Author Topic: Can someone help with an astrology question?  (Read 13017 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Can someone help with an astrology question?
« on: August 23, 2006, 08:54:31 am »
Does anyone know whether a Taurus and a Virgo are considered a good match, a bad match, or what?

Thanks!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Can someone help with an astrology question?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 09:17:53 am »
in the most general terms, via "popular astrology" methods, there is a general compatibility between the same elements:  Taurus and Virgo are both earth signs, and so therefore share this general element compatibility.  However, that is vastly generalizing.  The most essential elements of compatibility are deeper in the chart (sun vs. moon placements, for example, and 7th house rulerships and dispositions.)  So complete charges have to be run for both partners to determine whether there is an overall compatibility between personalities, astrologically.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:31:01 am »
Thanks, Louise!

At this point, that's all I was looking to know: that there is a general element compatibility between Taurus and Virgo. I think right now it would be premature to delve any deeper, not to mention that I don't have the information that would be necessary for a deeper analysis.

in the most general terms, via "popular astrology" methods, there is a general compatibility between the same elements:  Taurus and Virgo are both earth signs, and so therefore share this general element compatibility.  However, that is vastly generalizing.  The most essential elements of compatibility are deeper in the chart (sun vs. moon placements, for example, and 7th house rulerships and dispositions.)  So complete charges have to be run for both partners to determine whether there is an overall compatibility between personalities, astrologically.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

moremojo

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 11:46:39 am »
Hey, Jeff--

Check out the Chinese-astrology angle too in regard to compatibility issues. I have been impressed with what I've read of myself in connection to my Chinese astrological sign--it really seemed on target. It's dependent on the lunar year in which you were born--twelve signs in all, each named after an animal. I am a Goat (or Sheep, or Ram, depending on translation), for example, and I'm supposed to be very compatible with Rabbits (or Hares, or Cats [following the Vietnamese variation]), Horses, and Pigs (or Boars). On the other hand, the Goat and the Ox are like water and oil.

Tell you what, it makes for some interesting reading.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:38:29 pm by moremojo »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 01:12:49 pm »
"You bet!" Sure enough does sound interesting!

Thanks, Scott!

Hey, Jeff--

Check out the Chinese-astrology angle too in regard to compatibility issues. I have been impressed with what I've read of myself in connection to my Chinese astrological sign--it really seemed on target. It's dependent on the lunar year in which you were born--twelve signs in all, each named after an animal. I am a Goat (or Sheep, or Ram, depending on translation), for example, and I'm supposed to be very compatible with Rabbits (or Hares, or Cats [following the Vietnamese variation]), Horses, and Pigs (or Boars). On the other hand, the Goat and the Ox are like water and oil.

Tell you what, it makes for some interesting reading.

Scott M.

injest

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 10:13:22 pm »
OK! IS NO ONE GONNA ASK???

Enquiring minds want to know....who who??

(reg. your signature?? my husband rides quite a bit.....and yes it is the time ahorseback that makes it good...LOL)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 10:26:23 pm »
Does anyone know whether a Taurus and a Virgo are considered a good match, a bad match, or what?

Thanks!  :)

My mother and father are Virgo and Taurus respectively, they're still together, not the happiest couple in the world, but a long-lasting relationship.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 08:33:01 pm »
Oh that is sweet...
*Jess restrains herself from pestering and prying*

Same here... :P

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 10:30:46 pm »
Can we wish you pleasant "hanging out," then? :)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

injest

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 12:22:12 am »
(Sigh. ...)

Sweet don't bother me, none.  ;)

We have known each other for 14 years. He was already attached when we met. I always used to see him out with his partner at our usual watering hole. I hadn't seen either of them for quite awhile until, literally, this past New Year's Eve I ran into my friend--I'll call him "Chris," since that just happens to be his name.  ;D He was sitting by himself at a corner of the bar, and before I even had a chance to ask whether Bill, his partner, was in the bathroom, or what, he told me that Bill had died last August, somewhat unexpectedly. I ended up spending the evening--not night, just the evening  ::) --with Chris, and I suggested that if he wanted to come out and hang out he should call me and I would meet him.

I don't recall that he ever actually did call, but we ran into each other "accidentally" a couple of times before, somewhat to my surprise, he said "okay" when I suggested we have dinner. I think that was in March.

He told me quite forthrightly that he isn't ready to date, and I understand that, though we seem to be comparing schedules an awful lot to see when we can "hang out together."

Then there was the little matter of my birthday, May 6. It just happened that after conflicting schedules for most of April, my birthday was the first time we were able to get together for dinner a second time. I told him what the day was, so he wouldn't find out and think I was trying to be sneaky to get a date for my birthday, and what does he do? He shows up that evening with a homemade birthday cake with buttercream frosting.  ::)  I don't know what, if anything, he will let me do for his birthday in a couple of weeks. It's been years since I tried to bake anything. ...

Anyway. ... Chris is six years younger than me, a nice WASP boy with blond hair, blue eyes, a nice full beard, and a good job. He's close to his family. He doesn't say much, but he gets his point across. He is, as my people say, good husband material--the fact that he was with his late partner for 14 years testifies to that.

Is this going to go anywhere? Or am I just here to help him through the transition (I seem to have a habit of doing that)? I don't know--but, if there is a general compatiblity between Taurus and Virgo, whatever happens, at least we won't tear each other's throat out.

And that's the story, folks.

SCORE!!

I am so happy for you...come on...he baked you a CAKE! What you waiting for cowboy? a mating call??

and it has been 8 months..that is an awful long time for you to be the "transition guy".

I will say it again..I am so happy for you..like you said 'good husband material' people don't change their spots...you know him already!

awwwwww!! SWEET!!

:-* :-*

really really good luck and bestest wishes!!