Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149658 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1870 on: August 05, 2007, 11:37:58 pm »
Great David! (when is labour day btw?)

Are you counting down the hours and minutes yet?!

I've been counting the hours ever since he left a couple of months ago. It's down to 108 hours and 17 minutes and 6 seconds now! (I might be a second or two off though)  ;)  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1871 on: August 06, 2007, 12:09:13 am »
Are you gonna be pacing between the couch and the window with your best shirt on, smoking and guzzling beers while you wait!!??   ;)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1872 on: August 06, 2007, 04:22:26 am »
Are you gonna be pacing between the couch and the window with your best shirt on, smoking and guzzling beers while you wait!!??   ;)

heh - can we have pictures of that?!?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1873 on: August 06, 2007, 04:35:32 pm »

All of the above Shasta, except for the smoking and drinking part!  :D

Maybe I should go get a pack of cigarettes and some beer! Will it help the time to pass faster before Sweet Baby gets here?  ;)  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1874 on: August 06, 2007, 05:01:05 pm »
First the Pawnee and the Crow came and made war with the Sioux people. They tried to remove us from our lands and make it their own. Many people died. We resisted them and eventually they stopped coming to Lakota country.

Then the White man came. He also tried tried to remove us from our country and he eventually succeeded, but only after many people died.

The White man also fought against a great chief from far across the ocean. The white man said he wanted his freedom from the chief but some of the chief's warriors came and tried to stop him. And many people died.

Next came a great civil war. The White man said this was also a war for freedom. But many people died in that war too.

Then came two great wars in Europe, and it quickly spread to other places in the world. And many people died.

Soon after those wars were over, two more wars started in Asia. Many people also died in those wars.

Then some people came from far away and knocked down our buildings, and so we went to their countries to knock down some of theirs. And many people died. Many people are still dying.

Mother Earth will never see peace among her children until we begin to realize our many similarities rather than our few differences.  For we are all one tribe; the Human tribe. And a tribe that makes war with itself cannot awaken to see another sunrise.

Bettermostian David
August 6, 2007

moremojo

« Reply #1875 on: August 06, 2007, 05:03:07 pm »
Beautiful, David...and so true.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1876 on: August 06, 2007, 10:23:19 pm »
All of the above Shasta, except for the smoking and drinking part!  :D

Maybe I should go get a pack of cigarettes and some beer! Will it help the time to pass faster before Sweet Baby gets here?  ;)  :D

NO!! Don't start any bad habits on my advice. LOL. I'd feel guilty.  :P 

Just play solitaire, throw the ball for Cody,  or post on Bettermost to pass the time.
  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1877 on: August 07, 2007, 10:45:01 am »
Speaking of finding ways to make the time pass...hmmmm... ::)...let me begin this post again!

Speaking of posting on BetterMost, would you come over to Social Events and post your fantastic photo of the full moon on the full moon thread for us? I always try to put a pic of the full moon there every month (Sometimes, like in June, twice a month!) and I love to see it from different angles.

Oh, I also wanted to ask you...I bought a copy of one of my favorite movies, Little Big Man, starring Dustin Hoffman, and I wondered if you have seen it and whether it is at all authentic or not??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1878 on: August 07, 2007, 03:07:09 pm »
Speaking of finding ways to make the time pass...hmmmm... ::)...let me begin this post again!

Speaking of posting on BetterMost, would you come over to Social Events and post your fantastic photo of the full moon on the full moon thread for us? I always try to put a pic of the full moon there every month (Sometimes, like in June, twice a month!) and I love to see it from different angles.

Oh, I also wanted to ask you...I bought a copy of one of my favorite movies, Little Big Man, starring Dustin Hoffman, and I wondered if you have seen it and whether it is at all authentic or not??

Thank you Lee!  :D

You like my moon? And you want me to post it WHERE??!!! Do you want to handle my moon or would you rather I do it myself?  ;)

Sure, I'll moon the Social forum! Just give me a few minutes, okay??  :)

No, I've never seen "Little Big Man" Lee. I think I've heard of it before. What is it about?

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #1879 on: August 12, 2007, 01:07:20 am »
This picture made think of Cody and his flatulance problem.  Sometimes you just gotta keep smiling  ;) Hope his tummy's settled down and you're both feeling better.

Life is not a dress rehearsal