Author Topic: A GREAT SADNESS the Classical Allusions thread has been deleted from IMDB Board  (Read 9202 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

I do encourage you all to go out onto the Better Most boards and explore the other forums, introduce yourselves and  make new friends.  They're not exactly newbies but they are new to us.  Who knows what kind of lovely posts you all may stumble upon

Encore! 
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Casey, I'm with those who said that thread is what brought them to the board in the first place. I first read it shortly after discovering the board itself, and it was the first thing that made me realize how deeply one could delve into BBM and still keep uncovering new meanings, new metaphors, new subtleties, new secrets.

Thank you for all you have done to enrich my experience of this movie.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
Casey, I brought your original post (and the one about astrological/alchemical symbolism) over here a couple of days ago. They are at http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=426.0

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
any body still have the url for the original thread at imdb? i may have a chance to get it restored, as I'm in communication with an admin, atm. I hastily deleted it from my bookmark list.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
thank you meryl.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.