Author Topic: Will it ever be tomorrow night??  (Read 3193 times)

Nina8520

Will it ever be tomorrow night??
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:19:49 am »
The guy at the corner video store, who would absolutely NOT sell me the DVD on Saturday night (even though he had the poster up, and even though said poster read own it on DVD now, and even though I begged and pleaded and desperately entreated), told me that if I came in close to closing time on Monday night (tomorrow!!) he would be able to sell it to me. 

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. 

Consider also that despite having a BBM Obsession Level (or BBMOL) of about 8.5, to maintain a semblance of normalcy around the house, I’ve only seen the movie twice (twice!), and the second time was close to the first time, and the first time was opening weekend.  That's a looong no-brokeback interval.

So put yourself in my shoes and imagine the anticipation.
Once I bring that DVD home with me, I swear I may never be heard from again.

Except by you, of course  ;D

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Will it ever be tomorrow night??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:36:35 am »
Oooh, lucky! ('Bout the Monday night part, I mean)

How could you stand going that long?! I am amazed at your willpower. I could never do it. Goodness, you have every right to be excited. I'm excited for you!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 03:50:39 am »
Nina, go for the poster as well!   ;)
~A good general knows when to retreat~

TheStudDuck

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:51:58 am »
Well, obviously they won't give her the poster before the day they even have it on sale.  I mean, the point of the poster is to let potential customers know that they are selling it.  However, I would encourage you to ask them if you can have dibs on it.  A lot of times those things just get thrown out when they are done with them... perhaps you can ask them very nicely if they could possibly save it for you and contact you when they are through with it.

Oh, and congratulations... twenty-four hours from now, you may very well have gotten to watch it three times.  Isn't that crazy!?!  Have tons of fun with it!

I'm wondering just how many people will be around the board tomorrow... and for those who are, what exactly will they have to say?  I mean, other than, "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, I am in heaven, oh my god, oh my god, somebody hold me, oh my god, somebody hold me, please, oh my god, oh my god, somebody, oh my god, I am in heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven, oh my god."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 12:05:35 pm »
Once we have our DVDs

24 hours in a day x 60 minutes in an hour = 1440 minutes in a day

1440 minutes / 134 minutes (length of movie) = watching the movie 10 times in a day with 100 minutes leftover

Eat, sleep with the sheep (I mean, eat and drink during the movie, don't sleep)

100 minutes left over - 18 minutes to pee (2 minutes between each viewing) = 82 minutes leftover

82 minutes - 30 minutes dogwalk (three times for 10 minutes each) = 52 minutes leftover

Nothing else essential.

This leaves 52 minutes to be online here.

Have a nice day.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 01:12:37 pm »
Oh my Elle. Did you punch all those numbers in your addin' machine? Did your eyes get smaller and smaller huntin' for extra zeros? I like your math, but I'm not sure I can limit it to 52 minutes here with you guys....

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 01:57:18 pm »
There's a small convenience store near my house that also rents movies, and they get posters and put them up in the window....I'm already planning to convince them to donate the poster to me when they're done with it.   :)

I keep hearing people saying that they're going to get it at midnight tonight, but I can't think of a dvd-selling store that's open until midnight, or beyond.  Where do people go to get movies at midnight?  If there is such a place, I would like to be there!
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 03:12:42 pm »
Gawd, it sounds like a Harry Potter thing. Too bad I can't convince the dvd seller to have a BBM party this evening and sell the DVD's at midnight. It would be so fun. I'd be up for it. Alot of options with food, what the sellers could masquerade as, put a tent in the middle of the store, etc, etc.  ;)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 03:21:17 pm »
Wow I love the idea karl! Tent in the middle of the store, pantomine horses, cans o beans, an elk shootin' game and I' not even gonna tell you about the apple bobbing I have in mind! :P Now that would be fun. ;D

I have to wait 21 days until the DVD is released here. I keep counting down the days, I feel like singing  21 bottles of beer on the wall.....
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 06:13:00 pm »
The guy at the corner video store, who would absolutely NOT sell me the DVD on Saturday night (even though he had the poster up, and even though said poster read own it on DVD now, and even though I begged and pleaded and desperately entreated), told me that if I came in close to closing time on Monday night (tomorrow!!) he would be able to sell it to me. 

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. 

Consider also that despite having a BBM Obsession Level (or BBMOL) of about 8.5, to maintain a semblance of normalcy around the house, I’ve only seen the movie twice (twice!), and the second time was close to the first time, and the first time was opening weekend.  That's a looong no-brokeback interval.

So put yourself in my shoes and imagine the anticipation.
Once I bring that DVD home with me, I swear I may never be heard from again.

Except by you, of course  ;D

Have mercy on us here on this side of the Atlantic, Nina: we're not fr'ggin' gettin' it till the END OF APRIL, AAARRRGGGHHH...
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"