on the performance. 
Food: Filet Mignon
Ice Cream Flavor:  Butter pecan or chocolate something...
Season:  Early fall.
City:  Kirkland or Edmonds, WA 
Sound:  real Laughter
Word:  Honesty
Song:  With Every Beat of my Heart - Laura Branigan
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 09:33:23 am by silkncense »
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 05:07:00 am »

A Few Things - but not enough to get a copy of my birth certificate... :o

Birth Name:  Sheyne Maree... something  ;)
Birthplace: Brisbane, Queensland, Aust.
Hair:  naturally quite auburn, dyed kinda reddy-black at the moment.
Eye Color:  Green
Height: 171cm (about 5ft 8, i think)
Astrology Sign:   Sagittarius on the cusp of Scorpio
Heritage: Scottish
Hobbies:   Drawing, playing with my son, taekwondo, watching movies, coffee with friends
Favorite Color:    depends on my mood, but lately, I have been drawn to pink and blue
Pets:  Blue heeler (dog) Jumbo, 3 fish: Lipstick, Bug Eyes and Junior (used to be 4 fish but Hippo died last week  :'( )
Claim to Fame:  Represented Australia in the Oceanic TaeKwondo championships in 2004 in New Zealand. Won a silver medal in the final (lost by ONE point!!!!)

Special Talent: my love of drawing has made me pretty good at it; I can do the splits 3 ways and put both ankles behind my head; can eat a family block of Cadbury's chocolate in under 3 minutes.  :P

Family:

Mother:  Max, still living, although if her attitude persists....  :-X
Father:  Graham, still living.
Brother: Andrew, 30yrs, consumate practical joker and very talented electrical engineer, married for 3 years to Paula. Became a first time dad to Fletcher on April Fools day.
Sister: Christy, 28yrs, classroom teacher for 6 years, now research assistant at QUT University; taekwondo instructor and currently in training for World Champs next year. Long term partner, Nick.
Sons: Will, aged nearly 7.

Education: Bachelor of Education (Primary), and 3/4 of the way through a Bachelor of Science (Psychology).

Firsts

First crush:   Steven, in grade 3.
First celebrity crush:  *cringe* ok, Matt, lead singer of Bros (there I said it, just pop me in the stocks and let fly with the rotten fruit)
First kiss:   Steven, grade 3; first "real kiss", Scott, aged 16.
First car: 1984 Toyota Corolla.
First love worth tears: Brett. The tears was cause I loved him all the way through high school and he wouldn't even dance with me at our Grade 12 Graduation Formal. *sniff* (he's fat now, so I'm not bitter anymore...  ;D)
First pets:   Shelley, a budgie.
First job: Drive-through at KFC, grade 10.   Next job - Hopefully, Head of Special Education at my current school.

Favorites

Movie: Casablanca, followed closely by Brokeback Mountain.
Music:  Crowded House.
Television:   I don't watch TV, unbelievably enough.
Actor: Jake Gyllenhaal, Viggo Mortensen, Humphrey Bogart.
Actress: Dianne Wiest, Meryl Streep, Emma Thompson
Food: Chocolate.
Ice Cream Flavor: Not a big icecream fan, but I do love Boysenberry. 
Season:  Autumn or Spring, definitely.
City:   Call me crazy, but I just LOVE where I live now. Outside of Brisbane, Melbourne or Auckland. Both terrific places in their own way.
Sound:  a sleeping child.
Word:  Thunderstorm
Song: Amazing by ALex Lloyd
Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 12:06:54 pm »
The Facts

Birth Name:  Becky Elizabeth....
Birth date:  17th October 1990
Birthplace:  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK
Hair:  Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Eden...but it changes according to my mood
Height:  5'3"ish
Astrology Sign:  Libra
Heritage:  I'm of Welsh and English descent
Hobbies:  Watching films, talking to anyone who will listen(rambling), reading when I can and Parkage(a word I came up with to describe just me and my friends hanging out at the park: talking and playing on the equipment, I have the mental age of about 5 when it comes to parks!)
Favorite Color:  Lilac
Pets:  2 cats: Peggy Patch who is a black and white moggy and she is 9 on Saturday. And Radar who technically isn't ours but he thinks he is and he is a ginger and white tabby and we recon he is about 11/12
Claim to Fame:  Never met anyone/ done anything that amazing. The closest I have ever gotten to being famous was being on the local news!
Special Talent(s):  Fitting 4 jammy dodgers in between my top and bottom sets of teeth, bending my thumb right back and I guess boring someone to death with my talkaiveness counts?!

Family

Mother:  Ann, born 1958
Father:  Brain, born 1947
Sister: Kirsty, born 1987(still living, unfortunately) Job: Being a full time bitch and working at the Early Learning Centre when she can be bothered. 

Education
Ummm yeah!

Hills Lower School: 1995- 2000
Newnham Middle School: 2000- 2004
Mark Rutherford Upper School: 2004-present day.

Doing GCSEs in: Science, Maths, English, Geography, German, French and Child Development.
After hopefully passing, I want to do A Levels in: Geography, German, Science and Film Studies.
Hopes to be: A teacher of some sort, most probably Science or Geography.                                     
Firsts

First crush:  Oliver. D (we were 6)
First celebrity crush:  Jake Gyllenhaal, Shane West a bit before that.
First kiss: Oliver D (age 6/7) First proper kiss: "technically" hasn't happened yet.
First car: Probably going to inherit my sister's car at the moment: Toyota Sportif
First love: -
First pets: I'm technically still on my first pet. But when I was little we had a tabby cat called Dylan and a fluffy thing called Reggie...Don't look at me my cats have weird names!
First job: Hasn't happened yet. Can't until I am 16, but I did get my national insurance card the other day, I was rather excited until my mum told me it was just for tax! >:( Anyway I hope to get something in a shop, preferably a book or film and music shop cause I do like to alphabetise! ;)

Favorites

Movie:  Brokeback! Donnie Darko, Vanilla Sky etc...
Music: Hmm that is hard to explain but I guess you could class what I like as Indie/rock/ anything you want really. Examples: The Kooks, The Feeling(going to see them in November), Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Orson, The Automatic, The Zutons, Dirty Pretty things, Scissor Sisters, The Magic Numbers, The pipettes, The Guillemots, We are Scientists, Editors, The Young Knives, Daddy Fantastic, Paulo Nutini and James Morrison. Also I like most old(ish) music as long as it's catchy but mainly 90s and 80s music.

Television:  Friends, Medium, Lost, ER, Desperate Housewives, The Friday Night Project, Film 2006, Have I got News for you, Mock the Week & Big Brother(yes I am that sad. I don't normally watch it, it is just this year there was a particular contestant that you couldn't help loving, as Kelda full well knows!)

Actors: Jake, Maggie, Heath, Sarsy! I don't normally have preference to actors...unless there are VERY good reasons!
Food: Pasta, chicken based foods!
Ice Cream Flavor:  Cookie dough!
Season:  Autumn/ Summer
City: San Fransisco, New York, LA and I suppose London.
Sound:  Thunder Storms.
Smell: (can I add?) I have a very picky nose: Pancake mix, American Malls(so basically shopping) and New books.
Word:  Serendipity
Song: It changes almost daily, but for now it is in between a few: Razorlight- Los Angles Waltz, Daddy Fantastic- Why can't you understand me?, Blue Picadilly- The Feeling and Snow Patrol - You're all That I have.

There you go basically my whole life! Sorry, as I said one of my favourite hobbies is Rambling! ;D (if only I had my talkative emoticon from imdb!)

"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 05:53:16 pm »
What did I say? Or does no one want to share?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.