Author Topic: The Chris Memorial Thread  (Read 16673 times)

N/A

The Chris Memorial Thread
« on: August 30, 2006, 11:40:34 pm »
i regret to announce that Christopher Benjamin Alyn has left us. things took a surprising turn for the worst. i know most of you loved him and valued his friendship. God Bless all of your souls! many of you may believe this to be an elaborate hoax or some sort of joke which is fine. but that doesn't change the fact that he is gone and isnt coming back. thank you for being his friends. i know he appreciated all of you and please know that he never forgot that. i'm sure he'll check in on you all from time to time.

Sincerely,
SFA

Note from Phillip: At this time, no one from Chris' family will be available to read any further memorial messages.  Therefore, for the benefit of the community as a whole in moving beyond this sad news, I'd like to put some closure on this matter.  I think the family has appreciated the kind sentiments and they are now setting out to move forward in their lives, as we must all do ourselves.  Thank you for your understanding of why I have locked this topic.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:49:42 pm by Phillip »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Chris
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 12:01:59 am »
I am gutted by this news..

I dont even know what to say.
Can't quite grasp it yet..

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 12:04:10 am »
I've been trying to think of something to say ever since this post appeared. When did this happen? this is horrible, I really don't even know what to say.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:05:54 am »
this is terrible news. I'm shocked.

My prayers go out to his family.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

vkm91941

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 12:07:24 am »
Well this is a very sad day for me.  I'm sorry that Shea didn't feel he could share with us what was happening when he's been checking in during the last week and hope that if you see this Shea, you'll feel free to send me a private message or an e-mail and let me know what happened.  I've been afraid of pulmonary embolism or something similar.  I had a long time friend who suffered one of those 8 weeks post surgical.  

I really cannot express to you all how devastated I am by this loss.  Chris was one of the finest young men I have ever had the priviledge to know.  He was smart and generous, kind hearted and posessed a terrific sense of humor.  I will mourn his loss for a long time. He was my friend in a way that is special and unique in on-line encounters. He suffered much in his young life.

Please accept my condolensenses for your loss and extend them to your Mom and Kayla as well.  You take good care of my boy Charlie J, Shea and if you feel like it please keep in touch, if you don't I will understand.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 01:22:16 am by Victoria »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:27:52 am »
Rest In Peace Bud!
There's no saying how much you will be missed....

I am still at a loss for words, but like Vicky said, to Chris' family, please accept heartfelt condolensces for your loss. 

vkm91941

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 12:29:30 am »
I'm still reeling here.  Tears streaming down my face.  I want you all to know how special Chris was and what a difference he made in the lives of so many people, not just mine but lots and lots of others.  I want to tell Chris's Mom about those things and how special her son was to so many of us.  I want to be sure that CJ knows what a terrific guy his Daddy was. 

This pain in unbelievable. I want to scream, to cry, to break something.  I want him back! I want my friend back.  To all those negative folks it no longer matters what YOU think.  Chris is beyond your theories and naysaying now.  You can't hurt him anymore.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:24:18 am by Victoria »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 12:30:06 am »
Dear Lord, what a terrible shock.  This saddens me more than I can say.  Please, Shea, if you can, let us know more, when you feel able to.  We would be grateful to know what happened to our friend.  We mourn with you and your family.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 12:30:43 am »
Chris, you were a really good friend. There will always be a special place for you in my heart. I miss you more than I can ever say and this news has absolutely shocked me.

I love you.

And to Shea and the family, you are in my thoughts.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 12:44:32 am »
I feel the need to post but have nothing I can say. I am just sick with grief

Heathen