Author Topic: "Tourmaline" - The Book  (Read 32637 times)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: "Tourmaline" - The Book
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »
Wow, that's great!  Congratulations!   I love the cover art too.  :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 04:46:16 pm »
This painting is the reason why I went back and edited Ellery's car, because the painting was done long before the first book was written - it was painted in 2000 by the visionary painter who has illustrated most of my other works.  When I connected the painting up with the stories, I realized - "OH I GOT THE CAR WRONG"  which isn't really so wrong because the reason I originally wrote Ellery's car as an El Camino is because I couldn't remember the model I was looking for: the Monte Carlo.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »
The reason I originally wrote Ellery's car as an El Camino is because I couldn't remember the model I was looking for: the Monte Carlo.

Oi!  :o  There's a big difference between an El Camino and a Monte Carlo. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 07:10:25 pm »
yeah but you didn't get one Jeff....!  Unless I don't recognize your name? hahah. O.o.!!!

No, no I didn't. But I don't seem to have any time for reading anymore, anyway.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 12:44:58 am »
No, no I didn't. But I don't seem to have any time for reading anymore, anyway.  :-\

thanks for the encouraging words though!  so are you going to make it to New York for the big September gig?  I hope you've got enough time for THAT!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 12:46:20 am »
Oi!  :o  There's a big difference between an El Camino and a Monte Carlo. ...  8)

yeah but they are spanish names so I just transposed em because I couldn't think of Monte Carlo.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 12:51:43 am »
thanks for the encouraging words though!  so are you going to make it to New York for the big September gig?  I hope you've got enough time for THAT!

I don't know. Right now September is too far away to tell. I probably shouldn't be writing this publicly, but truth to tell I'm sort of over big gigs. The big gigs that I've attended have been fun, and all, in their own way, but I feel I really prefer smaller get-togethers, where you actually have time to really visit with people.  :-\

yeah but they are spanish names so I just transposed em because I couldn't think of Monte Carlo.

Isn't the El Camino the pickup that looks like a car? Or am I confused? I never was very good at cars.  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 11:01:19 am »
I don't know. Right now September is too far away to tell. I probably shouldn't be writing this publicly, but truth to tell I'm sort of over big gigs. The big gigs that I've attended have been fun, and all, in their own way, but I feel I really prefer smaller get-togethers, where you actually have time to really visit with people.  :-\

Isn't the El Camino the pickup that looks like a car? Or am I confused? I never was very good at cars.  ;D

oh dear!  *sob* - does that means I won't get to meet you ?  bleah! I haven't met many people at ALL and this is my big chance, because I'm never where everyone else is!  Maybe I'll just have to sneak up to Philly and beard you in your den! snerk.

And the El Camino has a cutout back yes.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 10:45:38 pm »
oh dear!  *sob* - does that means I won't get to meet you?

Not necessarily. I haven't been following Kelda's plans that closely. Time for me to start thinking about September will be after my summer vacation in August (see "Wrangler's Rambles").

And the El Camino has a cutout back yes.

I thought so! It's what the title character drove on My Name is Earl. ...  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:06 am »
Not necessarily. I haven't been following Kelda's plans that closely. Time for me to start thinking about September will be after my summer vacation in August (see "Wrangler's Rambles").

I thought so! It's what the title character drove on My Name is Earl. ...  ;D

ah ah okay.  Since I am returning to DC it'll be great to get up to Philly, and if you prefer small get-togethers then who knows?  there's lots of time!