Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5483275 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
"S" is short-lived
« Reply #2850 on: June 03, 2006, 12:35:27 pm »
Ennis and Jack's time on Brokeback was short-lived.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 06:53:23 pm by Memento »

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
"T" is Taylor
« Reply #2851 on: June 03, 2006, 12:42:48 pm »
Jack thinks Randall will like working for Roy Taylor, he's solid.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"U" is unbelievable
« Reply #2852 on: June 03, 2006, 12:50:33 pm »
Annie Proulx said that after she had finished writing Brokeback Mountain, she went back and rewrote it with Ennis and Jack getting together, but it was unbelievable that her characters could do that.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"V" is variety
« Reply #2853 on: June 03, 2006, 12:55:56 pm »
A variety of foodstuff was available for purchase at the grocery store.

Offline Mary Twist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Mr. Will of BBM's ABC game
« Reply #2854 on: June 03, 2006, 01:05:56 pm »
Oh, my!  I am a little stunned you understand.  As you know, I have already lost one son.  I'm sorry, I do not really understand this.  It is not because of my age.  I must say that I travelled to this appealing forum, as many of you may, mostly for this wonderful and meaningful tribute to our Brokeback Mountain.

The only comfort I have with this not good surprise is that I remember Miss Ann Marie with Mr. Will at the other Brokeback board.  I am happy that she is back here for him.  Oh, I do not know what else to say except I can not play a word right now.  I'm sorry.  I think I lost track of what answer and for what letter I was about to play....

For Mr. Will, as someone above nicely quoted me, let me say, you come back and visit us soon.  I'll have the cherry cake.

God bless you,

Mrs. Mary Twist   :'(
You come back and see us soon.  We'll have fresh hot coffee and homemade cherry cake!

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"W" is white
« Reply #2855 on: June 03, 2006, 01:14:30 pm »
Alma wore a white wedding dress and Ennis wore a white carnation.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 01:50:56 pm by Fran-E »

Offline Toast

"X" is xamples
« Reply #2856 on: June 03, 2006, 01:17:28 pm »
Annie Proulx did not try to make her characters perfect xamples for us to emulate.  Rather, she showed us their flaws and helped us understand how they became flawed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 03:59:02 pm by Fran-E »

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"Y" is YOB
« Reply #2857 on: June 03, 2006, 03:51:21 pm »
Bobby Twist's YOB is 1967.

YOB = year of birth

Offline DeeDee

"Z" is zipped-up
« Reply #2858 on: June 03, 2006, 05:05:29 pm »
Little Jenny was wearing a zipped-up fleece jacket at the grocery store.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 06:27:30 pm by Fran-E »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Round 103...
« Reply #2859 on: June 03, 2006, 06:05:26 pm »
...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that is enough.

Possibly one of the longest round openings ever....Enjoy:

Congrats to all for a amazing amount of rounds so far, I mean so much has gone on while I have been away the amount of posts on here is amazing and I am so pissed off that I have missed all the amazing posts that have been on here lately, Damn you Canada and your lack of computers! ::)

But most shocking and saddening of all is the news that my dear friend Wills is  leaving as a MOD! God I go away for a few days and everything falls apart.

=tribute= Wills

Well Wills you have left me no choice but to sing you into submission, or should that be to try and sing you into submission.

*Clears throat and blows a solo note on the harmonica. Starts to sing in a voice that even Jack would be ashamed of*
When I feel that lonesome prairie wind
I let my soul get back to you again

And I will never let you, I will never let you,
I will never let you go

Even though this wasn't meant to be
It's gonna break my heart to watch you leave
But I will never let you, I will never let you,
I will never let you go

Why I'm feelin' so, so low
I will never let you, I will never let you,
I will never let you go

Why I'm feelin' so, so low,
I will never let you go
Why I'm feelin' so, so low
I will never let you go
I will never let you go

*Waits for applause, but even the crickets refuse to make a noise except to groan*

If all of you are alive after that I give you a pat on the back and a slice of cherry cake. And of course if you aren't alive after that give Jack my number! ;)

I feel so sad to be saying goodbye to Wills: Genius, comic, my father figure(I am sorry to make you feel old, but it is true! God what a messed up family we would make!), The Bar-stool(say it out loud and figure what word it sounds like)for leaving me, my spell checker ;D, one of the subtlest people I know(*cough* ;D) my mentor, my favourite mod(sorry guys but it's true), one of the many bringers of joy and laughter into my life and most importantly my friend.

I hope that this arraingment is not forever and you will pop your head in now and again, of course if you are only dropping your "I am a Mod" hat and changing it for an "I am just a normal person" hat(like you could ever be normal! :laugh:) then you can come and rub elbows with us average Joe's anytime. Of course if you are planning to leave for good feel free to hang your hat in my direction anytime and keep in touch with email(as you still haven't replied to the one I sent ages ago!) as I don't want to loose my bestest mentor. And I have said hat so many times in this paragraph I think I need a few more: Hat, hat, hat! :)

Although I am not thrilled about your decission right now >:( I am sure I respect your decission in some way, I am just trying to find in what way I respect it. No not really, I know you weren't happy here for a long time and now you have reached your 100th I think you deserve the right to bow out gracefully, that is aslong as "ABCs" fades out with you as "ABCs" is nothing with out Wills and his faithful Fran by his side, correcting us and making us "better people". ::)

It severly pains me to say: "So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye" to my Wills and hope in his leaving he remembers us all as the bunch of misfits  and ABC obsessed freaks we truely are! ;D

Love,
You're Beckala! :-*(not in da BX) ;D

P.s Also in your leaving please fill in the

P.s If you have time on your way out of the Bettermost door would you mind playing my Quizas as it would be an honour for basically the creator of this board to play my humble game, oh great one! :-*

P.P.S: I have left a few spelling mistakes in here for you, just so you feel at home in correcting me...Yes I did it on purpose *shifty eyes*
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:00:42 am by Fran-E »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.