Author Topic: A 20/20 special is on right now about Steve Irwin, "Crocodile Hunter"  (Read 1963 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
For fans of Steve Irwin, or anyone who wants to know more about him and his incredible life, it's worth watching. (10 pm on ABC, so it will show later I think, in Mountain and Pacific Time zones.)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: A 20/20 special is on right now about Steve Irwin, "Crocodile Hunter"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:11:45 pm »
Dang!  Why do I miss these things?!?!

Well, at least I caught parts of the memorial service at the zoo.  It was hard to take.  Terri's recent quotes are also emotional.  You can tell she's really hurting and in shock.  The footage of him being killed will never be seen, Steve often talked about dying early - not because of what he did, but because life in general was iffy.  It's hard to imagine Steve thinking this way, he seemed such a happy-go-lucky sunny guy.  Terri also said he prepped the zoo to outlive him and that his death was simply a freak accident and no one's fault.   :(

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:34 am »
I'm still thinking about it today. Seeing Terri talk and get emotional last night was heartwrenching. She's obviously a very intense person, and they created such an all-out life together. It was also strange to see her being so raw and honest and present in both her passion and her grief, because it makes me realize how most of us live in a much more reserved way, without doing the daily heroics they did. Reminds me of that old army slogan, something like, "we get more done by 9 am than most people do all day."

I loved her recounting of his marriage proposal to her, how she knew she'd be leaving all she knew and loved in America but a little voice inside said "yes!"...and how the most scared he's ever been was on their wedding day.

We got used to seeing him do his thing with crocodiles, but when you really think about it, most people would run screaming in the other direction if they got that close to a croc. He was totally fearless. His business partner said there'll never be another Steve Irwin. It's probably true. But he will inspire millions to do more for wildlife conservation because of his life and now, his premature death.

Long live his memory.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:31:54 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:58:20 am »
Darn it, I wanted to see that too :(  Here in Washington at 10pm on ABC they were playing "Men in Trees".  Does anyone know if this is the same show they will be airing on the normal 20/20 show on Friday?
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.