Author Topic: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?  (Read 41437 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2007, 12:05:52 am »
but WE have PUPPIES!!

And kittens!  :D

But I understand what Scott means. I've wondered about it too. Why us? Maybe they are trying to warn us. Maybe they want to tell us we are in terrible danger if we don't stop what we're doing.

Maybe they come here just to have a good laugh.   :-\
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2007, 12:26:01 am »
nope...they are coming for the puppies!

(and the kittens!)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2007, 12:31:37 am »
The rest of the Universe dumps its crazy people in Indiana?  :o

Apparently you've never been to Indiana Jeff, or you wouldn't even be asking that question!  :laugh:

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2007, 10:41:00 am »

I have never seen a UFO and I have no proof that they exist. However, having said that, I definitely believe that it would be supremely arrogant of me to think that this tiny little insignificant speck situated within the infinite vastness of limitless space, is the only place that has life on it. Whether that other life is the type we see in Hollywood movies is disputable. Interesting thread, David.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2009, 07:19:13 pm »
Just a bump.  We were briefly mentioning the Mayans on the The 13th thread and their prediction for 2012.  All the planets line up, supposed to be a harbinger of doom.

Just read in a magazine that this has happened before in our past - planets lining up with the center of the galaxy.  And what horrible thing happened way back then?

Paintings starting appearing on the walls of caves in France.  Cave people created art. ;D

I really don't think we have anything to worry about.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2009, 07:47:25 pm »
I don't believe that UFOs are from other planets/galaxies but I do believe that there is "intelligent" life on other planets.  It's just the law of averages, The univers is rather big so Earth can't be the ONLY planet in a "Goldy-Locks" zone that can support life as we know it. 

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:48 pm »
I started wondering if maybe UFOs are people (humans) from the future. :-\

Just think about it. If time travel is possible, it is very likely at some point in the future we will figure out how to do it. Maybe those UFOs are people from 5,000 years in the future coming back to visit the past. Or maybe coming back to rewrite history in order to avoid some horrible event - some terrible mistake we are about to make.

I don't know.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2009, 05:07:19 pm »

Just think about it. If time travel is possible, it is very likely at some point in the future we will figure out how to do it. Maybe those UFOs are people from 5,000 years in the future coming back to visit the past. Or maybe coming back to rewrite history in order to avoid some horrible event - some terrible mistake we are about to make.

I don't know.

Bush is still alive, so your theory is weak. :laugh:
I love the idea though, you never know.  Unfortunately, I usually get a headache when contemplating time travel.  I'm re-reading Hawkings' A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME, and I'm still having difficulty wrapping my head around the concept.  And it's even the illustrated edition!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2009, 09:14:31 am »

I don't know.

That's a fascinating hypothesis, David. I personally believe that if people could be visiting us from the future, they would only be able to observe,  and not change anything or interfere in any way. Because if they did change anything, it would impact on the very future they themselves are experiencing. I think I know what I just said.  :-\ 

One thing's for sure, I'm thoroughly enjoying the television program, "Life on Mars,"  which portrays a man involuntarily time traveling back to 1973, from 2009. And no, I don't like it just because of the cute star, Jason O'Mara.  ;)  He sure is cute though and I bet he's even cuter when he speaks with his native Irish accent!  :D

Jason O'Mara
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline oilgun

« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2009, 11:56:34 am »

One thing's for sure, I'm thoroughly enjoying the television program, "Life on Mars,"  which portrays a man involuntarily time traveling back to 1973, from 2009. And no, I don't like it just because of the cute star, Jason O'Mara.  ;)  He sure is cute though and I bet he's even cuter when he speaks with his native Irish accent!  :D

Jason O'Mara

I loved that show as well but I'm told it's been cancelled, which is rather upsetting.  It seems everytime I get hooked on a show it disappears.  :-\