Author Topic: The Chris Memorial Thread  (Read 16690 times)

vkm91941

Re: Chris
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 12:54:22 am »
I just want to remind everyone of Chris's last words to us before he began to experience complications from his illness...

Alright...those who know me know that i am not at all good with sentimentality.  I cringe at the thought of talkin about love and can't express my feeling worth a damn (except anger...I'm a pro at that >:().  I don't cry at movies, don't cry at sad stories, and don't cry because I miss someone....in fact I have only cried twice in ten years in that was when my brother was undergoing dental surgery and when my baby CJ was born.  I hold my sentiments in and they beat me down. 

I've had some interesting times in my life. Mom was married 4 times, smoked and drank 15, got married young, got divorced young, etc...

The list goes on and on...I live by the old "God please show me the way or forgive me for being lost" saying.  I believe I am God's test dummy...you know...the kind they use to test the cars...he puts me through all these tests to see how much a human being can take...sort of 'crash-tests'...

I met most of you last October on the BBM board on IMDB.  We all came together sharing a common interest...Brokeback Mountain.  Many people have often asked me why I connected with Brokeback...me being straight, married and as young as I am.  I try endlessly to answer them the best I can, but the truth is my friends...I don't know!  Many of you have come up with theories...some good some...not so good. But here's what I think...

I believe that God brought me here!  I believe that he knew I would need friends over the next year...and boy did he do one right.  I believe you are all heaven-sent my friends.  Reading your messages (well Shea reading your messages to me) is the only thing that got me through this crash test in my life.  Everyday I would ask..."Anymore messages" or "Anything else?"...he would read them to me over and over again.  Made me feel good...I knew there were people out there pulling for me!  The candles, PMs and message thread are all very special to me...I felt your love...your compassion...and your strength!  And for that I am forever grateful...

Aristotle once said...."A friend is a single soul dwelling in two bodies."...I think he got it right!  That is how I feel...I hope you all feel that same feeling someday...

You're all angels...and whatever may happen in the coming days...whether we stay together or drift apart...and whether we get along or not...I thank you all...and will always hold you dear to my heart!!!

And a very special thanks to Jenny (newyearsday) for her work with the healer...and to Victoria...whom kept you all updated...and stood with me come hell or high water!

I love you all!

Ok now go back to your Jake loving, your way over-analyzed discussions, your imaginary stories or whatever the hell it is you do!!!   ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 01:46:23 am »
Oh my god. I can't believe it. As a relative latecomer to the Tremblay board, I didn't even know Chris very well. But he seemed like such a great guy (as that post shows), who'd been through so much. And with a new baby! This is so, so shocking.

My thoughts are with his family.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 04:01:39 am »
WHAT?! NO!! What happened?! Is this true?..?.. What happened?!.. Sh*t! Sorry. This is totally dreadful.. What the hell happened?!  :o

Victoria, I'm gutted.. This is very very sad news and you can let out all your pain here! Do! But why is ther so much anger on this thread..?

My thoughts go out to his family. All my condolences and may you, Chris find peace and tranquility - wherever you are...

j. U. d. E.    :'(
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

vkm91941

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 04:10:42 am »
My eulogy for Chris, my friend

Special people leave a void for the people who remain behind.

Chris is that kind of person to me, he occupied a place in my heart and in my life that was uniquely his.  I met Chris on the IMDb Brokeback Mountain board in September of 2006 and we clicked almost immediately.  I guess the old adage like speaks to like is true.  We were forever getting yelled at by the others on the board for hi-jacking threads and just chatting for hours about anything and everything. Since we found e-mail too slow and IMDB PM's awkward eventually we, with a few other friends hi-jacked an unused board for our nightly chats. 

Over the course of that year, through many conversations, some deep , some frivolous, some intensely personal others very superficial…I came to know Christopher Benjamin Alyn the man.  He was a remarkably good man, with a few misspent teenage years that only added to his charm and his bad boy cache.  He was a person of integrity, incredibly self effacing, generous to a fault, intensely loyal to his friends and he loved his family fiercely and was devoted to them, a man who understood a hard day's work and did what needed to be done so that those he loved never wanted for anything.

The loss of my friend is extremely painful, my pain is very strong, debilitating even and  yet also strangely reaffirming because it has made me ever more aware of the rewards of our wonderful friendship. I long to replace pain with hope and peace in the knowledge that my friend is in a better place. I know that is what he would want. We all know how much he hated sentimentality, all these tears would make him cringe.   The memories I have are what keeps things in perspective and I thank God for that. So Godspeed my friend and rest well you’ve earned it.  I love you, I'll never forget you.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 08:12:26 am »
 :'( as I read this I am tearing up - I never knew Chris personally, but I very much enjoyed his commentary and chatting with him in the Chat Room - my condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed................ :'( :'(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 08:21:16 am »
Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear this. Shea, CJ, all of Chris's family... I'm so sorry.

And to all the people who knew Chris at imdb, especially Victoria... my condolences to you, too. I'm a late-comer and didn't know Chris particularly well, but it's easy to see he was a special person in the way he touched all of you.

Mel
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 08:53:26 am »
I am saddened, and like Mel, my heart goes out to all of you who knew Chris, on-line or in person.

To his family, I too wish to extend my heartfelt condolence.

He will be remembered in our thoughts.

Au revoir ami.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 05:13:36 pm by Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 08:57:17 am »
Oh, my God. ...

What happened?  ???

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

J.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 09:30:44 am »
Ohhhhh .......... I'm so sorry - Chris you touched so many lives. Shea, thanks for keeping up with us - hugs to you - so sorry. I hope you'll stay with us and find some new friends.

I'm so sorry.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

moremojo

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 10:36:34 am »
I just read this, and am shocked. God bless you, Chris--I know you are in a safe and loving place. Thank you so much for gracing us with your presence--we will know you in Eternity.

My condolences to Chris's family and friends. I feel so sorry for his little son--growing up without a dad. But I know his father will look down on him and love him and bless him, though he is a little ways away.

So sorry...love to all,

Scott