Author Topic: Tache (and Poof) tales  (Read 94458 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Tache tales
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2011, 12:38:54 am »
Awww!  I like these stories of the 'Scardy Cat Gang". :)  And, it sounds like Poof has enough of a crush on Tache that eventually he'll let you keep him indoors (especially if he continues to notice that the indoors is OK with Tache).

Both Tache and Poof sound like lucky cats that you're taking care of them ... especially in the winter.  As a major cat-person myself, I should say that I think you're doing a great job!

When I was growing up I had a cat named Polly ( we adopted her when I was 3 and she died when I was in college)... and, her mother's name was Puff.  Somehow "Poof" made me think of "Puff".  ;D  Cute names for cats.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2011, 12:52:11 am »
And last night, things got even friendlier.

While I was away during the Christmas holiday, Bryan spent some time with Tache at my house. Among the things he did was hang one of Tache's ball, the hard plastic one that makes little bell noises, on a string and attached it to the handle of the inside door.

Well last night, I took the leash I'd needlessly bought for Tache last year and teased Poof with it, much like Bryan and I had done with ribbons, and strings and neckties with Tache. Well didn't Poof enjoy himself. After a while Tache wanted in on the action. I locked the door ajar some 20 cm and hung the leash from the inside handle of the screen door. After a while, I also hung the 'ball-on-a-string' from the same door handle and the two cats went at it playing away at catching and releasing the ball-on-a-string for some 20 minutes, Tache indoors and Poof outdoors.

Poof is such a kitten, but then Tache is 2 years old and he enjoyed the proceedings too.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 01:34:54 am »
Awww!  I like these stories of the 'Scardy Cat Gang". :)  And, it sounds like Poof has enough of a crush on Tache that eventually he'll let you keep him indoors (especially if he continues to notice that the indoors is OK with Tache).

Well that's the plan awright - however, this thing about keeping the front door ajar for nearly half an hour at a time in freezing temperatures is starting to take it's toll. I'm afraid I might catch me a cold with my behaviour. Plus it's likely to do quite a number on my heating bill.

I'm hoping to get Poof fixed before he get old enough to reproduce and for that he's going to have to trust me. However, I'm beginning to think he likes the status quo - cold, snowy weather and all.
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »
We need photos of Poof!!! I want to see this troll cat!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2011, 07:31:58 pm »
Kelda, you are so predictable  :D

pictures taken moments ago

11-02-04

Notice the wild, unkempt hair/fur

and the shortness of the legs.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »
And then there's this one, licking lips

11-02-04

In between the posting of these two pics, Tache went outside and I rushed to take pictures of them together. Not an easy thing to do - especially with me so close and on the outside, Poof was quite uneasy.

Took a few pics though.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 07:53:44 pm »
I took a few interesting though not playful pics.

11-02-04

Notice the shortness of the legs when compared with Tache's.

In this picture, it looks like Tache is taking care of Poof (which I don't doubt is part of their relationship).

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 10:46:58 pm »
Aww, Poof is so cute!!  You manage to find very handsome cats Roland.  He looks like quite a puff-ball and quite a character. ;D  I like the one of him licking his lips. LOL

It's interesting that he and Tache don't fight.  LOL, it's almost like Tache has taken him under his wing and is trying to show him the ropes. ;D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2011, 06:33:17 am »
Kelda, you are so predictable  :D

;D

He's cute! Yeah maybe he's still a kitten who needs to grow a bit? And he's not a troll cat - shame on bryan! I think he's cute.. and he looks a lot tamer than i thought he would be.. he'll be jumping up on your lap soon enough!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:52 pm »
Bryan was here today - took hundreds of rapid-fire photos of Poof playing.

Here's his selection du jour.

11-02-06