Author Topic: Story's authenticity ... by Maelakest  (Read 5983 times)

Offline JfT

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Story's authenticity ... by Maelakest
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 04:50:11 am »
"...faded, twisted, bitter remnant of a dying culture and breed..."  No way!

In Nevada, where I am, you'd be hard pressed to prove that statement. Cowboys are everywhere & not just the wannabes.
Real ropin', range ridin', cattle drivin' bullridin' sonsab*tches. ;D  The Real Deal.

DecaturTxCowboy, I'm a born & bred Texan & on my last visit home, hugged a welcome to several just in my family. Wouldn''t you say, in Texas at least, 3 out of 5 folks are cowboy in one form or another?

Dying "culture & breed"?  Not yet & maybe never.

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »
"...faded, twisted, bitter remnant of a dying culture and breed..."  No way!

In Nevada, where I am, you'd be hard pressed to prove that statement. Cowboys are everywhere & not just the wannabes.
Real ropin', range ridin', cattle drivin' bullridin' sonsab*tches. ;D  The Real Deal.

DecaturTxCowboy, I'm a born & bred Texan & on my last visit home, hugged a welcome to several just in my family. Wouldn''t you say, in Texas at least, 3 out of 5 folks are cowboy in one form or another?

Dying "culture & breed"?  Not yet & maybe never.

Once you get out of the cities into towns of less than 5,000 or so population spaced 15 to 20 miles apart, aka Gay Hell, you'll find the "cowboy culture" very much alive.

One would think not so much in the farming communities, but its there. In the cattle ranching communities, its there...big time. Ten year old kids are starting to rodeo and get their restricted driving license when they are fourteen and pull 30' trailers full of cattle or flat beds with bales of hay.

Yeah, its kinda funny to watch the kids have to stand on a milk crate to get their foot in the stirrup.

The horse...a living symbol of our proud American heritage.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 03:14:25 pm by DecaturTxCowboy »
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 05:34:49 pm »
A
Jack and Ennis are cowboys. Maybe not of the type we've been taught about in the grand American mythos of the cowboy; no. These are what REAL cowboys are like...in the real world. The other kind probably never really existed; not as we imagine them now...or if they did once...they're long gone.[/color]

THESE are what REAL cowboys are like...

Pic of guy in the McDonalds yesterday evening...
by the dirt on the back of his pants, look like he was riding bareback

His horse trailer

Passing a buddy of mine at one of the two traffic lights in town

PBR stands for Profession Bull Rider in Dairy Queen parking lot this morning
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 10:16:11 pm »
bump
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand