Author Topic: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?  (Read 41580 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 02:00:20 am »
"I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space."
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 11:50:37 am »
In Athens, Georgia 1974, I had a huge triangular-shaped craft fly over my car, just above treetop level. No sound at all.  Later, especially since we live near Whiteman AFB and see the Stealth occasionally, I've wondered if it was an experimental version of that as the Stealth has the same basic shape. But I think that unlikely because

(1) The Stealth is called that because it can fly under radar: it's as far from silent as you can get. Even when it goes by at a high altitude, the whole sky seems to vibrate; and

(2) Even speculating that this was an experimental version in 1974, it would be quite out of character to be testing it out right in the middle of a densely populated area.

I'm quite comfortable with the idea of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, although IMO they'd have to have far more sophisticated technology than what exists on Earth to cope with the distances involved.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 09:45:38 pm »
In Athens, Georgia 1974, I had a huge triangular-shaped craft fly over my car, just above treetop level. No sound at all.  Later, especially since we live near Whiteman AFB and see the Stealth occasionally, I've wondered if it was an experimental version of that as the Stealth has the same basic shape.

I was watching a documentary on the Travel Channel a couple of months ago and some of the people interviewed on the program described seeing a similar craft. It was spotted over Illinois and a few people even drew sketches of the craft.

It was pretty spooky looking too.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 01:22:49 pm »
In Athens, Georgia 1974, I had a huge triangular-shaped craft fly over my car, just above treetop level. No sound at all.  Later, especially since we live near Whiteman AFB and see the Stealth occasionally, I've wondered if it was an experimental version of that as the Stealth has the same basic shape. But I think that unlikely because

(1) The Stealth is called that because it can fly under radar: it's as far from silent as you can get. Even when it goes by at a high altitude, the whole sky seems to vibrate; and

(2) Even speculating that this was an experimental version in 1974, it would be quite out of character to be testing it out right in the middle of a densely populated area.

I'm quite comfortable with the idea of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, although IMO they'd have to have far more sophisticated technology than what exists on Earth to cope with the distances involved.

Maybe it was just a huge hang glider. j/k  Did you see it during the day or night?  Was it really fast or slow?  It does sound a tad spooky, but if it was an ET craft, they would probably have to travel far faster than light-speed to reach us.  It could be an experiment of sort.  Here in Vegas, people always talk about Area 51, but I've never seen anything out of the ordinary...yet.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 09:05:43 am »
Maybe it was just a huge hang glider.

This craft was slightly lighted up. I didn't see anything like lights on a plane, just a kind of green glow but it was definitely lighted some way.

Did you see it during the day or night?  Was it really fast or slow?

It was at night, and it was traveling very fast.

It does sound a tad spooky, but if it was an ET craft, they would probably have to travel far faster than light-speed to reach us. 

IMO, for anyone to travel around space with the distances involved, there would have to be some completely different kind of technology involved, as even the speed of light would not be enough for some distances. And of course, an ET craft being seen above the ground on Earth wouldn't necessarily be traveling at the speed of light at that point.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 11:41:50 am »
This craft was slightly lighted up. I didn't see anything like lights on a plane, just a kind of green glow but it was definitely lighted some way.

It was at night, and it was traveling very fast.

IMO, for anyone to travel around space with the distances involved, there would have to be some completely different kind of technology involved, as even the speed of light would not be enough for some distances. And of course, an ET craft being seen above the ground on Earth wouldn't necessarily be traveling at the speed of light at that point.

Sounds rather spooky all right.  It would required a technology beyond our comprehension to get here.  Have you seen it more that once?  Sorry for being nosy but that sounds interesting.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 10:40:18 pm »
You know, it always makes me wonder.  I can defintely understand the descriptions of UFOs by daylight, but at night, sometimes the UFO reports talk about balls of light or light streaks or something lit up.

Why would a UFO - as in extraterrestrial spaceship - need to be lit up at night?  Even our airplanes are not lit up at night.  They just have navigation lights and whatever light can be seen from the cabins.  But those are internal lights.

Why would an extraterrestrial spaceship need to be lit up like a Xmas tree or advertising blimp?

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2006, 11:41:35 am »
Why would a UFO - as in extraterrestrial spaceship - need to be lit up at night?

Because the beings in it need light to see by?

Even our airplanes are not lit up at night.  They just have navigation lights and whatever light can be seen from the cabins.  But those are internal lights.

Well, I guess if it had navigation lights and lights seen from the cabins, it would be a plane. An IFO, not a UFO.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 10:23:18 pm »
Because the beings in it need light to see by?

On the outside of their ship?  A ship of a race of people who have the technology to travel a gazillion light years 
and they need headlights on their ship to steer by?   :-\

Well, I guess if it had navigation lights and lights seen from the cabins, it would be a plane. An IFO, not a UFO.

The thought was that WE don't even need lights on the outside of our flying objects.  Why would a race of beings, fantastically more advanced than us, need them?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 12:42:54 am »
On the outside of their ship?  A ship of a race of people who have the technology to travel a gazillion light years 
and they need headlights on their ship to steer by?   :-\

The thought was that WE don't even need lights on the outside of our flying objects.  Why would a race of beings, fantastically more advanced than us, need them?

Delalluvia -

:-*

Maybe they just want their ship to look pretty.

If I was an alien I would try to make my space ship look as fabulous as possible. Of course I'm gay, so this is to be expected.

....and I would make absolutely sure my spaceship was built in the shape of a *beep!*

Ooops! Sorry about that you all. I got carried away.

God it's hot in here.  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.