Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 120491 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2012, 08:59:27 am »
In the trailer as in the movie itself (which I saw when it first came out), I loved Seth Rogen.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2012, 01:42:14 pm »

Gee, Mandy, I don't know where it find and post the specific moment--I hope someone cleverer than myself (Chrissie??) might know how!

???

I've searched and googled every possibility I can think of in terms of movie photos and still frames, and can't come up with the still frame I wanted to show y'all.  Dangit!  Oh well, if any Heath fans haven't seen the movie yet, pay attention specifically at that 1 hour, 24 minute mark when he gets out of the car.  It's unbelievable.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline oilgun

« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2012, 08:11:43 pm »
I've searched and googled every possibility I can think of in terms of movie photos and still frames, and can't come up with the still frame I wanted to show y'all.  Dangit!  Oh well, if any Heath fans haven't seen the movie yet, pay attention specifically at that 1 hour, 24 minute mark when he gets out of the car.  It's unbelievable.

You need someone who owns the DVD and has Screen Capture software.  I'm looking into get some for my Mac so stay tuned.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2012, 01:34:51 am »
Yep, what Gil said. I've checked youtube, but there's nothing but the trailer on.Even if there were some snippets on youtbube, you wouldn't know what time mark in the movie they'd be.
The movie only comes out here in May, God knows when the DVD will come out.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2012, 06:03:22 am »
You need someone who owns the DVD and has Screen Capture software.  I'm looking into get some for my Mac so stay tuned.

Gil, my mac came with screen capture software called Grab.  Very easy to figure out.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:14 am »
Thanks, gang.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somebody can find and post the moment I'm talking about sometime in future.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2012, 06:28:51 pm »
Okay, here's what I did.  I rented the movie again from Redbox, and at the 1 hr 24 min mark, I went forward and back at 1/8th speed until I finally got the image where he's crinkling his forehead just the tiniest bit, and I took my laptop with the webcam that I've never used in the two years I've had it, and I held it in my hands in front of the TV, and snapped a photo of that paused split second.  Then I emailed it to myself, and saved the jpg file to My Pictures, and have attached it via the Reply Additional Options.  However, when I pull up the Preview, the image isn't there. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30:33 pm »
Oh my gosh, IT WORKED!!!!  Now, you tell me, is this not the spitting image of a Heath expression, or what?

Note to self:  remember how the heck you did that.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline oilgun

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:56 pm »
Oh my gosh, IT WORKED!!!!  Now, you tell me, is this not the spitting image of a Heath expression, or what?

Note to self:  remember how the heck you did that.

Good work Mandy!  Wow, and yes, I actually thought it was a photo of Heath when I first saw it.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2012, 09:22:11 pm »

I too thought that it was Heath at first.  Good job, in reproducing that clip.  By the bye, I loved that movie.  He and the whole cast was awesome.

Beautiful mind