Author Topic: What movies besides Brokeback, have you seen multiple times  (Read 5996 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What movies besides Brokeback, have you seen multiple times
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 10:42:12 pm »
It Happened One Night

Casablanca

Holiday (Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn - my husband and I watch it every year on New Year's Eve)

Dr. Strangelove

Kind Hearts and Coronets (Alec Guinness playing something like 16 different roles)

Airplane!

Clueless

Raising Arizona

Fargo

The Princess Bride

Shakespeare in Love

Quiz Show

The Shawshank Redemption

The Player

This is Spinal Tap!

Grosse Pointe Blank

Donnie Darko

No more beans!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 11:05:44 pm »
Well, all right! :D :D :D

I think I remember our agreeing on Barry Lyndon on an earlier thread, too, Scott.  I love that movie because it's just like curling up with a favorite novel and having a good read.  And it's one of the most beautiful films ever--each scene is like a painting.  Love the period music, too.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 11:09:04 pm »
Wow.....I only started this thread this morning, and I have just enjoyed reading thru the posts that have all ready come in.......

Not only, have some movies, that I had forgotten that I had liked so much, have been mentioned.....it is also interesting to see the kind of movies that you all liked enough to see several times.....an obvious reflection on the kind of person you are, or on the other hand, maybe the kind of person you would like to be.....doesn't matter which....the magic of film, can take us anywhere we want to go....

So thank you, all you romantics...sci fi's....adventurers....sentimentalists....music buffs.......so glad you dropped by....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 08:46:15 am »
I forgot a few.

Blade Runner

Sense and Sensibility

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Brazil

Amelie

Central Station

The Silence of the Lambs

The Limey

Memento
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 08:48:52 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 12:29:32 pm »
Orlando, a Sally Potter film based on a book by Virginia Woolf about a man who becomes a woman and lives for 400 years without aging.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 05:27:13 am »
Hmmm.... The ones I can think of that I've seen in cinemas multiple times over the years... ie. 3 times or (much) more. If the list was to include video / DVD films it would be much longer and with many more "well-known" movies thrown in, including Sense and Sensibility, the Ice Storm, Donnie Darko, A Knight's Tale to name a very few.

This is really a walk down memory lane!

Disney's Robin Hood  (When I was a small kid. First film I ever saw multiple times in the cinema, to my parents' consternation!)

Excalibur

The Emerald Forest

Merry X-mas Mr. Lawrence

Lady Jane

White Nights

Dances With Wolves

Ladyhawke

Branagh's "Much ado about nothing"

Baz Luhrman's "Romeo+Juliet"

4 Weddings and a Funeral

All 3 Lord of the Rings movies
(Fellowship of the Ring at 14 viewings is the one I've seen the most times in the cinema, but BBM would have surpassed that by a wide margin if it had stayed just half the time that Fellowship did in the cinemas)

and..

of course, Brokeback Mountain. If it was in cinemas now I'd still go see it regularly. There's no other film I've convinced so many others to see - or have invited them along to see. 

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 07:20:33 pm »
Counting DVDs and TV broadcasts, here's my list:

15 times, more or less:
  • Brokeback Mountain
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Sound of Music
  • The Lion King, The Iron Giant, Snow White, Toy Story (though not always with my full attention -- can you tell I have children?)

Three times:
  • The Royal Tennenbaums
  • Memento
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • Big, Close Encounters, Back to the Future, Raiders of the Lost Ark (can you tell I'm trying to introduce my kids to movies I used to like?)
  • probably some others that don't come immediately to mind

Counting theater viewings only:

Eight times:
  • Brokeback Mountain
  • probably Gone With the Wind

Twice:
  • Too many to list, but actually not that many -- I rarely am interested enough to see movies twice in the theater, and NEVER three times

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2006, 07:44:57 pm »
Yes it certainly is a trip down memory lane.....I've just seen one here that I forgot I have seen many many times.....Back to the Future.......one of the cleverest movies and loved all the fifties tunes in it, and of course the great acting of Michael J Fox......

I have never seen Gone With the Wind....I have heard so much about it, obviously the classic of all classics, but I have never seen it....I must get it out on dvd and watch it......

And, oh yes, it is easy to see who has kids or grandkids.....some movies I would never have watched if not for my grandkids, Toy Story, (my absolute favourite), Lion King, Schrek......the first time I ever sat down and saw snippets of Toy Story, I couldnt believe how far childrens "cartoon" movies had come, since my own boys were toddlers, absolutely amazing and clever...after watching bits and pieces of it, a million times, I finally sat down and watched it alone, and then  I also got my husband to sit with me to watch it.....we love it...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection