Author Topic: Aack!! Help! 2010  (Read 7738 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Aack!! Help! 2010
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 12:24:43 pm »
Goodness, you're in quite a pickle, aren't you?  Filled with trials and tribulations.

Have you found any happiness or comfort at all in your home, or do you just want to run screaming from the place?

And why is your sister nagging you?  Has she helped at all?

I wish things could be better for you. 
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Aack!! Help! 2010
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 07:13:46 pm »
Goodness, you're in quite a pickle, aren't you?  Filled with trials and tribulations.

Have you found any happiness or comfort at all in your home, or do you just want to run screaming from the place?

I'm trying to find some peace, but it's difficult.  In the unbearably hot weather that Texas has, I have to have air conditioning and I prefer central air, but I don't have it.  I have window units, four of them, that I cannot leave on round the clock to keep the house comfortable - the condensers freeze up and stop blowing cold air - and I don't dare leave on all night to keep me cool and help me sleep because they blow loudly and since neighborhood is not the best if someone tried to break in at night, I couldn't hear them.

So, every morning, by the time I get ready to go to work, I'm already sweating in my work clothes because the house is so warm.  On weekends, instead of lazily sleeping in, I wake up when I get so hot I can't sleep anymore.  So I'm perpetually tired and hot and hot weather in Texas can last until late October.

And why is your sister nagging you?

My sister is nagging me because the house is paid off.  So there is only the upkeep on the house to be paid.

And my sister, who cannot handle her money, who is perpetually broke and has lived paycheck to paycheck her entire life - the same woman who asked me for a loan when she had a full-time job and I was unemployed - wants me out as soon as possible so she can move in and won't have to worry about paying rent anymore.

I know I'll have a hard time ever getting her out of the house once she moves in, so it was a left-handled blessing of sorts when I was forced by circumstances to move in with my mom and so 'got here first'.

Our mom perpetually bailed my sister out of her financial problems, year after year.

But mom is gone now.

There is no one left but me to loan her any money.  So, as fast as insurance and inheritance money comes in, I'm locking it up in CDs and 401Ks and investments so when she comes begging for money some day - and she will - I will be able to tell her "tough titty" because all my money is tied up.  Maybe my version of 'tough love' - something my mother was never able to do - will teach my sister to be more mindful of her finances if she finds herself stuck with no one to lend her money anymore.

Has she helped at all?

She helped with the garage sale, but other than that, she has been more than happy to let me clear out the remaning stuff, so it will be gone when SHE moves in.  >:(

I wish things could be better for you.

Thank you.  I do, too.