Author Topic: Tache (and Poof) tales  (Read 94407 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Tache (and Poof) tales
« on: December 03, 2009, 04:32:08 pm »
A while back I started a thread in BetterMost people about getting the cat to the vet and continued to post a few stories (mostly related to his neuturing) on that thread, found here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,37602.0.html

My last post's last comment was 'It's all about the cat now'.

Well I got me some new tales to tell and since they are un-vet trip related I thought I'd start up a new thread on the beast here.

First, here's the picture of Tache taken a number of months ago:

09-07-09
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:08:01 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Tache tales
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:36:56 pm »
I know I'm gonna love this :D.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:51:40 pm »
I may have mentioned that Tache loves being indoors; I have to literally put him outside as he doesn't appear to want to go out on his own anymore. He'll stay outside for hours at a time once he's out there. Even spending the night out - once - recently.

He's got a number of places where I might find him: on chairs (including the rocking chair), on the couch (his favourite, I believe), on window sills, on the rugs. He's even chosen to spend some quiet time in his crate.

One spot that is absolutely off limit is the bed. He's tried on a number of occasions to get on the bed. I've even found him hiding between the sheet and the blanket, just another ripple on my unmade bed. This particular quirk I've nipped in the bud, punishing him the two times I've found him there. (Who knows how many times he's done this before I caught on - cause I'd occasionally find him sauntering out of the bedroom when I called out for him, not finding him in any of the usual places.)

One other odd place he finds of interest is the bath tub. He plays with the drain stopper and the non-slip mat is always disheavelled in there.

Well today I found him in the bath tub again. Usually he scampers away whenever he hears me approach, but today, he stayed in there - just staring, waiting for me to find him. I found him there 3 times within a 30 minute span and the 3rd time the mystery was revealed as to why he's staying quietly in the tub ...

He's using the bath mat as a kind of blanket, nearly completely covered by the rubber mat. He's seen Bryan spend the night covered by blankets and he's seen me do it every night (and frequently during my naps). Now he's doing like daddy.

Isn't that just cute?
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 06:11:09 pm »
I may have mentioned that Tache loves being indoors; I have to literally put him outside as he doesn't appear to want to go out on his own anymore. He'll stay outside for hours at a time once he's out there. Even spending the night out - once - recently.

He's got a number of places where I might find him: on chairs (including the rocking chair), on the couch (his favourite, I believe), on window sills, on the rugs. He's even chosen to spend some quiet time in his crate.

One spot that is absolutely off limit is the bed. He's tried on a number of occasions to get on the bed. I've even found him hiding between the sheet and the blanket, just another ripple on my unmade bed. This particular quirk I've nipped in the bud, punishing him the two times I've found him there. (Who knows how many times he's done this before I caught on - cause I'd occasionally find him sauntering out of the bedroom when I called out for him, not finding him in any of the usual places.)

One other odd place he finds of interest is the bath tub. He plays with the drain stopper and the non-slip mat is always disheavelled in there.

Well today I found him in the bath tub again. Usually he scampers away whenever he hears me approach, but today, he stayed in there - just staring, waiting for me to find him. I found him there 3 times within a 30 minute span and the 3rd time the mystery was revealed as to why he's staying quietly in the tub ...

He's using the bath mat as a kind of blanket, nearly completely covered by the rubber mat. He's seen Bryan spend the night covered by blankets and he's seen me do it every night (and frequently during my naps). Now he's doing like daddy.

Isn't that just cute?

PICTURES PLEASE!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 06:22:15 pm »
Sorry I don't have recent pictures of Tache, but Photobucket's letting me upload pictures again so here are a few more from last August...

09-08-04

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 06:27:04 pm »
You were prob'ly hoping to see pictures of Tache in the bath tub. Maybe I'll try next time I find him there.

Or pictures of him stretched out lying on his back, or curled up playing with balls (or the catnip mouse) with his hind legs. In the meantime, here's one last picture for today.

09-08-04

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 06:33:02 pm »
He's dead cute! And yes I meant in the bathtub - get the camera ready next time!

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 10:25:53 pm »
Heya Roland!
This is a great idea for a thread! :)  And, as a cat-person myself I never tire of cute cat stories. :)

I think the bath tub thing is an almost universal cat quirk.  Often when I come home from work, my cat Vivien will get all excited and run around, come say "hello" to me, and then she'll sprint into the bath tub and roll around.  I often find her gravitating to the bath tub.  She also likes to sleep in front of the radiator in the bathroom (that radiator more than any of the other radiators in the apartment).  I've known other cats (cats of friends, etc.) that also had a strange attraction to the bathroom.

Hopefully you won't mind me asking... I'm curious about why you would prefer Tache to not sleep in your bed?  Vivien likes to sleep in my bed with me at night.  She rarely chooses to sleep in the bed if I'm not in bed.  But, she never goes under the covers... for some reason, she hates that in any context.  Polly, the cat I grew up with, loved being under blankets.  But, definitely not Viv.  Anyway, to me, snuggling with a cat at night is one of my favorite things... especially on a chilly winter night or a rainy night.  She's good at keeping my feet warm.
:)

The photos of Tache are great!  His markings on his face are adorable!  LOL, I like how asymmetrical the white spot is around his mouth.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:09:17 am »
My cat also liked to sleep in the bathrub. And in the sink. The sink had just the right size, when she curled together, it fitted closely around her.

She also loved to play with the water coming from the faucet. I used to turn the water one a little bit for her enjoyment :).
Once I wanted to know how much water she could handle, and opened the faucet a little more, and even a little more, and so on. It was in the bathtub and she didn't mind standing in a puddle and being spayed on a little bit. She only jumped out when the jet of water became halfways strong.

Like Amanda's Vivien, my cat never got under blankets, she really disliked being covered.

Tache is such a cutie. And he looks like he knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. Expect to find him in the bed again and again ..... ;D.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 06:20:44 am »
I used to be like that Rolan.. no Cat on the bed when i'm in bed.. I sued to actuyally close the bedroom door so they couldnt get in but when one of the 2 of them was knocked down Skimble was very lonely and i releted.. and now it's his perch every night.. about ten minutes after one or both of us is in bed he hops up on to the bed and settles down at my feet - and only mine never Callum's. Sometimes he comes half way up the bed and snuggles in but again only my side and never under the covers!

He also likes the bathtub but mostly the bathroom - not the kitchen - sink!