Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5470326 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"D" is drivers
« Reply #22220 on: November 22, 2011, 10:45:30 pm »
im Breckenridge was one of the 23 drivers assisting the cast and crew during the production of Brokeback Mountain.

Offline Sason

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
"E" is embiggened
« Reply #22221 on: November 23, 2011, 11:18:30 am »
eeping his attraction for Jack hidden was something Ennis did really well, so Jack wasn't quite sure what would happen when he grabbed Ennis' hand and placed it on his embiggened manhood.

Aside= Meryl
Thanks, I would never have found 'embiggen',
if I hadn't wiki-ed 'cromulent'!  :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"F" is foisting
« Reply #22222 on: November 23, 2011, 12:10:18 pm »

etchup bottles looked on in mute judgment as Ennis left Alma in the lurch after foisting the girls on her at work.

Aside= Meryl
Thanks, I would never have found 'embiggen',
if I hadn't wiki-ed 'cromulent'!  :laugh:

;D  :laugh:  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

"G" is grievously
« Reply #22223 on: November 23, 2011, 02:49:11 pm »
urt Loder of MTV on Heath Ledger's performance in Brokeback Mountain:

"But it's Heath Ledger's performance as Ennis -- a man so beaten down by loneliness and poverty that he can barely speak, or raise his eyes from the ground to attempt a conversation -- that raises Brokeback Mountain to the level of tragedy. Ledger has been stuck in some dumb movies in recent years (A Knight's Tale, The Order), but he was an offhand delight as a SoCal stoner in Lords of Dogtown earlier this year, and he frolics hilariously through the upcoming Casanova. Here, though, he stands revealed as an actor of breath-taking gifts, and his final scenes at the end of this movie are the most deeply and grievously moving that I've seen this year. Don't miss them."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:36:43 pm by Fran »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"H" is harmonica-playing
« Reply #22224 on: November 23, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »
eeping the tone light, Ennis joked to a harmonica-playing Jack about the state of his instrument.

Offline Sason

• Bork bork bork
"I" is inserts
« Reply #22225 on: November 23, 2011, 03:11:04 pm »
eeping a low profile, Ennis writes only the words 'you bet' on the postcard to Jack, before he inserts it in the mailbox.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"L" is lummox
« Reply #22226 on: November 23, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »
nickers in a twist and loaded for bear, Ennis stalked over to the lummox known as Biker #1 and let him have it.

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

"M" is mercenary
« Reply #22227 on: November 23, 2011, 10:22:57 pm »
evin Lally of Film Journal International praises the acting of Brokeback Mountain's principal cast:

"Following his strong performances in Monster's Ball and the underrated Ned Kelly, Brokeback Mountain makes it clear that Heath Ledger is one of the most gifted young actors in movies today. He burrows into the pain, repression and red-hot longing of Ennis with a brilliantly modulated performance that's never showy and always nakedly vulnerable. As the less complex and emotionally scarred Jack, Gyllenhaal has the secondary role, but he fully embodies the character envisioned by Proulx and, like Ledger, commits to this gay character without a trace of self-consciousness. Williams, formerly of Dawson's Creek, is terrifically poignant as Ennis' deceived, neglected wife, and onetime Disney royal Hathaway is perfectly cast as a pampered princess of the Texas kind. Randy Quaid is also a hoot as the mercenary, none-too-friendly rancher who first hires the boys."

Offline Sason

• Bork bork bork
"N" is negotiable
« Reply #22228 on: December 02, 2011, 03:45:44 pm »
nowing that the work conditions up on Brokeback weren't really negotiable, Jack bitched all he wanted, but there wasn't really anything he could do about it.

Aside=Players
Someone's gotta do the scary 'N'.  8)

;D

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"O" is outrode
« Reply #22229 on: December 06, 2011, 10:07:40 am »
eeping in mind that he had once lost big time, at the second rodeo Jack outrode the competition.