Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2148490 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4080 on: March 18, 2009, 04:54:00 pm »
It suddenly got very dark outside! It looks like twilight out there. I think we must have a nasty storm coming our way. I will turn on the Weather Channel and see what they have to say about it. There's no storm sirens going off, so the storms must not be too bad. It's creepy how dark is suddenly became out there though. :P

Is it raining yet?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4081 on: March 18, 2009, 06:38:38 pm »
I hope you had a very happy St. Patrick's Day! Did you catch any leprochauns yesterday?

Nope.  If I had, I would've gotten their gold!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4082 on: March 19, 2009, 02:36:45 am »
Is it raining yet?

It's been raining but not real hard. It's been off and on. There's been lots of thunder and lightening though and it got real REAL dark this afternoon. The street lights even turned on! But I think the storms are gone now. I haven't heard any thunder for several hours. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4083 on: March 21, 2009, 09:38:20 pm »
I love thunderstorms........I think the best thing in the world is to be home, curled on the couch with your special guy, drinking hot chocolate during a thunderstorm.

Same for a blizzard/snow storm.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

injest

« Reply #4084 on: March 22, 2009, 12:58:58 am »
I love thunderstorms........I think the best thing in the world is to be home, curled on the couch with your special guy, drinking hot chocolate during a thunderstorm.

and sunny weather...

and during full moons...

and when you change the clocks back...

come to think of it...when is it ever a bad time to be cuddling with a special man??

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4085 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:32 am »
and sunny weather...

and during full moons...

and when you change the clocks back...

come to think of it...when is it ever a bad time to be cuddling with a special man??

I don't mind thunderstoms just as long as the power doesn't go out. I hate it when the power goes out, especially at night. :P

Hey Jess, are we going to meet tomorrow in the movie chat room to watch the Amazing Race?

Shasta, are you going to be there? Paul, Chuck, Jack and everyone else is invited too! :)

injest

« Reply #4086 on: March 22, 2009, 01:20:50 am »

I don't mind thunderstoms just as long as the power doesn't go out. I hate it when the power goes out, especially at night. :P

Hey Jess, are we going to meet tomorrow in the movie chat room to watch the Amazing Race?

Shasta, are you going to be there? Paul, Chuck, Jack and everyone else is invited too! :)

yep! ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4087 on: March 22, 2009, 01:39:07 am »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4088 on: March 22, 2009, 06:31:09 pm »
I don't watch Amazing Race, but thanks for the invite!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4089 on: March 22, 2009, 10:57:06 pm »
I love watching the summer storms we get here in Florida. The lightning is spectacular, and I have always been fsacinated by it.

I too hate it when the power goes off, which it frequently does. I also have a healthy respectfor lightning much as I am fascinated by it.
When we were in England, our farmhouse was on top of a hill and so was the highest point.
I was stood in the kitchen with the kids when the house was struck. I have never heard such a bang in all my life.We were all screaming. It completely fried the computer, modem, satellite dish and phone.  More than anything though, I remember the noise.I do not think I have ever heard anything so loud before or since, rock concerts included !!!!

The hit has left Emma terrified rigid by lightning now.So if she is at home, we have to shut the curtains and we play card games.