Author Topic: What are your "pet hates'  (Read 18786 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
What are your "pet hates'
« on: September 22, 2006, 07:15:16 pm »
Just thought this would be interesting to find out what really gripes you....

What gets you angry, or really pisses you off?....and how do you respond or fix the problem?

I know that "homophobia" is all of our pet hate....write and tell us, how you handle homophobic situations.....

There is always someone or something, that really gets on our nerves, be it, family, work mates, friends, the neighbours, the sales person at the shop, other drivers, kids, someone on tv......

I think this could be an intersting thread, and may be able to help out those who just dont know how to fix their problem.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

Re: What are your "pet hates'
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 08:04:10 am »
well if you are just looking for minor things (well it is when I am home and not in the situation)

people in big ol SUVS and pickups that pull all the way up to the very EDGE of the road when they are turning left...I have a small car and if I am trying to turn right I CAN NOT see over them! So I wind up having to wait for THEM to go first...and it sometimes takes a while...this usually happens on very busy roads

Come on people...you bought the durn thing because 'you can see'....well, that extra two feet are not gonna improve the view! or stop you from being able to get out of the parking lot! stay back and give us short cars a break!

ps....riding my bumper is not gonna make me go faster...

Offline Katie77

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 08:11:44 am »
I developed a new pet hate only last wednesday....

I went to Hungry Jack's to get some lunch for my son, hubby and me...got them, the big burger meal, and because i am on a diet, got myself a salad....I went thru the drive-thru t get it....

Went back to our shop, we all got our dinner out of the bags, and the stupid girl hadn't put in a knife and fork......I was so p*ssed off.....had to eat the damn thing with my fingers.....i rang them to tell them, but was met with a young voice, laughingly saying "Oh, I'm sorry"......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....still makes me mad when i think of it.

And Jess, those dreaded SUV's...i hate parking next to them, they seem to take up one and a half spaces.....

jasbbm

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:41:05 am »
Hi everyone!!! Here is my pet hate. I hate standing in a long line at a  store and the person being checked out pays with a check!! Hello!!! It's the 21st century use your debit card! And if you have to use your check pull it out of your purse or pocket before they finish ringing you up and start to fill it out then!!! Sheesh!! ok. I feel better now. :)

Offline Katie77

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 10:56:35 am »
Great, glad you feel better Jason, thats why i started this post....usually once you say whats bothering you, it makes you feel so much better....

I hate supermarket lines, when the person in front of you has bought something that doesnt have a code, to zip thru the code thing, and they have to get someone to do a price check on it....... ::)

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 01:49:00 pm »
Heh, sorry guys, I use a checkbook at the grocery stores.  Yes, I could use a debit card to be faster, but you can't float a debit card like you can a check.  ;D

And it IS inconvenient, but in the U.S. many grocery stores uses scanners and program the bar code of their product into their computers so it 'rings up' when you go through the checkout. 

It's not MY fault if the stupid store didn't scan the product I'm buying into their computers.  If you must be mad, be mad at the grocery store, not the person buying it.  I had to stand there nearly 5 minutes because my cake mix wasn't programmed in, and the clerks showed absolutely no hurry to go get the price, taking a long time to respond to the call, having to have the item described to them more than once, strolling casually through the large store to get the price then strolling casually back...

My pet hates - besides the great social ones (intolerance of all types, etc):

people who ask for favors, then want the favor on their terms ("Can I have a ride?  What do you mean you can't leave early from your job to take me home so I'm not inconvenienced?")

people who believe that their opinion should be treated with the same acceptance and consideration as anyone else's even if their opinion is obviously ill-informed, uneducated or simply out and out wrong and refuse to even consider that their POV may be exactly that.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 02:16:40 pm »
Biggest pet hate is people who leave the stickers on the bottom of their shoes and then walk aorund with the price or shoe size on for everyone to see! Grrr!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 12:27:01 pm »
I've got a couple.

I really dislike people who insist on passing someone, flying over three lanes of traffic only to take the very next exit.  Have some patience!

My big one is the people who work at the Best Buy where I shop (I've been in some other stores that don't seem to have this problem).  I can't seem to walk around in the store for more than 5 minutes without someone asking me if I'm finding everything alright.  It drives me crazy.
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 12:58:47 pm »
hi there,

Nothing bothers's me more than a tailgater. Someone that gets right on your tail and stays on it.  Even if you slow down so they can pass. I especially hate them at night with their headlights shinning in your back window. In the winter time when the roads are slick it really scares me. What if I have to stop suddenly? :o

Another one is when your riding with someone and they have to look at you instead of the road when they are talking to you!  What are they thinking?  We are going 55 mph!  That drives me crazy. If they are a big talker I am a wreck by time we get to our destination. :'(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 01:04:02 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 02:18:03 pm »
Oh, geez.  I could go on all day.

- When people don't signal their turns (rampant non-signaling is a fact of life in Florida)

- When people drive in the passing lane on the highway and refuse to move over for faster cars, forcing them to pass them on the right

- When people order for the entire office or soccer team at the drive-thru window

- When people talk, snap their gum, crunch and munch their popcorn extra-loudly, and do all manner of other irritatingly noisy stuff during the movie in movie theaters - I especially "love" the ones who feel they have to provide a play-by-play voice-over of everything happening onscreen because apparently they're incapable of having non-vocalized thoughts

- When movie trailers/previews give away so much of the storyline of a movie you were interested in seeing, you no longer need to pay to see it when it comes out

- When people arrive just as the movie's starting on opening day and are shocked to learn there are no longer two or more seats together anywhere in the theater, so they orchestrate whole groups of people shifting this way and that to accomodate them.  Funniest thing - I was with a friend once who just said, "NO.  Next time, get here early like everyone else."  I thought *I* was ballsy.  I thought they were gonna duke it out and I was going to get caught up in a brawl.  Luckily, the other woman just said, "Bitch," my friend said, "Speak for yourself - oh, you just did," and the other girl backed off.  (Didn't know that movie was going to come with a floor show, too.)

- When waiters interrupt you right at the punch line of the best freaking story you've told in ages.  I know they have a job to do, but how would they like it if I interrupted their order-taking with a story?

No more beans!