Author Topic: Tache (and Poof) tales  (Read 94409 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Tache tales
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 07:18:30 pm »
Very cute!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 12:33:24 am »

LOL, that is a cute photo!  :laugh:

It's amazing to me, based on what you've reported here, how much it seems Tache enjoys being mainly an indoor cat now if he used to be a stray and/or outdoor cat.  It's so nice that you've given him a good home and a way to live as a mainly indoor cat... since that's what he seems to enjoy.  Good work Sheriff!

I feel so bad for stray cats.  I saw one running across the street on my walk to work today and I felt so bad for it, because it's currently unusually cold for Pittsburgh.  I give money fairly regularly to the animal shelter where I adopted Vivien... and I keep pondering the idea of adopting a second one. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 11:05:23 pm »
Prefacing today's entry latest Tache Tale with a little Tache Song , courtesy of Bryan ...

Tache-a-roo, oh Tache-a-roo
Does whatever a Tache-a-roo dues
Spins a hairball any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Tache-a-roo.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from his tail
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Tache-a-roo.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Tache-a-roo, oh Tache-a-roo
Friendly neighborhood Tache-a-roo
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Tache-a-roo.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 11:34:05 pm »
Weather's been spring-like these last three days - reaching a high of 13 - 14c (57f), so Tache has rediscovered the great outdoors after spending 98% of the past 4 months inside.

A glove had been lost on the edge of the sidewalk some weeks ago and I just left it out there thinking that someone might claim it. Since then we've had our only serious snow fall (15 cm, or 6 inches) of the winter, so these last few days have returned our world to the natural browns of a snowless dreary winter.

Anyways, long story just to come around to saying that the stray glove was mysteriously moved into the flowerbed next to the stoop since the start of the great meltdown of 2010. No proof as to the culprit of this unusual happening, except for the circumstancial evidence of Tache spending some 16 hours a day outside.

Until tonight ...

This evening, when entering the premises, Tache appeared to be stumbling. I naturally assumed that he had gotten into yet another scap with the big bully of the neighbourhood and had been hurt. He didn't head straight for his food bowl, as he would normally do, but instead retreated to a quiet space under the kitchen table. When I removed the chairs to get to him, I found a black sock (not much unlike mine, but not one of mine) next to him. He was not injured at all but rather had brought a sock ... not a mouse, not a dead bird, but a sock into the house.

Tache is a clothes hound retriever.

He then proceeded straight to his food bowl and all was right with the world, again.

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 11:53:15 pm »
Aww, that's cute!!  Viv carries/ drags her own toys around... but I've never seen her carry any of my clothes or other stuff around.

Does Tache bring you mice or other prey that he catches?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 11:57:11 pm »
First let me repeat - this sock was NOT one of mine.  >:( It belonged to Tache! - I guess.

Last summer he was an outdoor cat, - not yet had the op-por-tu-ni-ty.

But I expect a sock won't be the last 'gift' he brings in the house, come summer.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 02:57:31 am »
Weather's been spring-like these last three days - reaching a high of 13 - 14c (57f), so Tache has rediscovered the great outdoors after spending 98% of the past 4 months inside.

A glove had been lost on the edge of the sidewalk some weeks ago and I just left it out there thinking that someone might claim it. Since then we've had our only serious snow fall (15 cm, or 6 inches) of the winter, so these last few days have returned our world to the natural browns of a snowless dreary winter.

Anyways, long story just to come around to saying that the stray glove was mysteriously moved into the flowerbed next to the stoop since the start of the great meltdown of 2010. No proof as to the culprit of this unusual happening, except for the circumstancial evidence of Tache spending some 16 hours a day outside.

Until tonight ...

This evening, when entering the premises, Tache appeared to be stumbling. I naturally assumed that he had gotten into yet another scap with the big bully of the neighbourhood and had been hurt. He didn't head straight for his food bowl, as he would normally do, but instead retreated to a quiet space under the kitchen table. When I removed the chairs to get to him, I found a black sock (not much unlike mine, but not one of mine) next to him. He was not injured at all but rather had brought a sock ... not a mouse, not a dead bird, but a sock into the house.

Tache is a clothes hound retriever.

He then proceeded straight to his food bowl and all was right with the world, again.

Aww how CUTE!!

Tache is so cute!

My cat fell in love with an old dish rag. He carried it around with him for months. He slept with it, played with it and God only knows what else he did with it. If I tried to take it away from him he'd hiss and yowl at me. FINALLY I got that nasty old thing away from him, laundered it, and when I tried to give it back to him he didn't want it anymore! :laugh:

Crazy cat!!

He even had a hiding place for it, but I never could figure out where it was.

Do any of your neighbors hang their wash out on lines to dry during the spring and summer, Roland? If so, I'm wondering if Tache may start targeting those clothes lines once he sees peoples' clothes flapping around on them? Sooner or later he may carry in someone's under britches! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 03:03:01 am »
Aww, that's cute!!  Viv carries/ drags her own toys around... but I've never seen her carry any of my clothes or other stuff around.

Does Tache bring you mice or other prey that he catches?

If Oreo manages to catch a mouse, he'll lay it on my pillow. God I hate that! :P

Cody loves to go down to the creek and catch fish. Then he'll try to give them to me. Just little sun fish most of the time, but it's still gross when he drops them at my feet. He also loves to catch cicadas in his mouth during the summer. He'll carry them back inside in his mouth and then once he's in the house he'll "yawn" and release them.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 05:38:23 am »
Cute story & song Roland!

So far my cat, Skimble, has not fell in love with an item of clothes!!

i was off on stricke days Mon & Tuesday and he followed me around ansd insisted in sitting beside me all day! I think he would quite enjhoy it if i was a part timer! Company all day!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 07:03:10 pm »
Back in late January, while I was away in Timmins, Bryan took care of Tache, staying at my place a couple a days and then taking him to his condo. This much I'd already mentioned. What I hadn't told (and don't remember Bryan telling me) is that Bryan and Evan panicked one day, searching frantically for a couple of hours looking for the cat. Tache was eventually found in the washing machine in their bathroom. (Evan found him when Tache popped up his head). The washing machine was (apparently) Tache's favourite space during his stay away from home. Bryan sent me this photo a couple a days ago.

All the lovely weather we've been experiencing (for nearly a month now) has meant that Tache has been spending a lot more time outside. He's even sometimes kept me up waiting for him to come back in when I unfortunately let him out after 9:00 pm. He will usually spend a couple of hours out there before coming in for the night.

And when inside, his crate is quickly becoming his most favourite space.