Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263343 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #680 on: August 09, 2010, 08:12:26 pm »
Well Truman got me back to Asheville safe and sound around 6:30 from Rich's service. I am hoping that he is also now home safe and sound in Virginia. After the past few days I am kind of at a loss of words to say right now. I feel pretty much emotionally and physically drained. There is no way I would have missed going to the service so I am very glad that everything went as well as could be expected. I have no doubts at all that everything went just as Rich would have wanted it. Being home now after the past few days, everything seems so quiet up here on the mountain. About all I hear now are the crickets chirping outside and the hum of this computer. I lit a red candle in Rich's remembrance and realized I was lighting it with a green lighter. For some reason, that reminded me of Christmas which was a time that Rich always seemed to really enjoy and a time that he always sent cards and love to all those close to him. Let me tell you that after seeing all those people at the service that was a LOT of people and that was only the people that were able to make it. Rich sure did touch and was a part of so many people. I met so many of those people who were a part of Rich's life. I feel that I have acquired a whole lot of new friends and I am happy for that. I feel also that my bonds with Truman, Lynne, Chuck, and Paul have strengthened even more solidly plus I got to know Judy much better. I am also very happy about that. It was so wonderful meeting Gene, Elizabeth, Andrew, Austin, and Sean in person after hearing so much about them and seeing so many of their pictures. Rich did indeed have a Sweet and Rich life. I am so happy that he found these wonderful people. The only thing that is still very sad to me is that Rich could not be there physically although his spirit was very much there and still is.

Jack

What a wonderful update and post, Jack.  Thank you!!!   :-*

Offline bizzysmom

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #681 on: August 09, 2010, 08:25:43 pm »
Hi Truman,

I'm so glad I got to meet you.  Once the divorce was over and wounds had healed, Richard mentioned your name several times - so did Mimi.  I felt like a part of me knew you a little but after meeting you, I felt much better.  You had some very nice and thoughtful things to say to me, which I will keep private, however; I really appreciate your understanding and for being there when Richard needed you.  That goes for all of his friends here.  

I logged on tonight to read more about Richard.  I told someone yesterday that he came here trying to find himself and now I'm here trying to find him.  I wasn't sure what I would find but everyone has been very nice and supportive.   I have read some older posts that I decided not to look at anymore - we both had moved past that so no use going backwards.  

Elizabeth started school today - I was so worried about her all day.  I called her the minute school was out and she did great.  She has classes with her friends, she likes her teachers (it's only day 1) and life was good.  I wish I could say the same about going back to work but my mind wasn't on work-I was only there physically.  But..baby steps - each day should get a little better.  

As you can see, I can ramble on like Richard so I will close with saying thank you to everyone here!  

Marcia

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
« Reply #682 on: August 09, 2010, 08:54:34 pm »
The power of friendship...
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline Wayne

« Reply #683 on: August 10, 2010, 12:29:22 am »
Thank you Marcia - it means so much for you to be here. So glad to hear Elizabeth's happy being back in school. Wishing all the best for you, Elizabeth, Gene and the boys, Mimi, and all the family.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #684 on: August 10, 2010, 01:31:08 am »
Hi Marcia,

Thank you for the update on Elizabeth.  Please, feel free to come here and ramble on as much as you need to.  We are here for you.  :)    We are also still trying to come to terms with what has happened too...  :-\ 

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #685 on: August 10, 2010, 02:37:11 am »
Well said, David.  You always seem to have the right words when I struggle for them.   :-*

{{{{{SISTER MOD}}}}}}

:-* :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #686 on: August 10, 2010, 04:26:29 am »
Marcia.... thankyou for keeping us updated on Elizabeth. I'm so glad she had a good first day...

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

« Reply #687 on: August 10, 2010, 11:26:25 am »
I am posting these words for all those who loved and still do (love never dies) Richard.

In fact for anyone who has ever lost anyone dear to them. I have no idea who to credit with the words but they express so tenderly, how it feels to lose a loved one.

It broke my heart to lose you, but you did not go alone.
For part of me went with you,the day God took you home.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #688 on: August 10, 2010, 12:21:27 pm »
I was just on hold on the telephone, and the music was Eva Cassidy's "Over the Rainbow". 

I hear ya, Rich!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #689 on: August 10, 2010, 12:38:30 pm »
I was just on hold on the telephone, and the music was Eva Cassidy's "Over the Rainbow". 

I hear ya, Rich!

:)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."