Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5481799 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
"H" is Heaven
« Reply #19810 on: May 21, 2009, 05:35:37 pm »
If Annie Hathaway were to appear in a film about the exotic Tongan islands during the 1950's, whe would play the part of Jean Sabin in The Other Side of Heaven.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:26:00 pm by memento »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"I" is ingénue's
« Reply #19811 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:19 pm »
If Anne was busy filming The Princess Diaries 2:  Royal Engagement, she would miss playing the ingénue's role in Phantom of the Opera.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"L" is liberating
« Reply #19812 on: May 21, 2009, 07:50:27 pm »
If asked if Brokeback Mountain was a "new beginning" for her career, Anne Hathaway would respond:  "Oh no, no no. I don’t want to think about it as any grand terms, and I don’t want to be looking at my career in hindsight already. This was a really liberating role for me and it taught me a lot of things about the excellence of what filmmaking can achieve. I’m certainly learning a lot from it, but, no, I’m not ready to start labeling anything. I’m always looking for the next job, frankly. That’s where I’m at right now; I want to know what I’m doing next year."

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"M" is Meryl
« Reply #19813 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:33 pm »
If Anne Hathaway had role models, she would choose Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet and Meryl Streep.

Offline Ellemeno

"N" is Nickleby
« Reply #19814 on: May 22, 2009, 01:40:28 am »
If Anne Hathaway had wanted to make a movie with Christopher Plummer seven years before Heath Ledger would, she would have chosen a role in Nicholas Nickleby.

Offline Fran

"O" is overhyped
« Reply #19815 on: May 22, 2009, 09:10:51 am »
If asked if she thought the sexual content of Brokeback Mountain was overhyped, Anne Hathaway would say, "The thing I like about it is I think it's pretty evenly distributed throughout the film in both men and women. Usually us girls bear the unfair share of it. I don't think that there's anything shocking about it. I think it's very real and tastefully done. I didn't feel uncomfortable about it. Maybe it was shocking for my dad, but that's just because of me. I do think it's overhyped. The thing that really emerges from the film is that the men have such love for each other. Even as their sexual relationship slackens, their intimacy deepens. The film becomes about the fact that they have a connection together that they don't share with anyone else."

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"P" is Prada
« Reply #19816 on: May 22, 2009, 10:55:06 am »
If she were told to gain weight for The Devils Wears Prada, Anne Hathaway would gain 10 pounds (bringing her weight to 130) only to be told afterward that she would have to lose 10 pounds and they would pad her for the "fat scenes." After production, Anne was presented with the padding which she jokingly refers to as "Andy's ass.".

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"R" is Rachel
« Reply #19817 on: May 22, 2009, 11:55:15 am »
If Anne wanted a Best Actress Oscar nomination, she would play Kym in Rachel Getting Married.

=aside=
Happy Memorial Day weekend, all.
I'll likely be internet-less.

Offline Fran

"S" is subtlety
« Reply #19818 on: May 22, 2009, 12:53:00 pm »
If commenting on working with director Ang Lee on Brokeback Mountain, Anne Hathaway would say, "He won’t let things not be truthful in his films. He understands the importance of subtlety. This was interesting for me because my background is largely from comedy, where you can get away with not necessarily having the most honest moments on film. In this story, dealing with these big emotions, if we went over the top with them then we would lose exactly what we were trying to do."

=aside= Paul
Enjoy the weekend!

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"T" is topless
« Reply #19819 on: May 22, 2009, 04:01:23 pm »
Anne Hathaway appeared topless in Brokeback Mountain and in one other film, the little-known Havoc.

=aside= Fran

Thanks.

=aside= Players