Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147790 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4250 on: April 16, 2009, 01:26:57 am »
I don't like ice tea either. I suppose anything loaded with sugar or some sort of sweetener would taste good if one has a sweet tooth. Another thing I can't stand is coffee that is sweetened with all that junk that is popular at Starbucks and cost around $3. I like my coffee with home ground beans, strong, and with a little half n half. Steve likes his black.... ;)

Brad

I dont drink coffee...I drink lemonade, Coke (some), hot tea now and again...but mostly water. One thing I will NOT drink is anything with artificial sweetner...I will do without rather than drink something I have to 'get used to'... ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4251 on: April 16, 2009, 01:27:22 am »
Hey there Brad! It's good to see you!

I don't put sugar in my iced tea either, but I'm a Northerner so I have a good excuse. ;)

I used to put sugar in my hot tea until I discovered this chai spice black tea. It's very rich and aromatic. It tastes a bit of cinnamon or ginger. Something like that. It doesn't need sugar. It's not exactly sweet, but it has enough flavors in there so I don't really need the sugar.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #4252 on: April 16, 2009, 01:28:08 am »
I thought ALL Southerners loved iced tea?!! Sweet iced tea!!

You are a DISGRACE to Dixie, Jess! >:(

;) ;)

It was really funny when I lived in Evansville. I lived only about 2 miles from Henderson, Kentucy. I went to Kentucky many times because the stores in Henderson were often closer to my house than the stores in Evansville. Once you crossed the Ohio river into Henderson, they'd automatically put sugar in your iced tea unless you specifically asked them not to. In Evansville it was the other way around. It's funny how things can change in the space of only a couple of miles.

hey there is a Henderson not far from me!!

we have mostly sweet tea but most restaurants have both...we dont' discriminate!

:laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #4253 on: April 16, 2009, 01:29:58 am »
I don't like ice tea either. I suppose anything loaded with sugar or some sort of sweetener would taste good if one has a sweet tooth. Another thing I can't stand is coffee that is sweetened with all that junk that is popular at Starbucks and cost around $3. I like my coffee with home ground beans, strong, and with a little half n half. Steve likes his black.... ;)

Brad

Don likes his black too, ever once in a while he'll put a bit of sugar in it. I got him a 'latte' something or other at Joe Muggs once...he eyed it like it was a snake... :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4254 on: April 16, 2009, 01:31:50 am »
hey there is a Henderson not far from me!!

Well this was Henderson Kentucky and it is far away from you. ;) ;)

I worked in Henderson for awhile. And later I had a job in Madisonville Kentucky which was about half way between Evansville and Clarksville Tennessee. Madisonville was about a 45 minute drive from my house. It was a beautiful town. Lots of big trees. It reminded me a bit of Vincennes where I went to college.

I get around, don't I? ;)

injest

« Reply #4255 on: April 16, 2009, 01:32:31 am »
Well this was Henderson Kentucky and it is far away from you. ;) ;)

I worked in Henderson for awhile. And later I had a job in Madisonville Kentucky which was about half way between Evansville and Clarksville Tennessee. Madisonville was about a 45 minute drive from my house. It was a beautiful town. Lots of big trees. It reminded me a bit of Vincennes where I went to college.

I get around, don't I? ;)

you DO!!

;D ;D

oh were you talking about for your work??

;D ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4256 on: April 16, 2009, 01:36:35 am »
Don likes his black too, ever once in a while he'll put a bit of sugar in it. I got him a 'latte' something or other at Joe Muggs once...he eyed it like it was a snake... :laugh: :laugh:

Wait a minute! No I didn't mean it like that. There is a type of tea called black tea. It's very good for you. I read an article that said black tea will boost your immune system tenfold.

But like Don, I also drink my tea black. I drink my coffee that way too. No cream. No sugar. No nothing.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4257 on: April 16, 2009, 01:39:46 am »
you DO!!

;D ;D

oh were you talking about for your work??

;D ;D

Well I was probably talking about both actually. :-X

pnwDUDE

« Reply #4258 on: April 16, 2009, 01:43:02 am »
Hey there Brad! It's good to see you!

I don't put sugar in my iced tea either, but I'm a Northerner so I have a good excuse. ;)

I used to put sugar in my hot tea until I discovered this chai spice black tea. It's very rich and aromatic. It tastes a bit of cinnamon or ginger. Something like that. It doesn't need sugar. It's not exactly sweet, but it has enough flavors in there so I don't really need the sugar.

Thanks David. We drink mainly green tea. We grow several different mints, so we add it to our tea. Steve likes to add honey to his, but I don't like even a hint of honey, so I stick with it plain or with some mint. I've never really craved sweets like chocolate or ice cream. I'm one of them salty guys  ;)

Brad

injest

« Reply #4259 on: April 16, 2009, 01:43:52 am »
Well I was probably talking about both actually. :-X

:laugh: :laugh:

{{{David}}}