Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5484525 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"E" is example
« Reply #22160 on: October 03, 2011, 10:01:22 am »
eath Ledger on Ang Lee's setup for the scene when Ennis and Jack are waiting for Joe Aguirre to arrive:

"It's an interesting example because the way Ang directs, I have separated the experience of the two. Like when he's in preproduction, he's very thorough and voices his opinion and observations to you that he has on your character and the story and loads you up with all this information. You go away and digest it and process it and come out with your character; and during that process we don't sit around as a cast in a room roundtable and openly discuss everyone's plan. His plan as a director is very private. He'll take us to the side and give me little bits of information and then take Jake aside and do the same thing. Essentially, when we are outside the office and our characters are looking at each other and thinking, "Who's he?" and "What's he been told?" -- that's when our character meet on film. Ang set it up as situations that capture as oppose[d] to recreate."

Inteview:  Heath Ledger for "Brokeback Mountain"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:29:15 pm by Fran »

Offline Sason

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
"F" is freaky
« Reply #22161 on: October 03, 2011, 12:59:27 pm »
aving seen the way her husband greeted his old friend, Alma found Jack's presence in their lives quite freaky.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"G" is garbling
« Reply #22162 on: October 03, 2011, 02:57:39 pm »
eath Ledger was sometimes accused of garbling his text in "Brokeback Mountain," but playing the clenched-jaw Ennis del Mar seemed to actually require it.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

"H" is hellishly
« Reply #22163 on: October 03, 2011, 08:07:14 pm »
omophobia led to the hellishly brutal death of Earl and, if Ennis's worst fears are realities, to the equally brutal death of Jack.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"I" is influenced
« Reply #22164 on: October 03, 2011, 10:53:16 pm »
aving been influenced by lots of alcohol and an invitation to join his future lover in a warm bedroll, Ennis crawled into the tent.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"L" is languid
« Reply #22165 on: October 04, 2011, 04:14:45 pm »
is languid manner made Aguirre's entrance appear to be in slow motion.

Offline Fran

"M" is Michelle's
« Reply #22166 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:55 pm »
eath Ledger on the different feelings Ennis had with Jake's character, Michelle's character, and even Linda Cardinelli's character:

"...I think most of the emotions or love within Ennis is purely potential. It's within him and he never really expresses. That's the tragedy of this story, and that's the tragedy of each one of those love affairs. I think the only time you get to see this potential or slither of how he could express is when he's with his children; because his children are the one area where he feels safe and allowed to love the way he naturally feels he can love them. With his wife, his love is slightly manufactured. It's more traditional and it's him conforming, but it's not true love. His love for Jack is true in a passionate love, but he hates the way he loves and it's forbidden. Essentially, he's like a homophobic male in love with another man. He's very fixed in his ways and he's left lingering in between the role."

Inteview:  Heath Ledger for "Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"N" is neck-and-neck
« Reply #22167 on: October 12, 2011, 11:36:46 am »

eath Ledger's best performances were the subject of a Vanity Fair poll resulting in Ennis del Mar winning a neck-and-neck competition with The Joker.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2009/06/ledger-poll
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"O" is oft-quoted
« Reply #22168 on: October 12, 2011, 12:09:31 pm »
earing Ennis speak about their good time together at Don Wroe's, Jack replied with his oft-quoted phrase:  "There ain't never enough time, never enough". 

=aside= Meryl
Great "N"!

Offline Sason

• Bork bork bork
"P" is poll
« Reply #22169 on: October 12, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »
eath Ledger's best performances were the subject of a Vanity Fair poll resulting in Ennis del Mar winning a neck-and-neck competition with The Joker.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2009/06/ledger-poll

=aside=
Thanks Meryl!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre