Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147732 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4320 on: April 22, 2009, 07:40:13 am »
well...if you dangle your tail outta the cage....somebody is gonna pull it.

;D ;D

And when I dangle it out here........I dont have to second guess who is gonna do the pullin....... ::) ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #4321 on: April 22, 2009, 07:41:43 am »
And when I dangle it out here........I dont have to second guess who is gonna do the pullin....... ::) ::)

You can ALWAYS count on me! I take care of MY friends!  ;D ;)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4322 on: April 22, 2009, 09:10:23 am »
I have a little wooden sign hanging up in my kitchen, it says......Sometimes I wake up grumpy........sometimes I let him sleep in...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4323 on: April 22, 2009, 02:09:53 pm »
My Dad kind of hurt my feelings today. He was watching Fox News and they were interviewing Miss California and discussing her comments about gay marriage.

Dad looked at me and said (I'm paraphrasing) "I don't think she said anything wrong. What's all the fuss about?"

And I told him I thought everyone is entitled to their opinions in this country - even her.

Then he said (I'm paraphrasing again) "You people need to stop complaining. What are these rights you keep complaining about? Move to Iran if you think you're being treated so badly here."

He said gay people have everything they need in this country and we should stop bitching about how we're treated.

That hurt my feelings until I reminded myself that he is a die-hard, old school conservative. In his mind the country is fine and since everything is working well for him and people like him, he doesn't see the need for things to change.

He often forgets he has a gay son. At least I HOPE he's forgetting. :-\

:-\  ???  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4324 on: April 23, 2009, 01:13:42 am »

I think that most people are self-centered, and don't understand the other point of view.

One of my cousins is a member of the Knights of Columbus, as is my father.  they both continually ask me if I'm intersted in going to functions there, where I have to pay a fee to enter.

I've told them no numerous times, and my reasons why......because they gave money to the movement to support Prop 8. 

I don't look at it as them trying to hurt me.  The KoC is important to me, so they ask me to go.  I just keep stating my case, and opt not to attend.

The KoC. That's where we all gathered for the reception after my first communion. I was very disappointed when I learned they put so much effort into supporting Prop 8. Not surprised though. Just disappointed. :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4325 on: April 23, 2009, 01:15:44 am »
hahahhahaha......I knew you would do that Jess......

I have a little wooden sign hanging up in my kitchen, it says......Sometimes I wake up grumpy........sometimes I let him sleep in...I get a lot of laughs from that one.

:laugh: :laugh:

You go girl. :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4326 on: April 26, 2009, 12:42:28 am »
Spring has finally sprung!!

Dad and I went for a walk on the golf course today to look for stray golf balls (we found 16) and I snapped this picture.

I'm not sure what kind of tree that is, but they grow EVERYWHERE here in Indianapolis. They have little pink purplish flowers. Dad tried to tell me it was a dogwood, but I'm certain that is NOT what it is. I know dogwoods when I see them. This is something different. I should know the name of it but...

Anyway, it was 84 F here today. They said it may hit 90 tomorrow. I STILL haven't turned on the aircondition. I've been resorting to open windows, but I may have to switch it on tomorrow. If it hits 90, that is.

injest

« Reply #4327 on: April 26, 2009, 12:46:45 am »
Spring has finally sprung!!

Dad and I went for a walk on the golf course today to look for stray golf balls (we found 16) and I snapped this picture.

I'm not sure what kind of tree that is, but they grow EVERYWHERE here in Indianapolis. They have little pink purplish flowers. Dad tried to tell me it was a dogwood, but I'm certain that is NOT what it is. I know dogwoods when I see them. This is something different. I should know the name of it but...

Anyway, it was 84 F here today. They said it may hit 90 tomorrow. I STILL haven't turned on the aircondition. I've been resorting to open windows, but I may have to switch it on tomorrow. If it hits 90, that is.

it is a 'tree with pink flowers'...

and turn on the AC for Gods sake!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4328 on: April 26, 2009, 12:54:39 am »
I think the trees with the white flowers are apple trees. We saw some of those out there too. Maybe it is a cherry tree? I don't know.

You're right! It's a tree with PINK FLOWERS! :laugh: I can live with that! ;)

injest

« Reply #4329 on: April 26, 2009, 12:57:22 am »
I think the trees with the white flowers are apple trees. We saw some of those out there too. Maybe it is a cherry tree? I don't know.

You're right! It's a tree with PINK FLOWERS! :laugh: I can live with that! ;)

you can go back in a couple of months and see!! and pick some if it is!