Author Topic: Brightest Full Moon of 2010--Friday Night  (Read 9158 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Brightest Full Moon of 2010--Friday Night
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 01:56:28 pm »
Ahhhhh-WOOOOOOOOOO-Wooo-Woooo-WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think I'm changing into a werewolf!

Sure do wish I could see that moon tonight. It is cloudy here as well. And cold. Maybe tomorrow will offer a better viewing. :)

Oooh, David, I love it when you howl like that!  ;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 02:28:37 pm »
Aren't we blessed in so many ways? I think sometimes that we have so many blessings that we forget to be thankful sometimes. When I lived near (nearer) to Memphis, I worked in a soup kitchen downtown on some Saturdays. Those people were so grateful for a place to come in and have a meal--usually a sandwich and drink and chips. I try to be mindful that it's a good thing when I'm warm, and sad that others are cold. We're all under that same wolf moon.

I always think about this whenever it gets super cold. Not only do I feel sad for homeless people, I make my own plans in case I ever become homeless. My last few dollars will go for a bus ticket to Florida.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 01:29:58 am »
I always think about this whenever it gets super cold. Not only do I feel sad for homeless people, I make my own plans in case I ever become homeless. My last few dollars will go for a bus ticket to Florida.

Yes.

During that last cold snap we had I was listening to the wind blow ferociously outside and I thought about all the people living under the bridges and in the woods. And behind the buildings. And it made me feel very very sad. And fortunate!

Any one of us could easily be one of those people out there. What is that saying "There but by the grace of God"?

Yeah. Something like that. :'(

It makes me very sad to think of them out there. And I don't know what we can do about it. 
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 01:31:54 am »
Oooh, David, I love it when you howl like that!  ;)  ;D

AHHHHHHWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Wooo woooo WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

(I did that JUST for you Jeff!)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 03:34:09 am »
We too had the big bright full moon here in Australia. Outside at night it is very light at the moment.

Along with the full moon comes the king tides as well, and the Mary River that runs through our town is tidal, and on full tide it has been extremely high this past week.

Yes the universe is a marvelous miracle, just the tide coming in and out is a marvel in itself, let alone the fact that the moon's size also controls the size of the tide.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection