Author Topic: What are your "pet hates'  (Read 18641 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: What are your "pet hates'
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 10:39:25 pm »
Pet peeves!  Well, you asked.... ::)

I hate when you're waiting to see the credits at the end of a movie on TV and they suddenly shrink the screen so they can insert a promo for some other show (usually for the umpteenth time).  You can forget trying to read the actors' names!  They usually unshrink it in time for you to see who the caterers were.

I hate that now you can't even be free of commercials when a TV show actually starts.  They put little pop-up animations at the bottom of the screen promoting other stuff while you're trying to watch the show.

I hate that now you have to suffer through numerous commercials in a movie theater before the movie starts.  I'm old enough to remember the days when paying for admission was enough to ensure not being bothered by that.

I hate when the upstairs neighbors move furniture/vacuum/drop heavy stuff on the floor at all hours of the night or early morning, completely forgetting they're not the only people who live in the apartment building.

I hate when women leave pee on the seat in a public toilet for the next person to clean up.

I hate when people spit out gum wherever they feel like it, which means that every sidewalk in the city is covered with little black blobs.

I hate when workers start using jackhammers/chainsaws/heavy machinery/hammers at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday or Sunday morning when they know darn well people were looking forward to sleeping in.

Feels good to vent.  Can you tell I live in a big city?  ;D

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 01:18:07 am »
I hate when women leave pee on the seat in a public toilet for the next person to clean up.

Women leave pee on the toilet seat? How do they do that? 

Wait. Never mind. I don't want to know.

:P

I don't want to know!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 08:21:46 am »
Don't worry, David.  I don't get it, either.  ;)

I can't believe I forgot my biggest one of all - littering.  Seeing people throw cigarette butts out of moving cars is especially annoying.  Hey, I've smoked - I've even smoked in moving cars.  But if you can't bear to put your cigarette out in your car's ashtray, perhaps you shouldn't be smoking it in the first place.

Seeing litter around really turns me off, too.  Just makes me feel kind of sick inside.  I try to pick it up whenever I see it, but when you're driving and it's all over the place, it's kind of overwhelming.
No more beans!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 08:44:17 am »
Oh wow I cant beleive I only just found this thread. Right I shall enjoy this lol. My pet HATES:

People who spit in the street.
people who talk with their mouths full.
people who let their horses shit all over the road so that when I drive by I get it all over my tyres!! >:( >:( >:(
people who dont put their dogs on a lead
people who double park outside the school
people who cut you up on roundabouts
people who drive talking on their mobile phones
people who dont make their kids wear seatbelts
people who do DIY at night
people who mow their lawns at 6am on a sunday
people who park on the side of the road, then just as you go to drive by, open their door.
people who let thier kids sit in shopping trolleys. they,ve been outside ffs, you dont know what they have on their shoes and you have to put your food in there!! >:( >:(
people who let their kids run around supermarkets
people who leave thier shopping trolleys round the car park instead of putting them away

thats it for now I  think, I like this thread lol. ;) ;)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 03:53:28 pm »
Women leave pee on the toilet seat? How do they do that? 

Wait. Never mind. I don't want to know.

:P

I don't want to know!

Well David, we are not perfect either.....but i agree, it should be cleaned off....

Which brings me to a subject my son is on about....to do with public toilets.....

If he uses a booth he wont open the door to get out unless he has toilet paper in his hand to unlock the door....he says, if you think about what was in peoples hands before they unlock that door, there is no way he wants to touch it......

I see souxi brought up "spitting"....I detest spitting, anywhere...

When my boys were growing up, i used to say that there were two things i would not tolerate, "lying" and "spitting"....I'm glad to say, they are in their thirties now, and I dont recall seeing them spit at anytime.

Another horrible sight...I dont know if it happens in your sports over there in the US, but over here when our football players hold one side of their nose and blow the other side, while they are on the field.....bloody disgusting....and it always seems the tv cameras catch them doing it.....UGH !!!......

Well I guess that's covered the excretion of bodily fluids from the body.......

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 11:35:24 pm »
I was thinking today about what i hate the most. what can and has really got me mad before and that has to be ...  people that are two faced. Say one thing to your face and and say another thing when you turn your back. I just think that is a human trait that some people have that I just can't stand.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 04:04:44 am »

Another horrible sight...I dont know if it happens in your sports over there in the US, but over here when our football players hold one side of their nose and blow the other side, while they are on the field.....bloody disgusting....and it always seems the tv cameras catch them doing it.....UGH !!!......

Eeeewwww Kate that is GROSS!!! OMG. YUK YUK and Tripple YUK. FFS WHY do they do it? God thats horrible.
Yes I agree with what someone else said about being twofaced. I tell people to their faces. If they ask an honest opinion, they get it. Sometimes they wish they hadnt asked lol. I also cant stand people who are nosey. It really winds me up that does.  People who slurp their tea or coffee, thats disgusting too. Oh and eating with your mouth open, EEWWWWW thats gross.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2006, 09:09:03 am »
Oh wow I cant beleive I only just found this thread. Right I shall enjoy this lol. My pet HATES:

People who spit in the street.

Oh my word- that is one of my major hates too! It makes me feel nauseus.

I generally hate poeple who are inconsiderate of those around them (including the hated sitters).

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 05:01:05 pm »
Here's one my husband and I were just talking about - when people sniff *really* loudly in your general direction rather than get a tissue and blow the stuff out.  You know who I'm talking about - people with colds or allergies who think it's less gross to do that than to just blow their noses.  I have coworkers who are impeccably dressed and groomed who get in a meeting with me and proceed to do that.  Repeatedly.  It turns my stomach.  My husband says "Try spending 8 hours with someone like that in a cockpit."  He's even offered them a kleenex (sort of) politely only to have them turn it down and keep on sniffin'.

No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 12:13:20 am »
Here's one my husband and I were just talking about - when people sniff *really* loudly in your general direction rather than get a tissue and blow the stuff out.  You know who I'm talking about - people with colds or allergies who think it's less gross to do that than to just blow their noses.  I have coworkers who are impeccably dressed and groomed who get in a meeting with me and proceed to do that.  Repeatedly.  It turns my stomach.  My husband says "Try spending 8 hours with someone like that in a cockpit."  He's even offered them a kleenex (sort of) politely only to have them turn it down and keep on sniffin'.

I find I must defend this practice.  I can't speak for everyone of course, but some of us have sinus 'disease' as my doctor called it.  The dripping is taking place in and among your sinuses, polyps and in the back of your throat.  There is nothing to blow out, it's leaking out back beyond your ability to force it out and you really wish you COULD blow it out. 

It's embarrassing when someone offers to hand you a kleenex because you know they've been sitting there getting grossed out and impatient with you, but there is nothing you can do but slink away and try to find a place to hide so you won't offend anyone - as I did in the library.  In the workplace, there is nowhere to go.