Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147753 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4170 on: April 01, 2009, 12:10:27 am »
My friend Chris is here with me tonight. Of course we are at my Dad's house, but he had to have his dog Oscar put down today. He's very upset about it. His dog got cancer and it got to the point where it was time for Oscar to find peace because he was suffering so badly. He was only 8. So Chris is here hugging on Cody because he's missing his dog.

He wanted to watch Marley and Me tonight and I was like "huh-uh, I don't think so!" He didn't know about the ending. So we are watching Dracula Has Risen From The Grave. It's an old Christopher Lee vampire movie.

oh GOOD catch on the Marley movie...not good at ALL...

the vampires might take his mind off of it.

Remind him he did the right thing and the brave thing. It is very unselfish caring thing to give an animal a gentle end like that.

injest

« Reply #4171 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:08 am »
No, it is not cold out there. It's about 55 degrees right now. It's not warm, but it's not cold either. But those drops of water were huge! And there were LOTS of them! It was raining hard.

I always get chilled if I get wet! cant' stand getting rained on!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4172 on: April 01, 2009, 12:14:01 am »
Oscar was a bullmastiff. He was very cute. He had such a cute face. And he was extremely friendly. Chris said he will never own another dog again, but I'm hoping after he has time to grieve he will change his mind and bring home a little puppy. :)

His dog was only 8. That was a real shame. He should have lived several more years had it not been for that damn cancer.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #4173 on: April 01, 2009, 12:17:12 am »
Oscar was a bullmastiff. He was very cute. He had such a cute face. And he was extremely friendly. Chris said he will never own another dog again, but I'm hoping after he has time to grieve he will change his mind and bring home a little puppy. :)

His dog was only 8. That was a real shame. He should have lived several more years had it not been for that damn cancer.

well the bigger the dog is the shorter their life span. Poodles live decades!

I hope so too. Once your heart has opened for an animal there is NOTHING that will fill it back up again like another love.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4174 on: April 01, 2009, 12:21:14 am »
well the bigger the dog is the shorter their life span. Poodles live decades!

I know it. COdy just turned 5! I'm worried about what might happen to him in the next few years. I dread the thought of losing him. It makes me cry just to think about it. Golden Retrievers typically live to be around 12 years old, so he should have some good years still left in him. He's still very active and acts like a pup most of the time. So that's a good sign.

Once your heart has opened for an animal there is NOTHING that will fill it back up again like another love.

Yes. That is very true! :'(

injest

« Reply #4175 on: April 01, 2009, 12:27:47 am »
when my Fred died I had to go the next DAY and get another kitten, I couldn't bear the house without him...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4176 on: April 01, 2009, 06:53:32 am »
Losing a pet is soooo hard.

When we had to put Midnight down, he was 20, we had gotten him as a kitten.  It was soooo hard.

We waited about a year after his death, the house was kinda empty without an animal in it, and then mom decided she was ready for another animal, and we have Blaze now.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4177 on: April 01, 2009, 03:04:38 pm »
My friend Chris is here with me tonight. Of course we are at my Dad's house, but he had to have his dog Oscar put down today. He's very upset about it. His dog got cancer and it got to the point where it was time for Oscar to find peace because he was suffering so badly. He was only 8. So Chris is here hugging on Cody because he's missing his dog.

He wanted to watch Marley and Me tonight and I was like "huh-uh, I don't think so!" He didn't know about the ending. So we are watching Dracula Has Risen From The Grave. It's an old Christopher Lee vampire movie.

My Mum wanted tow atch Marley and Me as well, and he dog only died about 2 mnths ago. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4178 on: April 01, 2009, 03:07:12 pm »
I hope she didn't watch it!! Did you tell her how it ends Kelda? You should probably warn her about it. :-\

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4179 on: April 01, 2009, 11:32:32 pm »

Scout's mom was a registered bullmastiff and her dad a registered choco-lab. Sweet, sweet dog. Very smart. But she's big and she's 10, and she is afflicted with arthritis. I buy medicine for her each month. It's sad to see our pets growing old or getting sick. They are so brave about it. I'm certain they go to heaven. Certain.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~