Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263310 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: All Brokies read! Emergency!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2010, 04:19:12 pm »
 :'([youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNUZUUmnIc[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2010, 04:19:37 pm »
Rich was one of the Brokies I still haven't met. And now I never will...

Never had any personal contact with him, but I know a lot about him from here,
and his story of finding love in his life and creating the sweet life together always touched me deeply.

Even more so now.

What a tragedy.

My heart goes out to his daughter, his partner, and all his family and friends, including all you Brokies who will miss him deeply.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2010, 04:22:07 pm »
I haven't been on the forum in awhile, but I have been on Facebook. I had just responded to Rich's Happy Friday on Facebook. I went on there and began reading things that I really did not want to read. My thoughts were instead to call Truman. I did and my worst fears of what I had read were true. Rich is an incredible and very special person. I will never forget meeting him in San Francisco and then communicating with him since then. At that time in his life he was very unhappy and confused about a lot of things. Then, as he so much deserved, he met and found true happiness with Gene. I have thought so many times about what a truly incredible life he had found. It was like that dream life that so many of us look for, but never find. I do feel so bad about not keeping in better touch with Rich. As I was telling Truman, there have been so many times I have thought about picking up the phone and giving him a call, but then something would come up and I wouldn't. I thought there was all the time in the world, but then things like this make us all realize that there truly isn't.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »
I just wrote on Chuck's blog, this sad day reinforces for me the lesson I learned when my mother died: Never EVER pass up an opportunity to say "I love you" to someone you love, because you never know when you might lose the possibility of saying it to him or her again.

Lynne, the line under your avatar seems particularly good right now.

{{{{Jeff}}}}  I love you.

I updated my FB with something similar to what you just posted.

Thank you about the quote.  I thought my avatar and quote needed an update for today.  I'm glad you like it.

The more I think about this, the more I am absolutely crushed.  I'm at work, supposed to be working, but I can't hold a coherent thought in my head.  And I don't think I've ever been so cold in my life.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »
Gosh, you look at all the user names logged onto this thread, and it's like keeping vigil.  :(

because that's all we can do right now.

God, I hope Rich knows how much we all loved him.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »
I haven't been on the forum in awhile, but I have been on Facebook. I had just responded to Rich's Happy Friday on Facebook. I went on there and began reading things that I really did not want to read. My thoughts were instead to call Truman. I did and my worst fears of what I had read were true. Rich is an incredible and very special person. I will never forget meeting him in San Francisco and then communicating with him since then. At that time in his life he was very unhappy and confused about a lot of things. Then, as he so much deserved, he met and found true happiness with Gene. I have thought so many times about what a truly incredible life he had found. It was like that dream life that so many of us look for, but never find. I do feel so bad about not keeping in better touch with Rich. As I was telling Truman, there have been so many times I have thought about picking up the phone and giving him a call, but then something would come up and I wouldn't. I thought there was all the time in the world, but then things like this make us all realize that there truly isn't.
  (((Jack)))

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2010, 04:29:22 pm »
because that's all we can do right now.

God, I hope Rich knows how much we all loved him.

I think he knows Chuck.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2010, 04:32:36 pm »

One thing I can't get out of my head, is that he posted the video to The Maker Makes yesterday morning on his Facebook page.  He said it was "heavy on his mind" yesterday morning.  Why did he post that?  ???  :'(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2010, 04:35:14 pm »
I saw that too.... the world works in very very mysterious ways.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2010, 04:35:47 pm »
One thing I can't get out of my head, is that he posted the video to The Maker Makes yesterday morning on his Facebook page.  He said it was "heavy on his mind" yesterday morning.  Why did he post that?  ???  :'(

Maybe the same reason i posted this on FB yesterday:

Jack: There ain’t never enough time, never enough….

Thoughts of Brokeback Mountain were a trail mix left for another day. I meant to transcribe the mental notes at some point, but the day to day takes over and then…. Foolishly buying into the concept of time, we see no reason not to procrastinate, a surplus of tomorrows at our disposal. We mortgage opportunities in favor of fantasy. But just like that, a eulogy. As unexpected as any.

Ennis: If you can’t fix it, Jack, you gotta stand it.

To live with the knowledge that life is precious and short is a tricky enough proposal. But to then be reduced to just trying to endure it, to just stand it….

Regrets are in the ashes that are raining down forever; Forever, a fresh blanket of sadness that is always beyond words.

http://www.libraryofinspiration.com/film_2000s_brokebackmountain.htm