Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5399557 times)

Offline Sason

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
"L" is leisure
« Reply #22750 on: February 28, 2013, 05:34:36 pm »
Their summer on Brokeback wasn't just work, they used their leisure time to romp around, and to conciderably deepen their friendship. But when their time together was cut short due to the early snow, internalised homophobia got the better of Ennis, and he punched Jack in the face.

=aside= Fran

Thank you!  :)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"M" is mature
« Reply #22751 on: March 01, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »
According to Wikipedia, Heath Ledger was not afraid of taking on the role of Ennis in Brokeback Mountain, only concerned that he would not be mature enough as an actor to do the story justice.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"N" is novices
« Reply #22752 on: March 02, 2013, 05:38:57 pm »
Jake and Heath were novices when it came to acting in a gay love story.

Offline Sason

• Bork bork bork
"O" is out-of-state
« Reply #22753 on: March 02, 2013, 06:11:47 pm »
Ennis and Jack's 20 years together were tragic, especially after Jack's out-of-state move, after which they were only able to see each other a couple of times a year.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:23:49 pm by Sason »

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"P" is protuberance
« Reply #22754 on: March 03, 2013, 01:08:41 am »
After retreating into the tent with Jack to avoid becoming a human icicle, Ennis awoke in the night to find his hand covering a warm protuberance.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"R" is rubric
« Reply #22755 on: March 03, 2013, 11:49:04 am »
When it came to religion, Jack didn't understand the rubric, even when it came to defining the Pentecost.

Offline Fran

"S" is smile
« Reply #22756 on: March 03, 2013, 12:48:32 pm »
At first glance Jack seemed fair enough with his curly hair and quick laugh, but for a small man he carried some weight in the haunch and his smile disclosed buckteeth, not pronounced enough to let him eat popcorn out of the neck of a jug, but noticeable.

[story]

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"T" is tinged
« Reply #22757 on: March 14, 2013, 12:56:30 pm »
Ledger keeps his character's volume low. Barely opening his mouth when speaking, his voice is frequently an indecipherable mumble, his face, a stoic, blank slate. He's in hiding. And yet there are isolated moments when we see Ennis's pain, guilt, anger and utter hopelessness at being unable to solve a situation that is completely untenable. The impact hits us with the force of a stampede.

''I'm stuck with what I've got here,'' he says, voice tinged with sorrow, lying beside Jack in a motel room. ''Makin' a livin' is 'bout all I got time for now.''

One could argue that Ennis and Jack's happiness is laid to waste by society's mores. But where lies tragedy, also lies the tender, undiluted potency of genuine love. Brokeback Mountain is a testament to that love, in all its forms.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"U" is uniced
« Reply #22758 on: March 14, 2013, 02:46:27 pm »
Ma Twist's cake was sparsely fruited and completely uniced.

=aside= Sandy
Welcome back!  :-*

Offline Fran

"W" is windburn
« Reply #22759 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:42 pm »
In her essay "Climbing Brokeback Mountain," Diana Ossana writes,

Michael Costigan was on set with us for nearly the entire shoot. His humor and innate common sense served us all in good stead. As the days passed and together we endured rain, snow, sleet, hail, sunburn, windburn, sheep wrangling, mosquitoes, flat tires, camping out, exhaustion, answering calls of nature wherever we could find cover and four-wheeling to the remotest of remote locations, we soon came to feel like a large extended family.  And like family members who live and work in such close proximity, we had our share of squabbles, but mostly we got along, and I felt happy to be working with fine people who each expressed to me how passionate they felt about the screenplay and story, and how important it was to them to make a great film.