Author Topic: A Mother's Nightmare  (Read 3242 times)

injest

A Mother's Nightmare
« on: September 22, 2006, 10:52:00 pm »
Today in the paper there was an article about two young men in their mid to late teens that laid down on the railroad tracks and let the train run over them. The engineer said he laid on the brakes and horn and they didn't move.

They don't know who the boys are. And think maybe they were dead before the train hit them. I hope so....I hope they didn't commit suicide.

How can two young men die and there not be a missing persons for two days?

This morning somewhere a mother got up and went thru her whole day like it was any ol day and her child is lying dead with strangers.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: A Mother's Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 01:07:00 am »
Oh My God!

That is awful. Where did this atrocity happen? I haven't heard anything about it on the news.

I also hope they didn't commit suicide. This sounds more like a murder to me. I wish I knew more about it.

If it was a suicide, I wonder what could have been so bad in these boys lives that they would want to do something like this.

:'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:09:29 am by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:51:35 am »
Today they have identified the young men. We are so screwed up in this country...but I suppose it is not much better anywhere. We say we care about kids then we let them slip thru the cracks...

breaks my heart....I can't imagine not having my baby here with me.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:12:30 am by injest »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 02:40:28 pm »

They don't know who the boys are. And think maybe they were dead before the train hit them. I hope so....I hope they didn't commit suicide.

How can two young men die and there not be a missing persons for two days?

This morning somewhere a mother got up and went thru her whole day like it was any ol day and her child is lying dead with strangers.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

That is appalling - for either case - either suicide or murder.

I also feel for the train conductor who has to live the rest of his life having witnessed such a thing.

I guess we might have to wait for the news report.  Perhaps, sadly, it was simply stupidity.  Teens getting drunk and stoned and daring each other to extremes, then paying the ultimate price...

As to why there were no missing persons reports...well, depends on the family and kids.  As a teen, my cousin was a big bruiser.  He was a bully and selfish and he bullied his mother and ignored his father.  He would drop out of school, disappear for days, then show up wanting a meal for him and his buddies.  They were afraid to lock him out lest he kick in their door or resort to other violence.  They never filed a missing report on him, even though he was underage, legally a teenager/child because though he really might have been missing, he had a history of simply running off for days at a time and returning unscathed.

injest

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:17:11 pm »
well they have id'ed the kids...and they were black kids from the local "Boys home" ...so no need to further be concerned. black, poor, who cares??

Won't make the national news...wouldn't have made news at all if it hadn't been a gruesome death.

They ruled it a suicide. No drugs...no alcohol...just two poor young boys lying together on a railroad track. The engineer said that at the last moments they curled up together in a fetal position.

We will never know...but I wonder.....and I am sorry, so sorry that it came to that...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 11:07:06 pm »
Oh, dear God, that's just so awful. ...  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 11:13:29 pm »
well they have id'ed the kids...and they were black kids from the local "Boys home" ...so no need to further be concerned. black, poor, who cares??

Won't make the national news...wouldn't have made news at all if it hadn't been a gruesome death.

They ruled it a suicide. No drugs...no alcohol...just two poor young boys lying together on a railroad track. The engineer said that at the last moments they curled up together in a fetal position.

We will never know...but I wonder.....and I am sorry, so sorry that it came to that...

:( :( :( :( :(