Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263382 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: All Brokies read! Emergency!!!!!!
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2010, 07:46:48 pm »
One thing I can't get out of my head, is that he posted the video to The Maker Makes yesterday morning on his Facebook page.  He said it was "heavy on his mind" yesterday morning.  Why did he post that?  ???  :'(

I remember how excited Rich was to get to meet you, Eric. If I'm not mistaken, you were the first Brokie he'd met, and it was such a special time for him. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

And sorry for all of us for the loss of Rich--he was quite a man. Just so good and kind. It was a blessing for all of us to know him. And those of you who also got to be with him, talk to and visit and hug him--that's a double blessing for you.

God bless you Gene, Elizabeth, and all. Rich was so loved.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »
I've updated the title of this thread, and added information to the first post, so that anyone finding the thread now will know the most current information.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2010, 07:52:26 pm »
So very sorry. Special love to Truman, Chuck, and Lynne. He knows you love him.  :'(
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2010, 07:53:49 pm »
I remember how excited Rich was to get to meet you, Eric. If I'm not mistaken, you were the first Brokie he'd met, and it was such a special time for him. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

And sorry for all of us for the loss of Rich--he was quite a man. Just so good and kind. It was a blessing for all of us to know him. And those of you who also got to be with him, talk to and visit and hug him--that's a double blessing for you.

God bless you Gene, Elizabeth, and all. Rich was so loved.

You know, when someone dies it is customary to say nice and wonderful things about them. Sometimes they are true. Sometimes they are not. Most of the time they are somewhat true. But in Rich's case it is 100% true. I never saw him say an unkind word to anyone. He was always so supportive of me (and everyone around here I think) and he somehow always knew when to send me a PM or an email and offer me some support and encouraging words. He was such a beautiful and gentle soul. I wish I could have met him in person.

And to all of you who were so very close to Rich, I am so very sorry for your loss. He will be greatly missed. By all of us. My thoughts and prayers go to Elizabeth, Gene, Rich's family and to all of you. May you all somehow find peace and comfort during this horrible and difficult time.

{{{{{{ :-* :-* :-* }}}}}}

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2010, 07:55:15 pm »
Thanks Chuck, I have just been on the phone with Dev and as with all Brokies, it helps so much. I am going now to have my own 20 seconds silence. I said it before and I will say it again, my love to all. There is a new star that will shine so brightly in the sky tonight, and I believe that with all my heart.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2010, 07:57:48 pm »
I am so shocked that I can hardly believe it!!!! Oh my god what does this happen to all the good people!!???
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2010, 07:59:59 pm »
Richard and I laughed together, cried together, worried together, and supported each other through good and bad times.

He talked of his great love for Bizzy, and Gene and his boys.

My heart goes out to them for the loss of this special man.

He left us way too soon, but I am comforted by the fact that he found that 'cow and calf' operation with Gene.
He was so happy.

I just wish it could have lasted longer.

:'(

Offline dejavu

« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2010, 08:16:50 pm »
Tell you what, something that I believe--another lesson I learned from my mother's death--is that people we love don't really leave us when they are taken from this life, because they live on in our hearts--because we love them--as long as we live on. Rich will always be with us in our hearts because we love him.

Good to keep this in mind, Jeff.

I felt miserable this afternoon, so went out for a while and came back feeling a bit more peaceful.

It occurred to me while I was driving that Rich would not want us to feel miserable right now.  That may sound corny, but I think it's true.  He was sad and frustrated at times, but he was also funny and caring.  I remember some of the times when I was around him when we were all laughing....like the time he was begging and pleading for Chuck to find a rest stop when we were in the van coming back from the rodeo in 2007.   :)  I also remember how he talked about his daughter Elizabeth every chance he got.   :-*  And I know how much he meant to his best "in-person" friends here, and to so many others who didn't know him that well. 

I just wish I had been able to spend more time with him.  Maybe in Ft. Lauderdale this past April (who knew, back then?) or maybe in NYC sometime this fall.  Anyway, I still have the Christmas card PM he sent me in December 2007.

Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2010, 08:25:17 pm »
Hello Brokies.

I just got the phone call from Gene.

Rich passed away at 6:06 this eveing.  Gene was with him and holding him when his heart stopped.

May he rest in peace.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2010, 08:37:15 pm »
This. Is. Just. Too. Awful. For. Words.  :'(

Rich, you big sweetheart,

The Lord bless you and keep you.
The Lord make his face shine upon you and be
gracious to you.
The Lord look upon you with favor,
and give you peace.

:'(

Hello Brokies.

I just got the phone call from Gene.

Rich passed away at 6:06 this eveing.  Gene was with him and holding him when his heart stopped.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.