Author Topic: Tache (and Poof) tales  (Read 94425 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Tache tales
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 06:14:21 pm »
Apparently I make a pretty decent sleeping nest too ... even when I'm not in my clothes.

I like the way his front paws are wrapped around his hind leg.

Super cute!  They say that watching a sleeping cat, or holding a sleeping or purring cat, can be some of the best stress relievers.  And, I really believe it.  There's something so peaceful about watching a sleeping cat.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 06:25:06 pm »
Brilliant pic!! And the hing leg thing is super cute!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 09:30:09 pm »
Apparently I make a pretty decent sleeping nest too ... even when I'm not in my clothes.

I like the way his front paws are wrapped around his hind leg.

Awwww! There's nothing cuter than a picture of a sleeping kitty! :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tache tail
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 10:31:08 am »
So ...

Somebody recently asked me if Tache had shown any battle wounds yet.

Well, he has.

Two weeks ago, the neighbourhood bully (cat) came right up to my front door to inflict a bite on Tache's tale (as observed by the people across the street - I only heard the yelp!). He then became even more of a scardy-cat, spending more time indoors. His appetite also took a dip. Then last week (10 days ago) I accidentally put pressure on his tail (where he had been bitten) and puss and blood went flying all over my cloth couch. And the stink?!! For the next two hours I kept a close eye on him, dabbing his wound with a wet cloth, as, in spite of his frequent cleaning, there were some blood marks on the carpet (as he now preferred staying underneath a chair).

Anyways, I took him to the vet the next morning where after twice having to correct their description of the incident as a fight (It wasn't, he was attacked ... Is rape the same as having sex?) I was told he had received a minor bite wound with punctures on both sides of his tail from which an abscess had developed, and, like a pimple, it had (painfuly) erupted when I accidentally put pressure on the wound. He got antibiotics, I believe (140$).

Since, it's been a week of strictly indoor activities for him, during which time his appetite has rebounded as has his energy. I was told to keep him indoor for a week, but after 4 days I took him outside to take in the sites, on a leash, while I would read in the front yard. On day 7, he was again released in the wild and last night was his first all-nighter outside.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 10:40:36 am »
Oh did I mention? They shaved the area near the wound.

I got me a poodle cat now.  ;D

10-06-12
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2010, 10:46:25 am »
On the next day, Bryan & I worked in the back yard. Tache doesn't like the leash, but likes being with his daddies.

10-06-13

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 05:05:30 pm »
awwwww .. get well tache!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 01:08:40 pm »

Aww, poor Tache!  He's lucky he has you to take him to the vet and take care of him now, instead of being on his own to deal with an injury like that.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2011, 12:14:27 am »
Call it the "scardy cat" gang but there have been developments in the neighbourhood.

First, nobody's seen the "bully" in months - you know - the cat that terrorized the other cats in the neighbourhood, including biting Tache's tale tail (at least) three time in the first 18 months of his life.

There's also been a new, short legged, very wild-furred young cat that's apparently found a home in my back yard. He'd been fed by the 'cat lady" who lives in an appartment building accross the street - says she's been feeding it since it was the size of a rat last summer. She lives in an appartment building which does not make it easy for her to 'take care' of wild cats - she'd been feeding it (and other wild cats) from other people's yards or from the laneway.

Anyways, this fluff-ball of a new cat, I've named it "Poof" - cause it looks like the kind of ball you use instead if a washcloth (Bryan doesn't like it much - calls it - the Troll cat) - is now getting fed from my stoop and sleeping in my garage. He's yet to let me touch him, but I can sometimes get as close as 6 inches from him.

Tache and Poof are constantly playing (mostly Poof appears to follow Tache around, seek Tache's attention) when Tache goes outside. And of course there's "Anthony" - that's the black male cat adopted by the people accross the street. He too is one scardy cat that gets along quite well with Tache.

But I do believe that Tache is the Alpha cat in the Scardy Cat Gang.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2011, 12:32:29 am »
Poof had himself (we think it's a male cat) quite an adventure last week. It's been cold (it's winter isn't it?) outside but I've yet to entice him indoors. I put out dry food and water when I find him waiting on the stoop. If I let the water bowl out too long it freezes over - of course.

Anyways, I've been checking Poof out for 20 minutes at a time through the glassed/screen door. I'd even opened up the door some 20 cm (8 inches) but I've never been able to entice him to come inside. He'll look back at me through the screen door - just waiting. And when the door is ajar, he'll check out what Tache is doing indoors.

Sometimes he'll venture in the space between the outside and inside doors, but he'll retreat just as quickly.

Last week he got caught indoors as he came in a little further to check out Tache and I closed the screen door behind him while I fetched his food and water bowl.

He really didn't like it at all.

This nearly legless furball of a cat was jumping two feet off the ground in an impossible attempt at getting out through the window. It only took me about 5 seconds to get his food off the table and return to the door, but I'm sure he'd had himself an adventure to remember in those 5 seconds.