Author Topic: Tache (and Poof) tales  (Read 94455 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tache tales
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 06:42:12 am »
I'm better known for my large flowers. The daylilies at the top of the picture are about 10 inches (25cm) across - very large for a daylily. Tache is over 30 inches (70 cm) long, tail extra.

Took a few pictures of Tache yesterday but nothing spectacular. This one's from last July.

09-07-23
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:53:46 am »
I'm better known for my large flowers. The daylilies at the top of the picture are about 10 inches (25cm) across - very large for a daylily. Tache is over 30 inches (70 cm) long, tail extra.

Took a few pictures of Tache yesterday but nothing spectacular. This one's from last July.

09-07-23

I love your garden. Wish my hubby were into gardening (course I am surely not, and I don't have talent for it, when I plant stuff it never blooms ???).

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 11:34:51 am »
LOL, yep, Vivien likes to watch the water coming out of the faucet too. Sometimes when she's lounging in the tub, I'll turn the water on to a tiny trickle (so that it won't really pool or get her wet) and, she'll go investigate the water.  She likes to bat at the water with her paws and sometimes take little sips from it.  Totally adorable and hilarious to watch.
 :D

Lovely pic of Tache with the flowers.  :)  He's very photogenic!

My cat also liked to sleep in the bathrub. And in the sink. The sink had just the right size, when she curled together, it fitted closely around her.

She also loved to play with the water coming from the faucet. I used to turn the water one a little bit for her enjoyment :).
Once I wanted to know how much water she could handle, and opened the faucet a little more, and even a little more, and so on. It was in the bathtub and she didn't mind standing in a puddle and being spayed on a little bit. She only jumped out when the jet of water became halfways strong.

Like Amanda's Vivien, my cat never got under blankets, she really disliked being covered.

Tache is such a cutie. And he looks like he knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. Expect to find him in the bed again and again ..... ;D.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 07:56:25 pm »
Hopefully you won't mind me asking... I'm curious about why you would prefer Tache to not sleep in your bed?  

I don't think I'd sleep well with a small body like that in the bed. I use the whole bed (tossing, trying dif'rent sides) before falling asleep.

Wouldn't want to squish him now, would I?

Also, he's done jumped on the bed (once) while I was trying to fall asleep ... sorta kept me awake, doncha know.
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 11:23:36 am »
Heya Sheriff!  How are things going with Tache?  Any new updates?

:)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 05:00:12 pm »
Heya Sheriff!  How are things going with Tache?  Any new updates?

Nothing special, really.

I was away (to Timmins) for nearly a week during which time Bryan came over to take care of Tache for a couple a days, then they both spent the rest of the week at Bryan's apartment. He's got huge windows, reaching the floor, and the condo's on the fourth floor, so Tache took quite a while to get use to his new surroundings. He did eventually enjoy the open concept of Bryan's place, keeping both Bryan and Evan awake at all times of the night by running back & forth between the various rooms.

When I got back, two days ago, Tache was definitively mad at me. Eventually he cozied up, requiring a fair amount of time on my lap. He's also not likely been out of the house (except for the trip to Bryan's condo & back) in over a week. It's warmish today so I put him out about two hours ago. He spent the first hour hanging around on the porch - now he's gone checking out the neighbourhood I go & call out for him every 10 minutes or so. Eventually he'll be out there waiting to come back in and will make a bee line straight to his food bowl.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 07:01:47 pm »
Cute!

Nothing special, really.

I was away (to Timmins) for nearly a week during which time Bryan came over to take care of Tache for a couple a days, then they both spent the rest of the week at Bryan's apartment. He's got huge windows, reaching the floor, and the condo's on the fourth floor, so Tache took quite a while to get use to his new surroundings. He did eventually enjoy the open concept of Bryan's place, keeping both Bryan and Evan awake at all times of the night by running back & forth between the various rooms.

When I got back, two days ago, Tache was definitively mad at me. Eventually he cozied up, requiring a fair amount of time on my lap. He's also not likely been out of the house (except for the trip to Bryan's condo & back) in over a week. It's warmish today so I put him out about two hours ago. He spent the first hour hanging around on the porch - now he's gone checking out the neighbourhood I go & call out for him every 10 minutes or so. Eventually he'll be out there waiting to come back in and will make a bee line straight to his food bowl.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 03:19:13 pm »
Time for another 'Tache Tales' update.

(sorry, Kelda, I never saw him again hiding underneath the bathtub mat, so no photos)

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but one of Tache's games is to lie down on his side next to the couch (or the bed) and swiftly pull himself forward by clawing his paws on the material of the couch (or the bed). It's really cute to watch & it's something I don't remember anyone else mentioning as their cat's quirk.

He's also been using his claws to open closed doors that are not properly clenched. He's been found (by Bryan) napping on the bed sheets in the hallway closet. I've seen him open the computer room closet door that way as well.

I have a heavy rubber soled large rug under my computer chair (the wood floor's been heavily damaged over the years without a proper rug). Tache has recently been observed lifting the rug with the claws of one paw in order to slip his other leg (as well as his hind leg) in order to, I don't know, drag himself along the rug? or simply seach for lost treasures under there?

Tache has also been using his claws to tear up the toilet roll of paper. I think he was getting revenge for my being away so much lately. Even though Bryan came over to spend the nights with Tache, I had been away for a week at Christmas and another 5 days 2 weeks later. The victim this time? The shower liner. It got properly tore up. It was a cheap liner and I'd had it for over a year, but he's no longer allowed to play in the bathroom; I now keep that door closed at all times.

He's also been VERY lap needy lately, especially when I'm on the computer.

During my absence, Bryan liked having Tache purring on the bed while he slept. It's always been a no-no with me. On my return from Timmins this last time I felt him get on the bed that very next morning. I swept him off the bed sharply. He hasn't returned on the bed since then.

Another thing about the bathroom. Do your cats check out religiously when you flush? Tache never misses an opportunity. Seems right fascinated by the swirl or sum'tin. He'll come near the bathroom or even venture onto the side of the bathtub everytime I use the toilet.

Methinks I got a strange kitty.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 05:12:55 pm »
Great cat stories!!

LOL, Vivien likes to nap in the linen closet on the clean towels and sheets too.  It's adorable... but of course means that there's cat hair on the clean linens.

And, I think fun-with-toilet paper is a classic cat thing... I know some cats like to unravel full rolls of TP.  Luckily for me, Viv has little interest in the TP.

But, she loves to sleep in the bath tub... one of her favorite spots in the apartment.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:36 am »
tache, this morning

10-01-28