Author Topic: Vote Now......  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Vote Now......
« on: April 03, 2006, 01:34:11 pm »
You can also post your reviews, if you feel so inclined! ;)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Vote Now......
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »
Crash was a very good film.....but not Best Picture material IMO.  Not when its up against BBM or even Good, Night and Good Luck...

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:38:37 pm »
Crash is OK nothing more. I gave it a 3 although I'd really give it a 2 1/2

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 01:43:07 pm »
wow. only 5 out of 10 possible. we don't think much of it do we? lol.

seriously. i gave it a 4. it was good. not great. if on a scale of 10, it's around 7.5-8 for me. C+/B-.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 02:28:20 pm »
No Crash doesn't deserve to be out of 10. I would give it 5 if it was out of 10 though. I gave it 3 in this one: 5 and 3 the averages!

I gave it a 3 on Flixster and said:
Would be a good TV movie, but it may aswel have been a 10min movie of someone just telling you how bad racism is. I get it, racism=bad, you don't have to shove it in my face. It hardly went anywhere and how good can a movie starring ludacris be? Why it won the Oscar I do not know, best film of 2005? I think not.

P.s if you guys would go over to flixster and create an account to help BBM's rating I would appreciate it cause Crash has got 4 1/2 and BBM has only got 3 1/2!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 02:36:09 pm »
I first saw Crash on DVD, after I had seen BBM.  I thought it was a good flick, entertaining, even told some people I liked it and they should rent it.

Then, after Black Sunday -- which left me utterly disgusted and depressed and angry as anyone else -- it was re-released and playing at the dollar show.  So, despite my disgust, I allowed myself to see it again (I mean, it was only a dollar!) on the big screen, just so I could be a little more objective and see if I, too, could be "moved" like some Crash fans had been.

Well, it was the same exact movie I saw the first time.  Not even close to Best Picture material, and *light years* away from the masterpiece that is BBM.

But hey, that's me.   :P
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 05:02:35 am »
Like someone else said here, Crash is a very good film, though not best picture material! I gave it a 4/5.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -