Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5402392 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
A is ain't
« Reply #660 on: April 17, 2006, 11:27:17 am »
as in I ain't queer and ain't no reins on this one.

Sorry about the ambrosia - I didn't see Pierre's answer to that question and thank you
for the welcome.

Sandy

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 12:01:24 pm by memento »

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
=comment= What's Bobby eating?
« Reply #661 on: April 17, 2006, 11:36:07 am »
First, let me say yippee, Sandy (memento) is back!!!!  Please join me in giving her a rousing welcome to BetterMost, and most importantly, the ABCs of BBM!!!!!!!

I think most folks probably aren't aware there has been an answer to the great "What the hell is Bobby eating" debate, straight from Pierre Tremblay himself, and I figured it would be educational for us all.  Some early CT founders had posed 10 questions to Pierre, one of which was this one.  I posted the text below.

Also, if anyone would like to read all 10 of Pierre's answers, I have them in Word format and would be happy to email them to you.  It's a wonderfully insightful interview and a great read.  They were also posted awhile back on the new Chez Tremblay here at BetterMost, but I haven't scrolled back to find them yet.

QUESTION #9

What the hell was Bobby eating?

PIERRE'S RESPONSE:

I heard this might be the most hotly discussed question on the board so I'll be careful to be clear... 

Bobby was eating cereal with pieces of fruit in it. I think it was peach but I'm not one hundred percent sure on the fruit.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 02:00:08 pm by amh625 »
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: "ABCs of BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN" -- the original BBM Game
« Reply #662 on: April 17, 2006, 12:02:29 pm »
Can I make a motion to unsticky this thread?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
B is burning
« Reply #663 on: April 17, 2006, 12:18:23 pm »
Most of the times Our Boys are together, there is a fire burning.

Can I make a motion to unsticky this thread?

It's fine with me to have it unstickyed - I play it anyway, which is probably true for all of us.  It does seem like it would be fairer to the other games (which I play too), to not have it stickyed.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"C" is camps
« Reply #664 on: April 17, 2006, 12:30:07 pm »
Joe Aguirre told Jack and Ennis: "Them camps can be three, four miles from where we pasture the woolies."

=comment= Bobby's cereal
My follow-up question for Pierre would have been: Why was Bobby eating cereal at Thanksgiving?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:29:40 am by Fran-E »

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
D is double
« Reply #665 on: April 17, 2006, 12:32:31 pm »
Double negatives are used by almost everyone in the film - such as "don't never" and "don't hardly."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:30:52 am by Fran-E »

Will-U

"E" is ecstatic
« Reply #666 on: April 17, 2006, 01:30:33 pm »
Ennis & Jack's relationship was frequently ecstatic.  Witness their hot 4-year reunion scene in Riverton!  :-*

« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 02:37:44 am by Will-ABC »

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"F" is fault
« Reply #667 on: April 17, 2006, 01:50:19 pm »
Ennis told Jack, "Shut up about Alma. This ain't her fault."

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
=suggestion=
« Reply #668 on: April 17, 2006, 02:01:11 pm »
Reason (as per Will request to provide one):

It seems more user-friendly to only have the reference/answer threads sticky'd at the top of the games page, rather than any of the actual games. 3 sticky'd threads is a bit much. I went to check on the ABC letters used and accidentally went into the game. While I understand your "shoe and sneaker" simile, Will, not everyone plays the ABCs game. I do but you pm'd me a list of things I was doing wrong and now I'm too scared to play! :) Just joking... kinda.

Just my opinion, y'all. If no one agrees, it's not like I'm gonna be up in a tizzy about it. Just askin'.

Sparkle_Motion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=decision= Sparkle
Your 'motion' for the "ABCs" link to be un-sticky at the Games Board has been approved by a 2 to 1 vote!!  We welcome sensible motions.

Will-Y
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 04:14:58 am by Will-U »
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
"G" is general
« Reply #669 on: April 17, 2006, 02:09:58 pm »
as in general delivery, the mode by which Jack sent that first postcard to Ennis.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.